Ukraine Apartments

#31
Rank 31 of 77 hotels
in Kiev
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

WARNING! DO NOT USE "UARENT.COM"

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 14, 2010

I am from the UK and booked an apartment through uarent.com, about 6 weeks in advance. 3 nights, Friday - Monday inclusive.

On arrival I was taken to a different apartment than the one I booked, it was about 3 streets away. I paid 65EUR per night (they quote prices in EUR but charge you in USD, so you end up paying a little bit extra on the conversion rate, in my case, I paid in GBP a EUR quoted price but was charged in USD!).

The apartment I paid 65€ for was a luxury one, separate bedroom, microwave, toaster, full kitchen, oven, jacuzzi bathtub, balcony, wood floors, flat panel tv, music centre, dvd, leather furniture and so on.

The apartment I was given was one room studio, tiled floor, no kitchen equipment except a microwave, old box tv, no dvd, no music, shower (no tub) with luke warm water, standard furniture and a small balcony. Comparing it to the one I booked and paid for, i was worth 45-50€ at the most.

The agency provided me with their office number to call if I needed them. I called them within 30 minutes of arriving to tell them it was the wrong apartment. They claimed the person who speaks english is out of the office and gave me a mobile number to call. I called the mobile, and no one answered it!

I sent an sms to the mobile and an email to their office asking why I was in a different apartment, and while it was ok for that day (it was about 5.30pm) could they call me in the morning and explain why.

No one called me back. I called again the next day (Sat) again no one answered either number. I left messages, but no one called me back. I called again the next day (Sun) but still no one answered either number. I was leaving the next morning so didnt bother to call again.

I received an email Monday afternoon from the office, after I had left the country apologising but the apartment I had booked was being "redecorated" and because they were "very busy" they forgot to advise me beforehand.

I asked them to refund 15EUR per night onto my card (as I paid 65€ per night for an apartment worth 50€) and they refused, instead offering me 5€ credit towards my next booking with them.

I am only thankful that my days in Kiev passed without incident, that I didnt get stuck in the lift, or had any problem with the apartment (lost keys etc) as the "emergency number" they provide you with is clearly no good.

There are plenty of other accom agencies in Kiev and I would strongly recommend you DO NOT use this one. You may or may not get the apartment you booked, you wont get a refund, and you wont be able to speak to anyone if you need help or assistance.

5 Photos of Ukraine Apartments

Kiev Travel Forum

Need advice about Kiev, Ukraine? Visit the Travel Forum for Kiev and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kiev hotel reviews

Khreshchatyk Street
Friendship of Nations Arch
Great Patriotic War Museum
Things to Do
Metrograd (Underground Shoppping Mall)
Shopping
Railway Station
Guided Tour of the City
Conker Statue - Maryinsky Park
Things to Do
Will visit it again for sure!
Nothing special...
A nice new Italian restaurant in Kiev
Restaurants
One of the good pizza restaurants in Kiev
Fast and Familiar
Unmissable!
Very Pretty, with a Symbolic History
Pechersk Lavra
Things to Do
The best Indian restaurant in Kiev!
Nice Italian restaurant in Podol
Restaurants
Museum of outstanding figures of the Ukrainian cul
Literary and Memorial Museum of P. H. Tychyna