Great Victoria Hotel
Bridge Street, (formerly Victoria Hotel), Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1JX, United Kingdom
Check Rates and Availability
- Very Good
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 121
Very nice indeed.
A lovely hotel in a central location, this is a Victorian building decorated in a minimalist fashion. Public areas have leather sofas and dark brown carpets. The walls everywhere are white. Our room, which was a mid price one on the 2nd floor, had a living room, bedroom and two bathrooms. It looked stunning. The bed was so comfy and had egyptian cotton sheets to die for. We found the staff to be friendly if a little disorganised - the impression was that everything held together by a thin invisible thread. However there were niggles over housekeeping; Cushions were not put back on the bed; toiletries were not renewed and tea bags not replenished - over 3 nights we were only left with herbals teas and had to phone reception for ordinary. No great problem, but it shouldn`t happen. The food was mostly very good. On Sundays you get two 3 course meals for the price of one and the same price plan runs weekdays 5pm-7pm and this is a very good deal indeed. The wine list was reasonably priced. At the weekend we found breakfast to be a buffet, but during the week it was waitress service.
- Reviews: 11
Designer-style and a decent restaurant
Before I lived in Bradford, I stayed at the Great Victoria Hotel overnight for a conference. It had been refurbished and has a good, sleek designer-style about it without being too "cool". Now I live in the city, and I know the place a bit better, it is where I recommend to anyone who comes to visit.
If you come to Bradford as a tourist, and you fancy a designer-style hotel in an old building, it is definitely where you will want to stay, as the other hotels are either bland and corporate, or more old-fashioned inside.
It isn't the cheapest place to stay, but the rates are about the same as the other major chain hotels in the city, and the Victoria is nicer. I would advise that you shop around the websites for a good rate at this hotel. I got a much better rate (almost half price) from LateRooms than was publicized on the Bradford tourism website.
Unique Quality: The hotel has a nice reception area and bar (although the wine prices by the glass can be a bit steep). The local daily newspaper offices are just opposite the hotel, and the editor's team occasionally drops in for a drink if it's been a tough day!
The real plus is the restaurant. Quite a few local people use it, as the food is good and well-priced. The restaurant scene in Bradford is dominated by curry houses - which is great - but the Victoria is good for a change.
Another good thing if you come to Bradford by car (which I would recommend, so that you can get out into the countryside) is that there is quite a bit of parking next to the hotel - quite a bonus considering you are right in the city centre.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Ascott Makati
- Hobart Macquarie Motor Inn
- Coral Bay Beach & Dive Resort
- Westgate Inn Hotel
- Meadowmere Resort
- Britannia Bosworth Hall Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville East
- Amaraigua Hotel
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa Bolton
- Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
- Paradise Island Resort
- Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany
- Motel 6 Louisville Airport
- The North Woods Inn
- Great Victoria Hotel: Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Great Victoria Hotel: Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Similar to Great Victoria Hotel
Near Great Victoria Hotel
Step Up from Great Victoria Hotel
Cheapest in Bradford
Great Hotels for Less
- Great Victoria Hotel: Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- ORBITZ.com Get our lowest price or get 110% back, automatically!
- Great Victoria Hotel: Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Latest Bradford hotel reviews
- Dubrovnik Hotel
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Great Victoria Hotel: Discount Hotel Rooms
- Priceline.com Book now.
- Great Victoria Hotel: Save on Hotel + Flight Packages
- Expedia Vacations Book with Best Price Guarantee. Click or call now: 1 - 800-713-8214
- Great Victoria Hotel: Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Great Victoria Hotel: Book Now - Pay Later!
- Venere.com Best Prices & No Cancellation Fees! Hotels, Apartments, B&Bs and More!
Great Victoria Hotel
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Great Victoria Hotel Bradford
- Quality Inn Bradford
- Great Victoria Bradford
Address: Bridge Street, (formerly Victoria Hotel), Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1JX, United Kingdom