Buymerovka Pine and Spa Resort

1a Kosyora street, Kiev, 01054, Ukraine

More about Kiev

The sweets cornerThe sweets corner

Andriivsky descentAndriivsky descent

The police in KievThe police in Kiev

Vladimirskaya Gorka and Kievo-Pecherskaya LavraVladimirskaya Gorka and Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra

Kiev in december

by kajove

I have had the pleashure beeing in Kiev 3 times before, but all during september and october. This time I have invited my sisters and and two friens to follow me to the town that I have been talking so much abouth. The same friends have been following us on Cristmas shopping in other cities in europe earlier years. Took me some time time to to tell them that Kiev is a european town.

We will arrive Bosprospil dec 10 and back home (Bergen) at dec 13.

My Question is:
I know that the Ortodox church has a different scedule, but is there any cristmas markeds in Kiev during december.

Any other ideas for entertainments in Kiev.
Any suggestions for a blues or a jazz club during our stay.

by Pikine

December is a traditional sales month in Ukraine, you can get large discounts at many stores. However, 10-13th may be a bit early for that.

It's better to settle on the music programme in early December when schedules for all clubs are available. Remind me then and I'll suggest something.

by Pikine

Keti,

We do have Christmas trees, but they are called "New Year trees".

I agree with you saying that we don't have Christmas markets, but wanted to give some prospect on Christmas shopping, realizing that this may not be exactly what the question was about.

by om_212

agree with previous postings, I don't think you will find the Christmast Markets in Ukraine. as far as jazz clubs are concerned, my recommendation would go for Sullivan Room http://sullivanroom.kiev.ua/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34, Art Club 44, http://www.club44.com.ua/,
(jazz performances are usually on Tuesdays) and Double Bass, http://double-bass.com.ua/index.shtml (jazz performances every day, reservation is recommended). have a great time in Kyiv, best, Olya

by Nat_from_Ukraine

Hi! Here you can see all about jazz in Kiev:

Travel Tips for Kiev

Keep Sharp eye on stuff

by realdealz

Kyiv or Kiev, city, north central Ukraine, capital of Ukraine, and of Kyiv Oblast, on the Dnieper River. The largest city of Ukraine, it is a major industrial, transportation, and cultural center. Among its leading manufactures are machinery, machine tools, chemicals, motor vehicles, processed food, textiles, clothing, forest products, and printed materials. The city also serves as the market for an agricultural region producing grain, fruit, sugar beets, and other commodities. A beautiful city with many parks and historical structures, Kyiv is built mostly on hills overlooking the Dnieper. The old section of the city, on the right bank of the river, includes hills surmounted by churches and the ruins of ancient castles and fortifications. I will say at first I loved it and will return, I met some very nice people that spoke english, and acompany me on my train ride to kharkiv.

Geopolitical Description of Ukraine

by Dialing

Rather mor of general information:

Ukraine is situated in Eastern Europe. In the south, Ukraine is washed by the Black and Azov Seas.
The territory: 603,7 th.sq.km.
The population: more than 51 mln.people
The length : from the West to the East is 1316 km, from the North to the South is 893 km , the borders are 6500 km.
Far points : in the North is v. Petrivka (Chernigiv oblast); in the South is the cape Saritch (Autonomous Republic of Crimea); in the West is Tchop (Transcarpathian oblast); in the East is v.Chervona Zirka (Luhansk oblast).
Neighboring countries : Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Russia, Belarus.
Climate : in East-European flatland (95% of the territory) and in the Ukrainian Carpathian and Crimean mountains (5 % of the territory) the climat is mostly continental, akin to subtropical in the south of Crimean coast.
Annual precipitation - flatland - 300-700 ËË, Crimean mountains - 1000-1200 ËË, Ukrainian Carpathian mountains - over 1500 mm.
Air temperature: Average annual air temperature, grad ÿ is: January - -5C, July - +25C. Almost to the topic :)

The largest rivers:
Length on the territory of Ukraine (total length), km
Dnipro
981(2201)

The largest lakes and lagoons, sq.km
Sasik (Kunduk)
Dnister

The highest mountain peaks, m
The Ukrainian Carpathian mountains
The Crimean mountains
Hoverla
2061
Roman-Kosh

Kyiv guberniya

by Listig

The Kyiv guberniya (province) was created in 1708. After the great fire of 1811 the straight-road system was changed to a regular one and urban reconstruction was begun in earnest.
In 1834 Kyiv's right of Magdeburg law was officially rescinded and in 1840 the Lithuanian statute was abol-ished. The Ukrainian language and culture were subject to stringent restrictions by carious Tsarist ukazes (decrees).

Understanding living - a first approach

by Bobek

It is very difficult for westerners to understand the general "survival" system of Ukrainians in terms of income and living. Even though I have tried very hard to understand how people make their living this still remains a mystery to me.

(text removed) (text removed)

Cinematic Gems

by Bobek

Although this tip is not strictly Kiev-related, I guess most of you visitors to the city will enjoy finding it here, as it is on those pieces of art that are unknown to most of us, including me when I came to Kiev for the first time.

(text removed) (text removed)

Comments