Irys Hostel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Lviv

Carlos and Miko meeting Ove.Carlos and Miko meeting Ove.

Jean Louis and FrancoiseJean Louis and Francoise

VT friends, Lviv, UAVT friends, Lviv, UA

Architecture in town, Lviv, UAArchitecture in town, Lviv, UA

Chopping / Stamping on British Passport when entering Ukraine?

by youngken

I am a British Passport Holder. The blank space of my passport is nearly used up. I want to know whether stamping required when I pass through the Immigration Counter.

by Paisleypaul

Got stamped going through Kyiv Borispol Airport October 2006 so looks like a YES

by nhoolb

Of course, yes. Stamped entering and stamped leaving.

The stamps take a quarter of a page.

I have 4 entries + exits on one page.

by JohntheFinn

Are visas required for EU passport-holders? The Ukrainian government travel sites I've seen aren't in agreement on this point, so I'd like to know the current situation.

by nhoolb

No visa required for EU passports, for touristic stays up to 90 days.

by JohntheFinn

Thanks!

by om_212

I am not sure about foreigners, but they stopped stamping passports for Ukrainians, at least in Boryspil. saves a lot of space.

by dweber

Maybe its specific for airport but the last two times thru Odessa they did not stamp my passport. I'm American.

by taurean_traveller

I think it depends on the Officer at the desk.
My step daughter (who is Ukrainian) had her passport stamped going in and out of Odessa but not coming out of Kiev.
I had mine stamped both in and out of Odessa as did my Ukrainian wife.

by yumyum

Always got entry/exit stamps when using trains, buses and planes in and out of the country.

by bivizzz

The new regulations came into power this month, which say that you CAN get a stamp into passport but only when you ask for this. Normally, they don't stamp your passport now any more.

by taurean_traveller

Have just arrived back from Odessa and they stamped my passport,BUT interestingly enough did not keep my landing card which they have in the past which begs me to ask why fill in one?

by om_212

the Misterious Ukrainian Borber Control never fails to amaze you :)

Travel Tips for Lviv

Cathedral

by bugulma

Cathedral (St Maria Latin Cathedral) was built in 1360-1493 by Hansechke and Blecher architects in order of Kazimir the Great King. Inside you can go only by lateral doors because the main door is closed since 1772 and it is a kind of protest against Austrian occupation.

View from the High Castle

by Zo72

When visiting Lviv High Castle is another not-to-miss location. It is a hill 300 m high right in the city centre which offers best views of the city. Path with many steps leeds to its peak, but it is well worth the effort.

Unfortunately I was in Lviv during winter and the weather was not very nice so the viewes were not what they would be on a warm sunny day. Nevertheles, views of the city were beautiful and it was equally interesting for me to look at the old part of city on the sothe and east, as well as the new parts on the other side.

Many people from Lviv as well as tourists walk to the High Castle. It is possible to rent binoculars on the top.

Lviv Tip

by Michael_D

My fondest memory of L'VIV is after 15 hours on a train we were left at 6am at the station with a 5 hour layover..,,tired and hungry but determined to see the center city..we passed a bakery...rather we TRIED TO PASS a bakery baking fresh bread...our noses led us to the back door and moments later and very few $grivney later we were consuming small baguette-like loaves of fresh bread warm from the oven...I can still smell it;-)

Kornyakt Tower

by bugulma

The tower is in the complex of Church of Our Lady Assumption. The tower was built in 1572-1578 by Barbon architect. There is the legend that in 1672 in siege of Turkish troops, one of cannon ball fell to the roof of the tower and the pewter roof was melt down and the tower cried by pewter tears. Beautiful story, isn't it?

Don't sip on your Vodka!

by thenugget31

Vodka is known as 'Hrilka' in Ukrainian..
You should drink it straight in a shot glass and wash it down with some juice afterwards..
It's better to drink it all at once rather than in 2 or 3 tries (unless you want to be considered a bit timid))

In the winter you should remove your gloves if you are shaking hands with someone..

Learn at least a few words of Ukrainian..

Tak - yes
Ne - No
Mozhna - May I
Budlaska - please
Diakuyu - thankyou
Vibachte - Sorry
Ya ne Rozimiyo - I don't understand
Ya ne mozhu perestate doumete pro tebe - I can't stop thinking about you..

Comments