Lviv Hotels

Our Members Say

• Raimix profile photo Raimix
  • Reviews: 1728

Hostel del Pozitiff: Nice hostel in town hall square

This hostel was one of the best I ever stayed. At first I reserved a place in Svobody avenue, but my Lviv host told me it could be too loud place, so I changed it to Del Pozitiff hostel in town hall square. At first it was the best location, as you are in a very center of Lviv. Secondly, I liked the personnel, that was caring and interesting to talk about life in Ukraine, tourism objects, so on.

The room was private one, had everything I needed (but no TV if someone needs it when traveling). The price of a room was around 240 grivens per night, it is also suitable for a couple, not only one person.

• Written February 9, 2013
Tip Photo

• ainsleigh profile photo ainsleigh
  • Reviews: 125

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

rentlviv.com: Rent this Apartment!

We spent a week in Lviv in January, 2013 and booked a beautiful apartment through Georges at rentlviv.com. They offer four apartments. We stayed in the Cafe Apartment, and it must honestly be the nicest apartment and best location in all of Lviv. The owners have great taste and there is original art throughout. We stayed at Christmas time and right outside our door was Halytska Street; a cobbled pedestrian area, festivity, musicians and tons of people enjoying the season. Almost magically the street is quiet by 2300hrs so you can get a good sleep if you want.

The Latin Cathedral and Boyim Chapel can be admired from the windows. There are many cafes, restaurants and sights within walking distance, and in fact, we did not need to use public transit at all. There is a grocery store a few steps away. The location is perfect; I could go on and on.

The management team, Bodhan and Halyna are very helpful and kind. We do not speak any local languages, and they helped us with train tickets, taxis, and even helped me with Ukrainian. I just left, and I'm already thinking of ways to try and come back. I would highly recommend rentlviv.com!

The management team. The location. The everything.

• Related to: Architecture, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 10, 2013

View from the window

• jonathanbarker profile photo jonathanbarker
  • Reviews: 55

Old City Hostel: Lovely Hostel in early 20th Century building

This was the best hostel we stayed in during our sty in Ukraine. The Hostel is centrally located, ideal for the Plosha Rynok (market square), Old Lviv, The Opera house, Svobody Avenue, Souvenir shops, local shops, bars, restaurants. This hostel is in an early 20th century apartment building on the corner of Beryndy Street/Svobody Avenue on the 3rd floor. There is a lift available. Irena and her staff are very helpful, have a good knowledge of Lviv, as well as a good commnad of English. The hostel is very clean and has a kitchen/dining room (with complimentary tea & coffee) and a common room with easy chairs. There are 3 "private" rooms as well as mixed dormitories, clean bathrooms with lovely showers. Irena has provided free internet as well as free Wifi. There are plenty of pamphlets and cards which advertise/ give information about Lviv, tours, museums etc

Our twin bedded room also had some personal touches which included, a decorated ceiling, an antique mirror, potted plants and a poster on the wall, which tells the guests about the historical building

• Related to: Singles, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 19, 2012
Tip Photo

The apartment block in which the hostel is

• Olesyarom profile photo Olesyarom
  • Reviews: 2

The Georgehouse Hostel: Hostel

Small and comfortable hostel. Very clean. Consists of two rooms. One for 4 people and another for 8 people. Located close to the center of Lviv.

Modern interior

• Related to: Backpacking, Trains
  • Written April 27, 2011

• hunterV profile photo hunterV
  • Reviews: 2664

Make Your Choice: Apartments for Rent

I stayed at my friend's in Tarnavska Street.
I have also studied the apartment issue in Lviv before coming there.
Here are some useful phone numbers for you. They have a huge choice of apartments in Lviv.
Podobovo

Not far from downtown

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Festivals, Photography
  • Written June 12, 2010
Tip Photo

During a morning stroll downtown

• hunterV profile photo hunterV
  • Reviews: 2664

Great Hotels for You: Hotel Links

I did not stay at any hotel here.
I have been to George Hotel where my VT friends stayed and liked it a lot.
Here are links to some superb hotels in Lviv that I have found on the net or seen during my exploration of the city:Dniester Hotel
George Hotel
Eurohotel
Grand Hotel
Opera Hotel
Leopolis Hotel
Suputnyk Hotel
Misterhostel Hostel

Wonderful architecture, nice rooms and good meals, downtown location.

• Related to: Photography, Festivals, Arts and Culture
  • Written June 12, 2010

Grand Hotel, Liberty Avenue, Lviv

• Matthijs85 profile photo Matthijs85
  • Reviews: 45

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Retro Hostel Shevchenko: Nice hostel :)

I stayed in a 2-person room with my girlfriend. The room was nice, and so was the staff :) Top location! Nice common room where you can get beer for supermarket prices and meet fellow travelers.

Top location
Nice rooms
Nice staff

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 16, 2009

• Dizzyhead profile photo Dizzyhead
  • Reviews: 4558

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel lviv.: A cheap hotel.

I had no problems to stay in this hotel, and it remains abt the old Soviet hotels. I slept good here and it was very central. My room had a bath tube.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 2, 2008

• yeu profile photo yeu
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel L'viv: sleep like a commerade

Hotel L'viv (Готель Львів) is a cool soviet-style hotel (with 1 or maybe 2 stars) with shared bathrooms (1 per floor), strange furniture and very cheap prices. If you don't except much, it can be the perfect choice to add a lot to your nostalgic trip into the Soviet Union.

Rooms with more than 4 beds (on request), sovietic elevator, central location, the cleaning stuff won't disturb much :) Stuff doesn't speak western foreign languages (not like Russian or Polish)

• Written September 27, 2007

• henri123 profile photo henri123
  • Reviews: 270

HOTEL SUN: LATEST HOSTEL

VERY NEW HOSTEL, IN JUNE 2007 THEY WERE FINISHING INSTALLATION.
THE RESULT IS QUITE SUCCESFULL.
THE DORMITPRY , UNDER THE ROOF, WAS PERFECT.

GREAT SITUATION DOWN TOWN LVIV

• Related to: Budget Travel, Seniors, Singles
  • Written July 1, 2007
Tip Photo

• yurikv profile photo yurikv
  • Reviews: 8

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Lviv: Hotel Lviv

Very bad experience with this one. It is located at the very center of Lviv, next to the Opera house. That is cool. But! It had very old furniture in my room. The bathroom was poorly cleaned with used candom in the toilet...

• Written April 25, 2007

• Hapebu profile photo Hapebu
  • Reviews: 5

Tourist: Tourist

A cheap hotel with still a sovietic touch but renovated. It is located in Konowaltsja 103. Thats about 15 mins out of the center by foot.

My room had even a TV and I payed something like 20 Euro. The TV was in an extra room, like my livingroom. There were other offers, but I hesitated to ask for a translation, it seemed too difficult.

It seems to be mostly used by ukrainian visitors, but they understand english. There is a man who carries your luggage, I wanted to give him a tip, but the day I left he was off duty. Maybe it is a better idea to give a tip the same day.

It is a mixture of oldfashioned and renovated,
Parking is available around the corner. Ask there early enough because the area is very crowded.

• Related to: School Holidays, Study Abroad, Work Abroad
  • Written April 13, 2007

Hotel Tourist

• arantha profile photo arantha
  • Reviews: 130

Lviv Hotel: The cheapest soviet style hotel :D

It's a great hotel to stay in if you are an amateur of budget holidays ;) It's cheap ($12 per person/night), but quite clean, without any extra facilities (common toilet and bathroom) and what the most important - it's soviet, what is a big fun for Westerners ;) And it's located in the strict center.
In the reception, after paying for your stay, you will get a special pass, confirming you are the guest of the hotel. To get the key to your room, you must go with this pass to the chambermaid's room (room no. 423) and show it to them. After they will check everything is alright, you will get your key :)

I had a fuuny incident while staying in this hotel. In the morning after my last night I packed all my stuff and checked out. I went to the railway station to buy a ticket to Kiev, but I found out it's impossible to buy a ticket in the day of the departure (everything was full), so I decided to stay one more night in Lviv. I went back to the hotel and in the reception payed for one more night. After I shown the pass to the chambermaids thay said they had already cleaned my room (I took the same one as previously) and it's very unpolite of me to do things like that - to check out and check in again, it gives them more work! :D I said I was sorry and explained the situation with the train, but they said it's not enough and I should rather give them some money "for chocolate" :D

I guess it's a real relic of soviet era and at least for situations like that it's worth to stay in this hotel!!! :D

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written September 27, 2006

Lviv Hotel, Lviv, 2006

• afyl profile photo afyl
  • Reviews: 1

HOTEL OPERA: GREAT NEW HOTEL IN LVIV

Just returned from a stay in Lviv together with my wife and two teenage daughters; stayed at the new Hotel Opera located across the street from the Lviv Opera Theatre on Prospect Svobody. The place is a dream especially for those who have stayed in the various other hotels around town. It is a 50 room boutique with a great restaurant (try the pork with mushroom sauce and ask them to add sauerkraut and potatoes "po seliansky" style; there is water all the time and the hotel is tastefully decorated; has very nice mattresses; the rooms a good sized and the service is friendly and multi-lingual; can't say enough about the place; it is centrally located; priced very well with a double going for about $135 including breakfast; they even have white terry cloth bathrobes and slippers!!! Air conditioned. The restaurant is decorated with historic posters of prior performances at the neighboring Opera Theatre.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Architecture
  • Written June 29, 2006

• Zo72 profile photo Zo72
  • Reviews: 269

Hotel Hetman: Cheap hotel in suburb

Hotel Hetman is certainly not a great place to stay but according to Internet it offers good price/quality ratio for budget travellers in Lviv. It is a communist style hotel and little was invested in making it a pleasant place (except in restaurant which is OK). Generally you will survive there and it will be OK, but don't expect to like it. It was not cold in the room (it could be warmer though), it was not dirty, beds were hard, old and inconvenient (but strangely I slept well for 3 nights and felt no pain) and theoretically our room had TV and (rusting) refrigerator. Also breakfast was decent (although it is hard to impress vegetarian with a large sausage). But it wasn't built well, it is getting old and nothing is being invested in sustaining.

According to brochures they have better rooms than was ours.

Hotel is located in the southern suburb of Lviv. There is exchange office and many shops just across the road and there are frequent busses to the city centre there.

• Related to: Budget Travel