Church Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4DP, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Cresta court hotel

Be aware these people have no heart and are crooks on the 28th of august 2012 we walked into the cresta court and paid for a room transfers and parking for 17 days, but as we walked into the door of the room we had a call that crushed us our dream holiday to the states was cancelled due to the Hurricane Issac. we simply walked straight out back to the desk and told the young girl wife still in tears. she said not to worry she would speak to the manager and sort the refund. we left for a long drive home with no dream holiday. the next day our holiday company the brilliant archers direct refunded our holiday money in full however we recived an email from the gready Cresta court cashing in on misery sorry but no refund, how can they say no refund when we did not use the transfers the 17 days of parking and neve evan sat down in the room. be aware they have no heart all is sweet if you want a cheap and nasty hotel for the night with parking but if anything goes wrong they will take full advantage and keep your money. i complained to best western they simply backed out with oh its upto the manager.

More about Best Western Cresta Court Hotel

A Trouble Free Stay with Holiday Parking

by TripAdvisor Member Loobybee

We recently spent one night at the Cresta Court Hotel before leaving early the next morning to catch a flight from Manchester Airport. We had previously stayed there three years ago whilst they were in the process of refurbishment and so we expected to see some improvements on this visit. We were correct, and this time our room was pleasantly decorated to an ‘adequate to good’ standard. We had booked a triple room, for myself, my husband and our eleven year old daughter. The room, which included a double bed and an actual 3’ single bed, was clean and comfortable. It appeared to cater for disabled guests so the room was quite spacious. There was a large, well-equipped bathroom. There were plenty of towels and complimentary face cloths could be fetched from reception. One negative point was that there was no air conditioning and as it was a warm day, we had the windows open. Our room was on the front so we occasionally heard sirens and noisy traffic, but nothing to really bother us. There were drink making facilities, and the beds were comfortable. We all slept well until our alarm had to wake us.

We had an evening meal in the bar. It was busy but there were a number of free tables. The food was good, and even our daughter ate up all her meal! I’m unable to find the receipt for the meal but drinks cost as follows: Pint of Stella - £3.10, J20 - £1.80, Small Mineral Water - £1.40. We were not able to have breakfast as we had to leave at 5am. The reception and bar staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

We had booked the Parking Deal and were pleased we were able to leave the car in the hotel’s car park for the duration of our ten night holiday. We had arrived at about 3pm on the Wednesday afternoon and easily found a parking space. There appeared to be plenty of cameras, and returned from our holiday to find there had been no problems. We had a minibus take us to the airport and this took about ten minutes. The driver apologised for not being able to get us close to the terminal and had to let us out in the centre of a car park. However, we realised this was out of his hands and was due to the airport’s increased security, as everyone was having to leave transport at this point. On our return from our holiday late at night, we phoned the hotel to let them know we had collected our luggage and they immediately sent us a complimentary taxi to return us to the hotel car park to pick up our car. We were surprised how easy and without problems it all had been.

We had originally been disappointed that we had not been able to book in at the Radisson at the airport but the Cresta Court Hotel most certainly did not let us down, especially as we had only booked it through our local travel agency the day before staying there, after cancelling our booking at the Britannia Country House Hotel. In total, for the three of us to have one night’s stay and 15 days parking, it cost £178.50. We would definitely consider staying at the Cresta Court again for an airport stopover, however, after reading other reviews, next time we will book direct and save money.

Average Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Simon70

Stayed at this hotel as part of an airport parking and hotel package, with two children and pregnant wife.

We had a family room which was at the far end of the hotel, but it was okay. The decor was a bit dated and could do with sprucing up, but it was functional and clean.

Staff were fairly friendly, though we didn't have much contact. The receptionist was very good about directions to the secure car park.

There was a wedding reception going on when we arrived and the hotel was fairly noisy.

The car parking at the hotel was a bit tight and we had difficulty in parking - not good with loads of suitcases, two children and a pregnant lady, but this could have been due to the above function.

Would I stay here again? Yes I would for the same purpose and, perhaps, on business. For leisure, I would probably go elsewhere.

OK for a night, but nothing more

by TripAdvisor Member Twoprofs

We needed a one-night stay before our flight back to the states and chose the Cresta Court because of its location, price, and better reviews than most other area hotels.

The lobby is nice enough; check in was efficient; the desk clerk was helpful and friendly. Good first impressions.

The room was cramped and plain with barely any closet space. Although large windows were letting in lots of heat, only one window opened, it with a push-out arrangement which restricted the flow of the breeze (though they did bring us a fan when we requested one). OK for a short, one night stand, but certainly nothing special and not a place I would want to spend several nights.

The bathroom was tacky with tiles missing. Cleanliness wasn't the best. Large, mismatched towels were the best part of the bathroom.

If, like us, you need an inexpensive bed for a short night before a flight, the Cresta is inexpensive and conveniently located. Otherwise, you can do better I am sure.

Big fish in a small pond.

by TripAdvisor Member rosssully

I was attending a week-long training course in Altrincham and my employer had booked me into the Cresta Court for the duration. It is the largest hotel in the town and I suspect has something of a monopoly as a result. Like many creatures that enjoy an unrivaled existence, the Cresta Court doesn't have to try very hard.
In contrast to the majority of the architecture in the town, the hotel is a large grey block set in the middle of a permanently full car park. It appears to be maintained satisfactorily both externally and internally but I imagine that every expense is spared, which probably makes it a very profitable business but does not deliver a memorable customer experience.
The staff throughout were polite and catered for my requirements efficiently but not enthusiastically.
My room was very small, with just enough room for a double bed, two bedside tables a small desk and a chair, that every day got moved by housekeeping so that it blocked the only clear walkway around the bed! An open wardrobe sat against one wall, opposite a tiny but clean and functional bathroom. On my arrival the room was very hot and the window did not open more than a couple of inches. Luckily the hot weather didn't last long (does it ever in this country?) and for most of my stay the room was a bearable temperature although it never completely succeeded in losing it's stuffy atmosphere.
I arrived at the hotel quite late on the first evening of my stay (as usual) and did not feel like eating a full meal but was hungry enough to order some sandwiches to my room. In the menu they sounded delicious, when they arrived they were very disappointing. I decided to eat out in the town the following evening and found that Altrincham has plenty of good places to eat, such that I did not need to call upon the services of the hotel kitchen again, so far as dinner was concerned.
Each morning I ate breakfast in the hotel's temporary restaurant (as there was a little refurbishment going on during my stay) and found the food and service to be very average.
Finally I think it is worth mentioning that a no smoking policy has been applied to the entire hotel, including all the guest bedrooms. A fact that doesn't appear to be advertised during booking and whereas it didn't affect me, I did see quite a large number of unhappy looking smokers almost permanently huddled together under a couple of small umbrellas at the front of the hotel during my stay.
I think on the whole the Cresta Court is the sort of place I would probably only stay at again if I absolutely had to. If I ever need to return to Altrincham for another training course, I think I'd rather travel into the town each day, from a hotel that has to try a bit harder, somewhere nearby.

Good, clean hotel with pleasant staff

by TripAdvisor Member UkScottishlass

Myself & my husband stayed at the Cresta Court for one night in August of 2007 as part of a deal to include airport parking before we headed off on honeymoon to the Dominican Republic, flying out from Manchester Airport.
We drove from Stirling in Scotland to Altrincham where the hotel is located, no problems finding it ( this may have been thanks to the Sat Nav right enough!! ). We arrived around 10pm at night and did have some problems finding a parking space. For the size of the hotel, I feel it should have a larger car park. Anyway, after circling the hotel a couple of times, we managed to find a space, so no major worries, just an observation and some advice for hotel management.
The staff on reception were very friendly, and we got our room key no probs. We were on the 2nd floor so took the lift up and found the room easy-peasy. The room itself was quite compact but it did the job for a one night stay. The room was quite modern in decoration and included the usual tea/coffee making facilities, colour television, hair dryer, iron and desk-top fan. The bathroom was, again, quite compact but sufficient with a bath/shower. Large towels were included and also the usual complimentary shampoo, bath gel & shower cap.
We did not dine in the hotel, as we headed out to one of the local chip-shops ( which I would highly recommend - about a 2 minute walk to the left of the hotel ) but we did head down to the bar for a drink or 2 before heading to the room. The bartender was very friendly and took interest in chatting to us about our recent wedding and our impending honeymoon. He made us feel very welcome, which I appreciate.
The bed was comfortable enough, and plenty of big, plump pillows, contributing to a good nights sleep.
Breakfast the next morning was decent - the usual hotel breakfast fare, cereals, toast, croissants, fruit juices etc, and a buffet style cooked breakfast. No complaints at all. Our package was only for the room and parking and did not include breakfast. Although a waitress did make a note of our room number, at check out we were not charged for breakfast, which was a bonus !!
Check out was no problem at all, swift and easy. For our one-night stay including 15 days parking at the local Airparks site, we were £82.50, which I think is extremely reasonable.
I would stay here again, and would also recommend this hotel to anyone looking for reasonably priced, simple & clean accommodation.

Noisiest Hotel in the planet

by TripAdvisor Member arlyScotland

I stayed in this hotel in July with my family so that we could catch an early morning flight from Manchester airport - the purpose of our stay was to enable us to get a good nights sleep before commencing our holiday - FAT CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING- the hotel was hosting two weddings and our beds may as well have been situated on the dancefloor as it was so noisy - we heard every word. To make matters worse I had just got the children off to sleep when revellers from the wedding set the fire alarm off and we had to evacuate the hotel, but we tried to exit the nearest fire escape to find the door locked - my two children were petrified as we had to climb stairs to look for another route - Iasked a member of staff how to get out and he recommended we take the lift !!!!!!! Common sense told me not to heed this advice and we found another stairwell which had an unlocked door - we spent the next 90mins standing in the forecourt with a load of drunks(very family orientated - NOT).
On return from holiday I expressed my concerns to the hotel manager and he didnt want to know - needless to stay my families wellbeing and safety comes first so I wont be staying here again

Poor Quality, overpriced.

by TripAdvisor Member MonsiUk

The hotel looks good in the communal areas, but the rooms lack this same standard. Rooms are very small for the price, and bathrooms of poor quality.

During our stay this was capped with a comedy of errors, e.g room keys not working, some room keys opening more than one room, printers not working so could not get a copy of the bill, not to mention the painfully slow lift.

Breakfast was decidely average at best, again not worth the price. Dinner in the restuarant slightly better, but not great. (although plenty of good resturants in Altringcham so not a big issue)

On the positive though, the bed was comfy.

I agree with previous reviews, this is the biggest hotel in the area, and does not have to try hard to get business. It shows.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KSW1

My wife and I stayed at he hotel on chrsitmas eve before flying out early morning we booked with holidayextras and got the parking included in the price with nearby airparks . The hotel was easy to find. When we got there it looked well maintained from the outside and it was the same inside in the comunal areas. Our room was basic but on the possitive very clean there was alot of tv channel and a large screen tv,iron coffee,tea loads of towels and was a very relaxing stay with frendly staff. Also the hotel is located very close to the town so there are loads of nice bars and resturants nearby

Hmmmm. OK for a one nighter

by TripAdvisor Member richiehayes2000

Stayed a one nighter in this hotel on business. OK for a pit stop, but glad it wasn't longer.

Parking excellent and staff more than helpful. Bar AOK and staff service good. Cash point, tea, coffee and all the basics you'd expect.

To be mindful of :

Rooms very small and cramped - pay for the upgrade
Bar staff close the bar when they feel like it !

All in all a pleasant stay - well rested all in all. Would recommend.

okish

by TripAdvisor Member gkel18

We stayed for 2 nights in the Cresta Court as we travelled from Ireland for my sisters 40th, she lives in Altrincham. I contacted the hotel directly to make the bookings.
When we arrived and checked in all was well. We went to the lift and the lift was broken so we had to drag our bags up two flights of stairs. When we got to our rooms they were really small, not what I was expecting for a Best Western Hotel, not like the one we have here in Kilkenny.....
My brother complained and he was lucky enough to get a upgrade at a charge....We did'nt stay around in the hotel that much as the rooms were'nt exactly inviting.. Staff on a whole were nice and breakfast was good. We did stay in the hotel the last night and the bar did close really early for a Saturday night..
When we went to check out we were charged for breakfast. When I questioned this as there was 8 of us at two nights the receptionist said that we had booked through a different agency which I clearly did'nt as I spoke to the hotel at least three times. The funny think is they have a breakfast menu on tables with no prices. We were never asked to sign a receipt to say we charged anything to our rooms.The receptionist just was not bothered and got the manager on duty to speak to us. Manager... I was called a lier and was told that I did'nt book directly with the hotel. I could go on to tell you what the attitude of the two staff were like but I just would'nt bore you.
My advice go to a different hotel and enjoy your stay.

Comments