International Youth Wellness Hotel Ungvarskiy

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Uzhhorod

Railway station in UzhhorodRailway station in Uzhhorod

a pigion housea pigion house

Uzhgorod market Dec. 2007Uzhgorod market Dec. 2007

All made of wood - see the nice detailsAll made of wood - see the nice details

Travel from Uzhgorod to Budapest

by cnoneill6

Hello
I need to travel from Uzhgorod-Budapest. Are there frequent trains and buses? What are the prices and departure times? Thank you so much for your help.

Nick O'Neill

Re: Travel from Uzhgorod to Budapest

by bivizzz

Actually, there is a train number 15 operated by Ukrainian Railways, which has carriages to Budapest. However, it goes through Mukachevo and Chop, not through Uzhgorod directly. You can pick up that trait in Mucachevo, where it stops from 1.50 to 1.58 am or in Chop, where it stops from 3 to 5.40 am.
However, I would also suggest you to use the way described in previous post. The cross-border train (actually it is just one carriage) operates every 3 hours (if nothing changed during last year) and you should be on Chop train station half an hour before this to have a time to pass the border control. Than, just take any Zahony-Budapest train.

Travel Tips for Uzhhorod

A Trip Through Trascarpathia - Travel Guidebook

by om_212

A Trip Through Transcarpathia - a detailed 240-page guidebook covering Uzhgorod, Mukacheve, Berehove, Vynohradiv and other cities of the "Silver Land"; a good guide to Transcarpathian museums and national parks, unique architectural ensembles and monuments; local customs and traditions.

Contains maps and 500 colorful illustrations, both present-day and archive.
Online price: 60 Hr ($12)

you can order the book through the Baltia (publisher) online shop (will save about 50% of the retail price).

the company also has guidebooks on other cities including Kyiv (English, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian); Crimea (English, German, Russian); Lviv (English, German, Polish and Russian); Odesa (English, Russian)

Coffeeshop Medelin

by catnl

Voldoja and his family showed me Uzhgorod center and before we went to have some coffee at a special coffeeshop called Medelin.
Amazing how good the smell was when we entered this great shop.
We all ordered some small cup with espresso coffee which most people here like to drink als o when they are at home.
U can also buy special teas.
Certainly worthwhile a vist this shop!

Local Customs & Traditions

by catnl

I have seen 2 cemetries so far in Ukraine, 1 at Morszyn , and 1 at Uzhgorod.
On the picture the graveyard at Uzhgorod where a sister of a friend is burried. She was only 19 years old killed by a car accident.
On the url below u can find all kinda info about customs and traditions for weddings etc.
Whenever u wanna take flowers to a cemetry always take even numbers of flowers like 2-4-6 etc

The castle of Uzhgorod

Entrance :
for children is 0,50 grivna = 0,12 eurocent

For adults 3,00 grivna = 0,50 eurocent

(1 euro= about 6,30 grivna, it changes every day)

A guided tour is possible for a very small amount

On the Way Home

by hunterV

"Staying Overnight"

I had the pleasure of staying overnight at Uzhgorod hotel in 1996 when we, several engineers from a factory in Luhansk and me as an interpreter, were returning from our business trip to Germany by bus.
It was not easy to find the way to the hotel, so I had to speak "West-Ukrainian" to the passers-by to get there.
I somehow felt Russian was not very much desired there...
Thank God the rooms were all right. We set off to Luhansk the next morning...
I am sorry I did not even make any pictures of Uzhgorod.
Next time, then...
The picture shows us at 833-meters-high point at the pass in the Carpathians.

"Mountain Road"

We decided to take the mountain pass road after we left Uzhhorod for it was much safer than the big motorway.
We heard the buses coming from abroad were regularly stopped by the fellow country men who wanted them to "share" the "foreign tropheys"...
It was a great experience I must say!

"Tired But Happy"

We arrived to the hotel and went to bed for we were so tired after a long ride.
Here are some photoes for the time being:Pictures of Uzhgorod

Comments