Thorngarth Country Guest House

New Road, LA6 3HN, United Kingdom

More about Thorngarth Country Guest House

Unsurpassed quality, location and value for money.

by TripAdvisor Member BykerBoy64

A great welcome was given by our hosts Dave and Sally who quickly made
us feel at home. The room was very comfortable and obviously well looked after. Every meal was excellently prepared and presented using first class ingredients. Ingleton itself is well situated allowing easy travel to The Lakes, Yorkshire Dales, Cumbria and North Lancashire, Dave is willing to give advice about worthwhile places to visit. All in all a place which is well worth a visit.

A real gem!

by TripAdvisor Member reb29

I stayed at Thorngarth recently for a long weekend and had a lovely time. The house is in a great location, a short walk from Ingleton itself and with beautiful far-reaching views all around. The house itself is spotless, the lounge and dining area are comfortable and my room was lovely. However, the best thing about the place, and what makes it stand out, is the hosts. Sally and David are so welcoming. I stayed as a solo traveller so to me this made all the difference. They take an interest in all the guests and are very helpful and very friendly. I've stayed in some guest houses were I've felt a bit awkward as a lone traveller but not here. I was made to feel like one of the family. They've created a really nice, relaxed atmosphere at Thorngarth. I'll definitely go back and would recommend it to anyone.

Yorkshire Dales Delight

by TripAdvisor Member brushstrokes

Stayed at the Thorngarth Guest House to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge Walk. Dave and Sally were the perfect hosts and couldn't have done more for us. As we left for the walk early morning Sally put us a packed lunch up in a cool box which did us proud. Thanks very much.
Sunday morning provided us with a lovely breakfast. We would recommend this accommodation to anyone nothing was too much trouble for Dave and Sally.
Highly recommended .
John Lunn & family

A refreshing break

by TripAdvisor Member WestYorkshireLinda

I organised this break as a surprise for my husband for our tenth wedding anniversary. The stay was wonderful. Sally and Dave are very friendly and welcoming although Dave is a tad cheeky!! Hee hee! The room was comfortable and clean. The food was lovely. The view from our window was very pleasant. We've already booked another weekend stay in August with my brother and his wife. I have also recommended it to my other friends.

Cracking guest house - highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member TigersTraveller

I second all of the great reviews on this site.

Spotless, comfortable and very welcoming. Thorngarth manages to be both modern and charming.

Some great banter from Dave too. Watch out for his handshake though - as steely a grip as you'll find anywhere in Yorkshire!

The high level of service is exemplified by his kind offer to drive us to Horton at 6am on Saturday morning, if we couldn't find a cab. Definitely beyond the call of duty!

An excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member mikeevelyn

If you are looking for a place to stay in Ingleton we would recommend the Thorngarth Country Guest House.
Dave & Sally are very friendly & accommodating with a wealth of knowledge of the surrounding area & the amenities.
The food is excellent with a varied choice of starters / main course / sweet & the breakfast (full English) is substantial.
The location is close to Ingleborough / Clapham / Settle / Malham Cove etc with very good walking close by.

Superb guest house with excellent service in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member Woodies123

We chose this guest house for its location to the Yorkshire Three Peaks and its excellent value for money. We can now add to that extremely friendly service from Dave and Sally. My wife had a very relaxing time whilst I completed the 3 peaks for charity and we were given excellent recommendations for things to see and places to have dinner.
The breakfast was excellent and it is a shame I missed out on the first day due to a very early start, which I must add Dave did offer a lift to Horton if I wanted it.
The only other comment to make is that the beds are firm, not that it bothered me as I was so tired from walking!
You can't get this kind of personal service from a big hotel chain. Comfortable, clean, charming, great location, excellent value. Highly Recommended. I'm sure we'll be back again. My wife was so impressed she now wants a guest house of her own!

Excellent place to explore Dales and Lake District

by TripAdvisor Member FlandersBelgium

We stayed for a full week and had a very pleasant time in Thorngarth. Every day, the services where excellent. Dave is an born entertainer and Sally the Princess of the kitchen. Dave and Sally made us feel very comfortable, warm and attentive to us through all of our stay. We felt more like friends staying in their house. The location is the ideal place for exploring and discover the Dales. Whe hope to come back some day for exploring the Lake District. Many Thanks again from Jean and Lydia, Mechelen - Belgium.

Warm & Friendly Welcome

by TripAdvisor Member BeaverCAW

A stay we wish to repeat! Dave & Sally are hosts that were attentive to the needs of their guests and knowledgable of the area. The rooms are very comfortable a place of good rest at the end of the day. The separate lounge area a plus to view the TV or read a good book. The breakfasts gave one a good start for a day of visiting the surrounding areas.

Warm welcome, excellent hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member JandJ0709

We have recently completed our 7th stay at Thorngarth and, as always, came away totally satisfied. Sally and Dave are excellent hosts and put a great deal of effort into making their guests welcome. The bedrooms are comfortable and nicely fitted out. The public areas are spacious and there is huge amount of information available on the local area. Food and wine are given all due importance and we would particularly recommend the excellent value half board package.
It is often said "never go back" but this is one property that we would quite happily return to.

Comments