Hotel Lybid

See Amenities

You better avoid it!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 days in this hotel in February 2012. The choice of hotel was of my Ukrainian partners and I can't say that we enjoyed our stay at all! The hotel is advertised as very centrally located, but don't expect easily to get to the city centre by feet, there is no nearby metro station either. It's an old Soviet style big and ugly 3-star-hotel with 273 rooms (32 out of them - suites) and a bunch of strange guys (security - in uniforms and casual dresses) hanging always around the main entrance. The elevator is also operated only with your room card, forget to use if you don't have it with you. We had reserved a double room, but when we got into the room on the 9th floor it turned out that it's a single room - very small in size (so small that I didn't have the space to catch the entire room on a photo), with smaller in size bed, with a blanket not enough for two in size and one pair of towels. The air-conditioner in the room was awfully noisy, apart from this you could hear your neighbours! After spending a terrible night there we moved to junior suite on the 14th floor that looked a little better, but had hairs on the sofa and the toilet was somehow placed under the sink... Well, at least we had a better window view. The staff in general was kind - only the receptionist who did our check-in was not kind at all when I asked if the room we are in is single or double. The breakfast was ok, but don't expect variety - it was very much the same every day. I could accept such things if we speak about an economy hotel, but the prices of the hotel are not cheap, for the same prices you can get much better 3-star-hotels like Rus or Salute for instance... Not to mention that you have to pay in advance for all your stay right on the day of your arrival! The only good things that I could say about this hotel apart from the kind personnel is the view from the window and the fact that it's easily accessible by car from many sides which is a big plus for a city with big traffic jams like Kiev. I wouldn't visit hotel Lybid again and recommend you to avoid it too.

Unique Quality: Window view, easily accessible by car from many sides, kind staff

Directions: Opposite to the national circus of Kiev, next to Univermag Ukraine shopping centre...

ronin308's Profile Photo

Good hotel near the railway station

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 10, 2008

This hotel is a clean neat hotel similar to a Holiday Inn express or similar value hotel. I spent 1 night there in a 1 person room. Something to note compared to the US, you can get small 1 person rooms with a twin bed here.

Everything was in order, room was nice with an opening window to let the november breeze in.

Unique Quality: I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for something near the railway station, about the only negative compared to some of the other hotels is that the view isn't the best. One plus is after 10 times to Kiev I finally have some kind of a map.

It is a modern hotel featuring a restaurant and bar. I didn't use the restaurant so I can't say anything about the quality. The bar was decent with a variety of beers.

The hotel itself is a short walk from the old train station, and also a longer but still doable one to Kreshatik and the heart of town. It's also close to two metro stations.

Directions: Start heading out from the main road of the train station and start looking for the building on your right.

Lybid Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2006

3 stars Hotel, located in a city centre, 3 mins by car from a main street Kreschatik.
270 rooms (single, double, suite, appartments), restaurant for 150 seats, conference hall, Casino, night bar.
Good choice for business travellers and groups of tourists.

Tanechka's Profile Photo

The Lybid hotel is a three...

by written on August 24, 2002

The Lybid hotel is a three star hotel located in Premohy, (Victory), Square. It boasts single, double and deluxe rooms, (280 in all), and two restaurants. All rooms contain hairdryers, television and telephones.
Single £76.00

Air conditioning
Purified water
Dry Cleaning

PanIvan Aug 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM

The hotel has always been clean during our visits. Good that we had Kyiv City Card and our stay was not very expensive. The staff was friendly with a relatively large number of people speaking English and the included breakfast buffet was good with several different offerings each day.

Nearby Hotel Lybid

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kiev Travel Forum

Need advice about Kiev, Ukraine? Visit the Travel Forum for Kiev and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kiev hotel reviews