Annalong Hotels

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3677

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GLASSDRUMMOND LODGE: SOMETHING SPECIAL

Glassdrumman Lodge is a special place to stay right at the foot of the Mourne Mountains. It is an old manor house that is run to perfection by Graeme and Joan Hall (mother and son) and a few friendly dogs who roam the grounds. When I first pulled up into the grounds I kept thinking ‘wow’. This kept happening. I walked into one of the main rooms and there was a real wood fire burning. They actually have one every night on chilly evening. Everything looked inviting and friendly. Graeme was a perfect host and explained everything. My room, like all the rooms, was named after one of the local mountain peaks – Ben Crom. My bed was good, my window looked out over the mountains and my bathroom was very good. Especially my nice hot bath later.

Dinner is a real treat. They even run a Cooking School here. I had a fresh scallops starter and then a massive steak. All locally sourced of course. I only had a half a bottle of superb red wine as I had work the next day. This went very nicely with locally sourced chees and biscuits. Just absolutely fantastic food and ambiance in the dining room.

I had a great night’s sleep and left on my work travels. I came back a week later and stayed a few more nights. And the rest of my bottle of wine was waiting for me! And a few Irish Whiskeys as well by the fire. They also offer Wi-Fi throughout the lodge and I even worked a full day in the main reception room one day in a nice comfy sofa.

The dining room and its superb menu is open to Non Residents for Dinner at 19:00 - 20:00 by Reservation only.

• Quiet, beautiful, classy
• Award-winning restaurant and cooking classes
• Free Wi-Fi
• Pet Friendly accommodation
• Business services
• Complimentary newspapers in lobby
• Currency exchange, dry cleaning, laundry service
• Library, bar with real fireplace, Luggage storage