Vintage Boutique Hotel

Vintage Boutique Hotel
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Lviv

in front of the Operain front of the Opera

big capuccino and sandwichbig capuccino and sandwich

VT friends, Lviv, UAVT friends, Lviv, UA

Partisan cellar, Lviv, UAPartisan cellar, Lviv, UA

Wedding in Lviv

by cindyzak

I am trying to plan a wedding in Lviv for next summer August 2010. Can anyone recommend a place to have the wedding reception? Any advice about a wedding in Lviv would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cindy

by Bender.79

Ive rented a limo from Lviv. Abt 100USD per hour (last summer)

by bivizzz

Hi.
First of all the place depends on the number of people you are planning to invite. In Ukraine it's usually 150-200 people and as August is considered to be hot season for weddings, I think most of such places are already booked. I had my wedding reception for only 70 people and it was in Videnska Kava (Vienna Cafe) restaurant, which is situated in the center of the city and in my opinion is one of the best there. You can find more details about that place here: http://www.wienkaffe.lviv.ua/indexua_e.html They also have a small hotel in, which was very good quality and not that expensive.
I don't know if you are planning to use some photographer and live music, but if yes, I think the best option would be to hire a person, who deals with all the arrangements. I did this way and he charged 10% of the money I spent for all the issues he was dealing with (music, photo, video, fireworks) but believe me it was worth it. I can share with you the details of the person I was hiring once you need it.
Have a nice wedding :)

by cindyzak

Thank you, that was very helpful. That was a restaurant that we have been looking at. Did you have the wedding outside on the patio or inside? Did you plan you wedding from America as well? And yes I would love the contact information for the person who helped you plan, because we do want music and photographer as well. Thank you so much. I appreciate the help.

by bivizzz

Actually, we rented the whole restaurant, it's not that big. However, if you plan to have very small wedding - patio might be ok. Just keep in might that weather usually changes in very unexpected way in Lviv and partying outside when it's raining is not always funny ;)
When I was planning my wedding I was living in Hungary, however as I was born in Lviv - it was not a problem for me.
I've just the guy, who helped me with the wedding and he is ready to help. I'll send you his e-mail address to your VTmail.

by Vigorko2187

Well, I don't know, if it's up to time, but I'll give you an advise.
here's a link - www.drevnygrad.com.ua - my sister had a wedding there - awesome place, huge and green territory.
That should be just great!

by oksana15

Hi.

I'm having a wedding in Lviv next year and was looking for a wedding planner. You said that your guy was pretty good and you would share his info.

Thank you in advance.
Have an amazing week!

Oksana

Travel Tips for Lviv

The Cyrillic Alphabet

by carlitoab

Before going to the Ukraine (or in fact this can apply to any off the former Soviet states and some of what was Yugoslavia, and Bulgaria) it will make life a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable if you familiarise yourself with the Cyrillic alphabet! Different countries use slightly different versions of the alphabet but use google or another major search engine to get the different versions.

Here is a useful link I found: http://pages.prodigy.net/l.hodges/translit.htm Hmm, where do I start?

Your Tour Guides

by hunterV

A lot of excursions around Lviv and Lviv region are organized by Ravlyk arts gallery located in the entrance hall of the ethnographic museum at 15 Liberty Avenue.
I used their services and was glad.+38 032 243 35 99
+38 067 303 60 44 Lessia
E-mail: salon@ravlyk-art.com.ua
laxsandra@mail.ru The excursion to the cellars of former Jesuits Cathedral;
our visit to the High Castle.

Bills and change

by Zo72

When you have to pay for someting in Ukraine, you get the bill. When you pay, you get back change and they seem very strict about that.

I assume it is OK to round up your bills but tips don't seem mandatory.

Ploshad Ryinok

by bugulma

Ploshad Ryinok (Market Square) is situated in the central part of the city. It is the heart of the medieval city as guidebooks say and it is the heart of the city nowadays. It was begun to form since middle ages and now we can see some examples of the houses of XVI-XVII centuries.

Magic Ukrainian Words

by om_212

Lviv is predominantly a Ukrainian-speaking city. most of people will understand (some will even speak) Polish. Russian is understood, but rarely spoken. so if you address in Russian, don't be surprised if people will respond to you in Ukrainian :) this is not because they hate Russia or Russians (as Russia tries to present it), but just because their Russian language is rusty, and Lvivites are more comfortable speaking Ukrainian ;) (after all, it's been a while since Russian has been obligatory part of the school carricula, and people just forget it, as any other language if they don't practice it).

So when in Lviv, try to practice your Ukrainian. Here couple “magic” words that can be handy while in Lviv:

Pryvit (Hello)
Yak spravy? (How are you?)
Pa-pa (bye-bye; (stress on the last syllable))
Do pobachennya (see you soon)
Dyakuyu (Thank you)
Bud’-laska (please and/ or you are welcome)
Tak (Yes)
Ni (no)
Dobre (Good); ne dobre (not good)
Odnu kavu, bud’-laska (one coffee, please)
Odne pyvo, bud'-laska (one beer, please)
Bud’mo (Cheers)
Smachnoho (bon apetit)

Odyn kvytok, bud’-laska (one ticket, please)

And of course - Ya zakokhanyi u Lviv (I am in love with Lviv :)

No matter how you pronounce these words, Lvivites WILL appreciate you trying to speak Ukrainian :)

Comments