Castle Combe, Castle Combe, Wiltshire, SN14 7HR, United Kingdom

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club

Amazing country hotel

by TripAdvisor Member myview

On arrival, we were greeted by two men who helped unload and park the car while we had a nice drink in the bar. The service was excellent throughout our 2-day break there, every little detail was considered.

The restuarant menu was great, nice atmosphere without any snooty attitude. The grounds provide plenty of nice walks and the village of Castle Combe is lovely.

Sadly I hadn't packed my golf clubs as the course looked great.

I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone wishing to escape from the stresses and strains of City living.

Absolute perfection

by TripAdvisor Member JCW

We've stayed here three times now over the past few years, and it's always been wonderful. But this most recent stay shows the hotel going from strength to strength - a real notch now even above its formerly high standards.

Our room was superb (an upgrade as it was my wife's birthday); staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming; dinner was outstanding (a Michelin star must surely be forthcoming soon); the location perfect, as ever.

Quite outstanding, and very highly recommended. As good as it gets.

most romantic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member racheltal

I booked a stay at the Manor House to celebrate my engagement in June 2006. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, nothing could have made us more comfortable. The service was exemplary - it was as if our needs were taken care of before we finished our sentance and the staff could not do enough to help. The bedroom was very comfortable but it was the bathroom that was the cherry on the top. Another detail was the flask of hot milk and biscuit brought to our room on an evening. I have stayed in many hotels around the world, including numerous in the Four Seasons and Park Hyatt luxury chains but this was easily one of my favourites and a fraction of the price. I highly recommend this hotel, especially as a romantic getaway.

Incredible every time

by TripAdvisor Member AvidTravellerLondon

If you're after romance this is your place!
We've been a few times, both to stay and sometimes just for cream tea on a rainy afternoon and everytime it's been perfect.
The staff are so welcoming, professional and helpful you feel like royalty.
We went for dinner for my girlfriends birthday. It was a cold evening so before dinner we sat infront of a huge fire that had been lit for us. When we were collected for our meal my girlfriend joked that she was sad to leave the huge fire.....so the staff offered to bring our dinner table to us!!! We declined but the fact that they would have was wonderful!
You won't be disappointed - it's expensive but worth every last penny!
Plus I'm sure they often do deals - worth keeping an eye out for.

Hidden gem

by TripAdvisor Member mdeboer

We found this by accident, wanting a bite to eat on our way to Oxford. We fell in love immediately at the site of the manor and decided to have a small lunch. We were welcomed warmly and directed to the bar, where we had great sandwiches. The staff were friendly, professional. They have several lounges, all with their own style, some with fire places. We also visited the nearby golf course, just to have a look. Same professional and friendly welcome. We put it on our wishlist for our next visit to England!

Comments