Londonskaya Hotel

Compusician's Profile Photo

Good Service and Location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 20, 2007

I loved it. This place was reasonably priced, and had everything available to me (except a television station that spoke English... but you can't fault them for that! ) . The business room allowed me access to the internet. The front desk people did speak English, and often were my helping point. Oh! Something stupid, but it was important to me at the time. I brought my ATM card, and when the machine asks you if you want dollars or Hryivnas (pronounced "Grivnas") choose the hryvnas! The machines don't hold USA currency (which made me wonder why it asked me.... oh, well). The currency exchange is in the hotel. It is a very big hotel, and it was like a maze to get to my room. I got the room safe. I don't think it was needed, but it worked just like a safe should work.

Unique Quality: The restaurant. Beautiful. I think these people understand that Americans want fast and convenience. It is rare to see this in Europe I guess. The food was spectacular. My waitress spoke no English, but we managed with the English menu. When getting the bottle water, ask for "Vis Gas". Now I know this sounds like "With Gas" but this is how you say "without Gas" You'll love Odessa and other parts of Ukraine. There is so much to learn that is different!

Directions: Right above the huge steps looking over the Black Sea. Near the Opera. Taxi's are dirt cheap in this town, often 2 to 10 dollars (depends on if they know you will pay more).

Klod5's Profile Photo

The best of !

by written on April 20, 2003

The Londonskaya Hotel early Renaissance style adds lovely elegance to the historical center of Odessa. The hotel was built in 1867. After its restoration in 1988, it became Odessa's finest hotel, popular among tourists and business travelers from all over the world for its convenient location.

The Londonskaya is an over priced Hotel that offers little in terms of comfort. A much better selection is the Hotel Black Sea. Londonskaya is just an overpriced, old cold hotel. The Hotel self is beautiful and is an old castle style but does not offer value for the price. The Hotel staff does speak English but is not very friendly.

Unique Quality: Rooms: 56
Floors: 4

Single Room : $168
Double Room : $201

An Excellent Hotel, probably the best in the city. Nice, clean rooms, friendly service, fine location. Spirit of old times inside.

Directions: Airport "Odessa" (ODS) is to 12 km/7.5 ml. of the hotel.

hunterV's Profile Photo

Good Old Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2002

An American friend of mine once stayed at this hotel and I used to come to see him there.

Unique Quality: This old hotel has all modern comveniences and offers quite a lot to the visitors:
single rooms (from $149),
double from ($215);
suites from ($280);
all rooms are air-conditioned.
Also, there's a restaurant in the backyard;
you can admire wonderful chandeliers and marble columns in the entrance hall
(this is what I did as soon as I entered that hotel);
everywhere you can see the beautiful interior;
the hotel was built in 1867,
it is famous for its Renaissance facade
located in Maritime (Primorsky) Boulevard
not far from the famous Potyomkin Staircase.

Directions: Primorsky (Maritime) Boulevard

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Odessa Travel Forum

Need advice about Odessa, Ukraine? Visit the Travel Forum for Odessa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Odessa hotel reviews

Black Sea Hotel (Chernoye More)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews