11 Primorskiy Boulevard Odessa Ukraine

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 60% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Compusician's Profile Photo

Good Service and Location

I loved it. This place was reasonably priced, and had everything available to me (except a television station that spoke English... but you can't fault them for that! ) . The business room allowed me access to the internet. The front desk people did speak English, and often were my helping point. Oh! Something stupid, but it was important to me at the time. I brought my ATM card, and when the machine asks you if you want dollars or Hryivnas (pronounced "Grivnas") choose the hryvnas! The machines don't hold USA currency (which made me wonder why it asked me.... oh, well). The currency exchange is in the hotel. It is a very big hotel, and it was like a maze to get to my room. I got the room safe. I don't think it was needed, but it worked just like a safe should work.

Unique Quality: The restaurant. Beautiful. I think these people understand that Americans want fast and convenience. It is rare to see this in Europe I guess. The food was spectacular. My waitress spoke no English, but we managed with the English menu. When getting the bottle water, ask for "Vis Gas". Now I know this sounds like "With Gas" but this is how you say "without Gas" You'll love Odessa and other parts of Ukraine. There is so much to learn that is different!

Directions: Right above the huge steps looking over the Black Sea. Near the Opera. Taxi's are dirt cheap in this town, often 2 to 10 dollars (depends on if they know you will pay more).

• Klod5's Profile Photo

The best of !

The Londonskaya Hotel early Renaissance style adds lovely elegance to the historical center of Odessa. The hotel was built in 1867. After its restoration in 1988, it became Odessa's finest hotel, popular among tourists and business travelers from all over the world for its convenient location.

The Londonskaya is an over priced Hotel that offers little in terms of comfort. A much better selection is the Hotel Black Sea. Londonskaya is just an overpriced, old cold hotel. The Hotel self is beautiful and is an old castle style but does not offer value for the price. The Hotel staff does speak English but is not very friendly.

Unique Quality: Rooms: 56
    Floors: 4

Single Room : $168
    Double Room : $201

An Excellent Hotel, probably the best in the city. Nice, clean rooms, friendly service, fine location. Spirit of old times inside.

Directions: Airport "Odessa" (ODS) is to 12 km/7.5 ml. of the hotel.

• hunterV's Profile Photo

Good Old Hotel

An American friend of mine once stayed at this hotel and I used to come to see him there.

Unique Quality: This old hotel has all modern comveniences and offers quite a lot to the visitors:
    single rooms (from $149),
    double from ($215);
    suites from ($280);
    all rooms are air-conditioned.
    Also, there's a restaurant in the backyard;
    you can admire wonderful chandeliers and marble columns in the entrance hall
    (this is what I did as soon as I entered that hotel);
    everywhere you can see the beautiful interior;
    the hotel was built in 1867,
    it is famous for its Renaissance facade
    located in Maritime (Primorsky) Boulevard
    not far from the famous Potyomkin Staircase.

Directions: Primorsky (Maritime) Boulevard

More about Londonskaya Hotel

The hotel...

by Vitalia

The hotel 'Londonskaya'

The hotel is located in the historical centre of the city and it is known as an architectural monument.
The hotel makes direct sale of sightseeing tours, theatre tickets, rent a car, taxi service and there is also a travel agency where you can book an air ticket.

In the restaurant you can enjoy various dishes of authentic Ukrainian and European cuisine.

Odessa Hotels

by bilgeez about Around City Centre

I did not stay in a hotel in Odessa, but they are very expensive!
The Londonskaya Hotel is across from Pushkin Park and adjacent to the Potemkim Stairs and is a five-star hotel. It looks very posh and I'm sure is very good.
The Odessa Hotel is on the quay at the sea terminal and also looks very modern and posh. The Mozart Hotel is adjacent to the Opera House and is just a few blocks from the Potemkin Stairs, it also looks very posh and is a little closer to the city centre. If one is to stay in Odessa for more than a few days and is on a budget, I would recommend that one rents an apartment. They cost less than one-third the hotels and have kitchen facilities. Many are located near the city centre and all sites mentioned by me. One can find several websites to obtain information on and reserve these accomodations. While the hotels seem very adequate, they are few and are very expensive.

Puskin Park Across from Londonskaya HotelPuskin Park Across from Londonskaya Hotel

Hotel near sea port passenger terminal

by pisecolake

We are taking a Viking small ship cruise next Sep starting in Odesa, Ukraine. We plan on arriving a few days early and are looking for a good hotel that is within 1-2 miles of the sea cruise terminal. Any suggestions? How about the Londonskaya Hotel? Thanks.

by taurean_traveller

LondonSkaya is very near to seaport,as is Chernoye More (Black Sea Hotel) walking distance maybe 15 mins

has all the Central hotels

by Pikine

Try http://odessa-hotel.com.ua/en/, it's right at the passanger terminal, but a 10-15 minutes walk away from the city center. Londonskaya is vice versa - in the city center, but 10 minutes from the terminal. Chernoye More is much farther - 25-30 minutes from the terminal. Generally hotels are overpriced in Odesa city center, you may want to try an apartment.

by dweber

If price is no object, I would suggest Odessa Hotel. If price is a concern, definitely get an apartment.

by Moisha2005

Londonskaya Hotel is very old hotel and has to be renovated. Location is good. Try Mozart or Odessa hotel.

by Liya_20

Actually, Londonskaya Hotel is not bad, but as I know -the most expensive in Odessa.... As for me... it is much better to pay attention for renta flat.. When i was travelling Odessa in 2008, I enjoyed rent flat service - it is the best correlation: price- quality . I had a big pleasure to have a deal with this agency -odessarentaflat.com - good prices, good location, a lot of extra services. For my point of view, it is much convenient variant.

by Liya_20

Actually, Londonskaya Hotel is not bad, but as I know -the most expensive in Odessa.... As for me... it is much better to pay attention for rent apartment. When i was travelling Odessa in 2008, I enjoyed rent flat service - it is the best correlation: price- quality . I had a big pleasure to have a deal with this agency : www.odessarentaflat.com - good prices, good location, a lot of extra services. For my point of view, it is much convenient variant.

by yes_ka

Hi, I live in Ukraine , and Odessa is most beautiful city in our country! I was in Odessa many times, and always I was rent an apartment in Odessa! Londonskaya Hotel is very-very classy, and expensive! Here www.odessarentaflat.com you can find good apartments near sea!

Comments