Sevastopol' Hotels

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4102

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dakkar Resort: Hotel in Balaklava

I booked the Dakkar Resort on the advice of my Bradt guide, it sounded like a nice place to stay in a nice location. And it *was* a nice place to stay, if it had just been somewhere else. Balaklava is 12km from Sevastopol and while that doesn't sound like a great distance, if you are taking public transportation, it can easily take 30-45 minutes to get between the two. A taxi will of course be quicker and more expensive.

I'll start with the location since it was the biggest downside to this hotel, I had paid for an upgraded room with a balcony because I thought we would have a nice view overlooking the Black Sea. But Balaklava is centered around a cove that feeds into the Black Sea so our view was of the marina, much of which was filled with military ships, and of the gravel mine across the street. Another added "benefit" to the balcony room was that it was on the 4th floor and I got plenty of exercise climbing the 4 flights of stairs several times a day.

The staff was very pleasant and very helpful, they were always able to tell us which buses to take to get where we were going and spoke English quite well. The stop for Marshrutka #9 was within walking distance, there was a 24 hour convenience store about a block away.

Although not what I'd consider a resort, the hotel itself was quite nice and I have no complaints about the room or the staff.

Room-Room 402 was very spacious, the bed was a king sized moderately comfortable bed. There was an in room safe, minibar and refrigerator with a bit of extra room for our stuff. Saturday and Sunday night there were other guests in the 22 room hotel but Monday night I think we were the only ones there. The noise level was fine except for Monday night when the gravel mine was fully operational all night long, I slept but my husband did not.

Bathroom-very nicely decorated, plenty of hot water, toiletries included soap, shampoo, conditioner and bath gel.

Breakfast-included in the rate, you order off a menu instead of a breakfast buffet. The 1st morning I ordered the Irish breakfast which the Irish would be surprised to find out is toasted bread with an over easy egg, thousand island dressing and bacon. The next morning I ordered scrambled eggs and bacon, a little lost in translation as again I got an over easy egg and bacon. The 3rd morning I passed on breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written June 7, 2009

Dakkar bedroom

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Elite Apartments and Flats in Sevastopol Ukraine: Elite Apartments and Flats in Sevastopol Ukraine

When visiting sevastopol, you can stay in this brand new apt, it had everything Ineeded , Wi-Fi interent , large plasma TV with some english channels on it and a great view

buy far the best apt in Ukraine for the money

• Related to: Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Singles
  • Written February 2, 2009
Tip Photo

• natalya.kaynatan profile photo natalya.kaynatan
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bolshaya Morskaya str.: A 2-bedroom flat in the city-center

A very comfortable, newly repaired and furnished flat at Bolshaya Morskaya str. Both rooms are furnished with double beds and in-built wardrobes. Autonomous heating system, hot water 24h. Internet, TV-sets in all rooms, AC. Only 3 minutes walking distance from the central square and seaside-promenade. There is a comfortable parking availability in the yard as well. Marvelous view. Quite, cozy, comfortable.

• Written January 29, 2009

Room 1 with a marvelous view

• Charles1963 profile photo Charles1963

sevastopol-apartments: Cheapest hotels, apartments in Sevastopol Ukraine

I have seen many hotels and apartments during my years of travel, but during my last trip to Sevastopol in Ukraine I received a service I never seen before. I found surfing the web for accommodation a site from Sevastopol-apartments.com. There they have prices from 20 US and I asked them an offer. They don’t have pre rated prices, but use the day rate of that moment. This gave me a price of 15 US less then offered by one of the sites mentioned at this forum. Because the rate of the USD is changing all the time against the Grifna they have the best way of giving the rates for apartments. I also discovered that they can do this because they are the largest in Sevastopol and the owner is expat with a local wife (Tonya).

I was picked up at the airport by one of their very good drivers. He drove safe and with much pleasure for my life. Not like many taxi’s do in the rest of Ukraine! Next day I joined a tour from them in the centre of Sevastopol for FREE!

At my arrival the apartment was ready like promised and I received some maps and a guide. The apartment was across the street at one of the beaches in Sevastopol with the bus in 100 meters walk. The apartment was a very large accommodation. There is a complete kitchen a enormous living with fire place, plasma TV set, internet, DVD. Bathroom with sauna and massage showers. Two bedrooms with double beds.

Over all, they offer several services to the cheapest prices at the highest level. Are a friendly and official company. Give good documentation for offer, confirmation, travel and arrival. Are punctual and do what they promisse. I am sure I will use their services again.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 17, 2008

• sevastopol1 profile photo sevastopol1

Prospect October Revolution: Sevastopol - Apartments the cheapest but best

For our family visiting Sevastopol we where looking for a good accommodation. It seemed not to be possible to find a good hotel with a normal price, what had room during the period we where there. Then we found Sevastopol-Apartments. It is a small family business from a Russian/Dutch couple, but they have the largest amount of apartments for rent of all and for a sharp price. Our family lives in 4 countries, but they spoke all those languages! Great service!

We did choose the apartments 3.19 and 3.23 both near the beach of Omega and near to each other. What a view we had over the Black Sea and what a sundown’s to see in evening from the apartment 3.19. It was a very modern apartment, with even a Jacuzzi. The apartment was good for 6 of us and we all had our own bedroom. The bus stop to reach the centre of Sevastopol is 100 meters away. The apartments views over the Black Sea, Beach at the Park of Victory, Beach Omega with many small bars, restaurants terraces, is 100 meters away of a new large supermarket. Our children did enjoy themselves in a large aqua park in the neighbourhood, while we enjoyed some tours offered by the owners of Sevastopol-Apartments.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 31, 2008

Living room 3.22 in Sevastopol

• om_212 profile photo om_212
  • Reviews: 355

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Black Sea Appartments: alternative to hotel

a great alternative to a hotel, especially when you are on budget. Black Sea Apartments have been recommended by several VT members so I decided to check them out. the website had several options. first we looked for two-bedroom apartments, but at the end, we ended up renting a one-bedroom appartment, which turned out totally fine for two people who wanted separate rooms.

the apartment was totally modern, had two separate rooms (one had a queen-size bed another - a recliner. the kitchen was fully equipped with utensils should you prefer cooking your meals at home; had a fridge, a stove, a toaster and an electric cattle. it also had a complementary coffee and tea, which I thought was a very nice touch. the bathroom was modern (bath tub and sink), had a washing machine and a dryer. the bottom line - everything was modern and extremely comfortable.

the apartment was located on Bolshaya Morskaya, one of central streets, walking distance to Primorskiy Blvd, Grafskaya Wharf and other landmarks, as well as many restaurant and nightlife spots.

• Written February 11, 2008
Tip Photo

appartment I stayed in(from travel2sevastopol.com)

• henri123 profile photo henri123
  • Reviews: 270

TAMARA B&B: NICE OLD FISHERMAN HOUSE

ON MY ARRIVAL AT THE TRAIN STATION THE TENANT WAS THERE. hELPING ME TO RESERV MY NEXT TRAIN AND DROVE ME TO THE HOUSE.
IT WAS IN A VERY PLEASANT AND QUIET GARDEN, SITUATED AT THE END OF A BUS LINE; SO EVERY TIME I WOULD GO TO THE CITY OF SEBASTOLPOL I COULD ENJOY THE VIEW OF THE COAST, A BEACH AND ALL THE SOVIET STYLE HABITATIONS.
THE ROOM WAS QUITE COMFORTABLE, TOILET WAS OUTSIDE, PLENTY OF FLOWERS IN THE GARDEN.
BREAKFAST WAS GREAT AND HEALTHY.

UNIQUE SITUATION IN A FORMER FISHING VILLAGE JUST AT THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE CITY

• Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written July 2, 2007

• david4of5 profile photo david4of5
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Olymp: Central Location, lots of walking locations.

Stayed in a semi-suite, very good accommodations and the staff was very helpful, even to the cook cooking a special just for me.

Out side my window were 3 pups, and they were about 8 weeks old. Norwegian Elkhounds I think, and after the first week two were sold, the mother was so broken hearted, you could see she was a good dog.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel, Beaches
  • Written April 2, 2007
Tip Photo

bed room area of the suite.

• Ankram profile photo Ankram

Jelena / Kozak Travel: Best service and apartment in Sevastopol Ukraine

When we did go to Sevastopol to visit people we know, we booked an apartment at Kozak travel In the netherlands. They also have an office in Sevastopol and speak several languages. The help with the bookings and things in frond are not ecual anywhere with anyone we used before. We booked with 4 persons the apartment Jelena. The apartment was even better then the pictutres show at this site or their own. BUT what was very special for us, was the service of the staff and owners of Kozak! It is fantastic how they know how to treat people at a holiday! keep on going like this!! And special thanks for all of them.

Very large living with large television set, stereo. big kitchen with all you would need if you would cook your self! We didn't because in the restaurants the prices are for four people the same as for one in Holland! The most fun is that you do not have to wait to use the bathroom in the morning because there are TWO! one even has a jaccuzi. Airco and much more. in one word fantastic.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 28, 2006

main bedroom

• jeoren profile photo jeoren
  • Reviews: 315

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Balaclava: Hostel Balaclava

Hostel Balaclava is situated in Balaclava, about 12 km from Sevastopol. You can reach there by bus nr. 9, which departs from the stop called 5 km point. From this station you can take lots of busses to Sevastopol. The distance Sevastopol centre-hostel Balaclava will cost you half an hour and the price is about € 0,20.

It's the most cheap place to sleep in this area; only 5-7 euro per person per night.
The hostel is located in a former kindergarten. There are plenty of rooms. More information on www.hostelworld.com

Sometimes you will not have the possibility to take a shower because of lack of water. In this case you wiil receive a 5 liter can of cold water!

Also the beds are not very good; see the picture

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 12, 2005

Hostel Balaclava

travel 2 sevastopol: Europen owned and managed Apartments

you will be meet at the airport or train station and taken to the apartment , tours of Sevastopol can also be arranged for you

Europen owned and managed Apartments in the centre of Sevastopol From $25 per night, Apartments in Odessa from $45 per night night,tours and airport transferes are also avaliable, for more information please see www.travel2sevastopol.com

• Related to: Singles, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel
  • Written September 8, 2005

• Jasen71 profile photo Jasen71
  • Reviews: 324

Apartment 1 Historical Boulevard: Best Deal in Apartments in Sevastopol

Situated on Historical Boulevard , New Build to Eur Standard. Double Bed, Air Conditioning, TV ,Mini Kitchen complete with Microwave, Fridge, Kettle and Toaster . These apartments are run by ex-pat Brits who are friendly and helpful.

I was picked up from the train station at 06.00hrs, and taken to my apartment. The accomodation manager (Natasha) was at hand 24hrs a day in case of any problems. I was put in contact with an another ex-pat whom does battlefield tours (almost gratis). The accomodation was located near the Ukraine Hotel, and is located in the quiet park that leads up to the panerama. The service these people offer is the best and uncommon in the Ukraine.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Birdwatching
  • Written June 11, 2005

apartment sevastopol: Black Sea Apartments

Anyone considering coming to Sevastopol Ukraine please see the following website

• Written December 10, 2004