Vishneva 16

16, Vishneva Str.,Transcarpathia, Uzhhorod, 89421, Ukraine

Good For No Data

More about Uzhhorod

Downtown UzhhorodDowntown Uzhhorod

a water milla water mill

Painting by my niece Larissa living in UzhgorodPainting by my niece Larissa living in Uzhgorod

Restaurant Harmonia Uzhgorod July 2003Restaurant Harmonia Uzhgorod July 2003

Telphon number of Eduard Hotel

Hi
can somebody help me to find a phone number of Eduard Hotel in Uzghorod?
Or to recommend for better choice of Hotel.

by leics

Can't help with other hotels but have found the Eduard website and phone number:

by GyuriFT

OK, I was a few times in Uzhgorod - but never slept there because it's way to close to my home.

However, this is a list of the hotels I found

You see the "blue" dots and "red" dots.
The blue ones: hotel/motel is there.
The red ones: same, but it's a recommended place.

Just position the cursor on the dot - and you will see the address (in Cyrillic, of course) - but also the phone.
Good test (for you) to call the places on SkyPe and see, who answers the phone and understands English.

(the last one is of the least importance for me, so with that one I don't know).

In the list form:

You can click on the left and some hotels have info in English.

As far as I experienced it is a buyer's market and the prices are very friendly.

Hope you are with car because the surroundings are really nice.

... and Uzhgorod (actually the "Gerény"/Goryani part of it) has a very old Hungarian Romanesque rotunda with medieval frescoes.
(I have to put it on my home page).

Not my pictures, I have much better just being lazy:

by GyuriFT

Just noticed from your profile you were born there and fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
LOL - than ignore what I wrote regarding English.

Better idea: use www.translit.ru (if you are not familiar with it), this is one of the best transliterator. It will produce you everything in Russian you want. In the fact, now I am used to it that good that I can type into translit.ru faster than I can hand-write. Than google on it or use yandex.ru.

You will see a great load of hotels coming up - and if you are with a car, than it's even better.

Just be careful with the DAI, they can be nasty if you make a mistake and the fines increased recently.
Speeding is now 580 UAH at minimum, but you can of course negotiate it down.

Hi
Many thanks for your help!!!!

Travel Tips for Uzhhorod

Visit in Uzhhorod

by shmulikl2

Thanks, that were very helpful, in fact, I was born in Uzhhorod, left the city and Ukraine 37 years ago, about age 14. I speak flowing Ukrainian and Russian and good at reading in both languages. I would have no problem with language. I'm looking for updated information for car renting or local transportation, and the best way to get from Europe to Uzhhorod.
Thank you and all those people who are helping!!!

Lemkos, an ethnic group of the Eastern Carpathians

by om_212

Lemkos is an ethnic Ukrainian group (along with Boykos, Hutsyls, etc.), which traditionally occupied the territory of the Lower Beskid range of the Carpathian Mountains.

The name "Lemko" derives from the common expression 'Lem', which can mean "but", "only", or "like" in the Lemko dialect, which is used that often that I can call my people - "people with a lot of buts" (please do not confuse 'but' with a butt ;) Lemkos have its language, a dialect of the Rusyn language, its distinctive culture and arts (Shelestovo church is just one tiny example, while Andy Warhol remains the most famous person of a Lemko origin), and its religion (Greek Catholics).

Lemkivschyna, once a solid territoryundre the Austro-Hungarian Empire, lost its integrity in 1918. people, who once belonged to one group, are currently split between three countries – Ukraine, Poland and Slovakia. more info on Lemkos is available at wikipedia

Cars and locals

by catnl

People who have a car are mostly very old since people dont have work or very little money they cant afford good cars.
My friend Andriy has his own workshop were he can repare the tires of the locals.
He can keep his family just a life with this work.
The roads in Uzhgorod are in a terrible state..most roads have big holes in it so drive carefully!

Sim vouchers

by catnl

There are SIM-SIM vouchers, which u can buy in most shops with a SIM sign in the window.

With this vouchers you can recharge your account with 60, 120 or 240 grivna's.
(5 grivna is about 1$ 5,5 is about 1 euro)

more info:

people were'nt that big at the time, low sealings

by catnl

The sealings aren't very high in this historical homes. Some had an amazing blue color, they told me they made this blue paint with natural plants, i think it was this blueberry they used..

legendes from Carpathia