Bainbridge, North Yorkshire Dales, Bainbridge, DL8 3EE, United Kingdom

More about Yorebridge House

well done

by TripAdvisor Member 2409NELLIE

This is a beautiful hotel and we had a very enjoyable 2 night stay here. We had the Bainbridge room and I desperatly want to transfer the bathroom to my home. IT IS FAB.
We had dinner there one evening (not in the bathroom )!!!! which was excellent and also breakfast was superb, their muesli was the best ever.
The staff appeared to be all on the young side but nothing was too much trouble and the service was tip-top.
As with most of my reviews I like to comment on the bed and for me it was far too firm. It was a large bed and the bedding was great but I had to get up twice due to a bad back. That is my opinion-my partner was fine with it. I usually ask about the firmness but I forgot to do so therefore it was my error.
One small thing-it would be nice if there was a close up mirror in the rooms (for makeup). I found all the mirrors a bit too far away to do a good job.
Would I go again-I certainly would.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member HollyGreatDunmow

We have just returned from a 4-night break here with our 2 young boys aged 3 and 11 months. The location is great - right in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, in the rolling hills, by a river and within walking distance of the lovely village of Bainbridge.

The decor is fantastic - boutique in style, really tasteful, luxurious and opulent. We stayed in the Mougins room - white and French and big. All the bathrooms are brand new (hotel only been open for 7 months).

Restaurant also great and food amazing and great value. A real plus for us was the Early Bird dining option which meant we could all eat together at 6pm - a rarity to be able to enjoy good food AND feel relaxed with 2 young children. Breakfast buffet was one of the best we've had - fresh fruit, smoked salmon, home made croissants, wensleydale cheese etc - all this before the cooked part!

Service was good too - loads of flexibility for the children and friendly and attentive without being overbearing.

Will definitely return - if you want luxury and good food in beautiful surroundings then go!!

Hospitality was above and beyond

by TripAdvisor Member gcarden

I recently attended a friend's wedding at Yorebridge House and thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

The building itself is beautifully maintained and the location extremely picturesque. The wedding day ran smoothly from start to finish; the Yorebridge staff were very pleasant and attentive, making sure that everyone was well looked after. In addition the catering was first class, providing a selection of tasty dishes for the wedding party.

On top of the fantastic day though it was the hospitality of the owners, David and Charlotte, that stood out for me. The reason for this being that they managed to find impromtu accomodation for me at the end of the wedding day when the place that I had originally arranged to stay at fell through at the last minute.

I would highly recommend Yorebridge House as somewhere were you will get a very warm welcome and be well looked after.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lmac16

We stayed here for a one night stay the day following our Wedding. From arrival to check out we cannot complain about anything.

Check in was very quick and efficient which was appreciated after the drive. Room (Nishiki) was fabulous. Bathroom was to die for and private terrace with hot tub was just perfect. Room was spotlessly clean and bed was extremely welcoming and comfortable.

Dinner at the hotel was delicious, service was second to none and all staff were polite and attentive without being over the top. We very much appreciated the owner, David taking time to come over and chat with us, especially as he was working that night and the hotel was rather busy.

The highlight of our stay was returning to our room after dinner to find our bed sprinkled with rose petals and the terrace lit up with candles-fantastic. A complimentary glass of champagne was also delivered to us in our room-now this is service.

Excellent stay, we can't wait to return. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone-I am certain you will love it.

Worth every penny

by TripAdvisor Member OrnaGeles

If you are in the area don't miss staying in this hotel. We were driving looking for a B&B and saw this wonderful place. Although more expensive than B&B we couldn't resist staying there after seeing the room. It was the highlight stay during our 2 weeks trip. The room was huge with 2 showers and a bath. Room decoration is tasteful. The view from our window was beatiful. Gormet dinner at the hotel's restaurant and rich breakfast. Very pleasant welcome and treatment by the 2 owners and the staff. It was worth every penny. Much above our expectations. Highly recommended.

Yorebridge - An amazing, warm and friendly place have our wedding in Yorkshire.

by TripAdvisor Member Anna_and_Mark

Yorebridge House Hotel sits by the river in the idyllic village of Bainbridge in the Yorkshire dale of Wensleydale. It is beautiful. The building is listed and has been renovated to the highest possible standard over several years with amazing attention to detail. This boutique hotel has large open rooms which are decorated with exquisite style (one of the owners used to be an interior designer). The detail and time spent in renovating is obvious. Each room has an classic style ceramic bath in it and you'll need to look at the web site to appreciate what I mean. Bang and Olufsen TV in each room too.

The setting is awe inspiring and the hotel is clean, fresh, stylish, contemporary and peaceful. It is placed with large grounds and has splendid views of the valley. There is a friendly and warm atmosphere around the hotel provided by the owners Dave and Charlotte and their staff. The staff are polite, helpful and welcoming. Everyone at Yorebridge provided a personal service and could not do enough for us or our guests but were never intrusive.

We chose Yorebridge for our wedding in August 2008 and have no hesitation in recommending this as a very special place to get married. Dave and Charlotte were very understanding and listened to our ideas and did everything possible to accommodate us. From day one they worked with us to make sure the wedding would be perfect and seemless and we never once felt that we were "just another wedding couple". There was a genuine feeling that the owners are very proud of their hotel and the service they provide. And rightly so.

When we asked, the hotel was able to recommend a florist, beauty therapist, marquee company etc. None were expensive or over priced and there was no pressure to use them. (we can recommend the florist, Alison, who we used and was very helpful, listened to our ideas and gave excellent advice when needed). They even organized much of the transport to and from the hotel for guests staying close by (there is plenty of excellent accommodation if there are lots of guests). Every aspect of planning our wedding day was made possible by the team at Yorebridge.

The food deserves a special mention. Firstly, there is no set menu for weddings. We were surprised when given a menu from which our guests could choose what they wanted. We were able to spend an afternoon sampling food and put together a menu with the help of Yorebridges' resident chef. I have eaten at many top restaurants and his food is easily equivocal if not better. Whilst planning the wedding five of our guests visited the Yorebridge restaurant in cognito. They had nothing but praise for the food and service too. The wine list has to be experienced to be appreciated.

The Wedding Day - Perfect. Everything was organised and conducted with the up-most professionalism. It all went to plan and ran like clockwork over the entire weekend. The hard work by the staff and owners was obvious and our guests had nothing but praise. The food was awesome and cooked to perfection. We opted for a Finnish marquee and the food was served hot and speedily within it. Top marks to the chef and his team.

We can't explain how pleased we were with Yorebridge for our wedding day. They showed great care and sympathy in helping us achieve the wedding we wanted. Our guests were very impressed too and some have already planned a return for a weekend away. It is rare that you meet such a couple as Dave and Charlotte. They are passionate about their hotel and this is obvious by the attention to detail within it, the top quality staff they employ, the high quality of food they serve and the personal, warm and friendly service they and their staff provide.

Highly recommended as a wedding venue (or just a get away to the Yorkshire dales) and really don't have any problems to report. I can't find enough good things to say about this hotel. They made our wedding day truly memorable and perfect in every way.

(We have no personal or business affiliation with Yorebridge and write this review with honesty and sincerity after having such an amazing wedding day.) Thank you all at Yorebridge 8->

What a place for a birthday celebration!

by TripAdvisor Member yorkie426

I wanted a special place for my 60th birthday celebration - how lucky I was (after much research and a personal visit) to find Yorebridge House. We stayed there last Saturday with our 2 sons and their partners. We were then joined for Sunday lunch by a group of friends to swell our numbers to 18.
This place is pretty faultless, fantastic bedrooms, beautiful location and excellent food and good staff. All our party, including the Sunday diners were totally impressed.
The restaurant/bar manager, Matt deserves a special mention - this guy is really on the money , he is attentive without being intrusive and he really made our stay extra special. How lucky the Yorebridge are to have him.
Hope it will not be too long before my wife and I return - the kids and the our friends will have to pay for themselves next time, assuming it's not my birthday of course!

Well done - a gem

by TripAdvisor Member Incredaboy

The owners Dave and Charlotte (I didn't meet her) have done a cracking job on this School masters house and school. Decoration is tasteful and very "a la mode" contemporary. The Bainbridge room was very confortable (Sadly I could only stay for one night, though I hope to bring my wife along to see it and stay for longer). They have done 8 rooms and are now working on the school house alongside for another 4. They seem to be working very hard because when I went to bed at midnight Dave asked me if I wanted an alarm call........it was he who rang me with it at 7am the next morning.

Food was delicious, really delicious, breakfast too (with about 7 6 or 7 options). Though if I'd had more time I would have taken issue with the chef's "Stargazy pie" (an excellent fish pie) since according to my old copy of Mrs. Beeton's cookbook it is made with herrings only. As you can see, I am having to dredge deep to come up with any criticism. I am sure they will do well, despite the impending recession.

fantastic place

by TripAdvisor Member c0rkscrew

We stayed here for 3 nights on a snowy November weekend. Excellent hotel, great decor, cosy feel, fab views. Our room was warm and comfortable with huge luxury bathroom (complete with Molton Brown toiletries which were regularly replenished.) Great TV with an extensive DVD library to borrow from. The private hot tub was fantastic in the snow. Excellent breakfasts, friendly staff, extensive wine list and great dinner menus. It is expensive to stay here but worth it for a treat.

A perfect wedding

by TripAdvisor Member hannahkirkman

We got married at Yorebridge House on the 8th November 2008 and wanted to share our amazing experience.

From the moment we decided to get married there, Dave and Charlotte who own the hotel were really welcoming and helpful. They invited us to the hotel for lunch to sample the food and showed us round the beautiful rooms and the hotel, which is absolutely stunning. They are both really enthusiastic about the hotel and this comes through in the attention to detail and the quality of the staff, food and service. Charlotte then kept in close touch with me to help arrange everything exactly as we wanted it to be. It very much felt like it was our day.

They have 10 rooms and we had 65 guests so they helped to arrange additional accommodation (which was very close to the hotel and to a very high standard) and travel to and from the hotel for all of our guests.

Dave also organised clay pigeon shooting for some of the guests on the morning of the wedding, which was enjoyed by everyone.

Charlotte (who is an interior designer) helped to dress the rooms and arrange all the decorations and tables for us and advise us on what would look good on the day and how the ceremony would take place. It was really nerve wracking (it being our wedding day) and she really helped us to relax and made it run smoothly.

The ceremony took place in the restaurant, which was a lovely room to get married in with large windows overlooking the dales. They then served drinks and canapés in the bar whilst they reorganised the room for dinner, they turned it all around very quickly and with no apparent effort at all. As we had booked all of the bedrooms we had free run of the hotel for the whole event and it felt as if we got married in a large country house. The children at the wedding could run around freely which meant that the parents could have a good time too. The atmosphere was very relaxed and easy going.

All of our guests got to choose their meal, which is unusual when catering for a large number of guests and the food, was all of an excellent standard and the service was great and really friendly.

We also had fireworks which Dave the owner set off for us!

We then had dancing and drinks until late and stayed until we were ready to go home. The brilliant hotel manager even took the last guests home at around 4am and was back for the breakfast service at 7.30 - above and beyond the call of duty!

Everything was perfect. I can't recommend this hotel and the staff highly enough and all of our guests have commented on the wedding and the hotel and most will be staying there again... The price was also really reasonable for what was a really special experience and we wouldn't have found this level of service and warm welcome elsewhere. The rooms are all individually decorated and some have hot tubs and all have very large and unique bathrooms and the hotel is situated in amazing countryside in Wensleydale.

A superb day and we will be going back to the hotel for our anniversary this year.

Hannah and Mick Kirkman