Dunadry Inn and Country Club
If you have ever seen the movie ‘The Shining’ with Jack Nicholson, you will have seen a dark and somewhat spooky grand old hotel. The Dunadry is exactly like that, except no ghosts or axe murders. They have beautiful hardwood floors and even exposed timbers in the main reception building. It’s a nice old hotel with a bit of stress on the old part. I was given a room with large double glass doors opening into a nice courtyard. It was hot so I left these doors open all night. No problem – it was nice and quiet. The room itself was a combination of real and musty wood, brick walls and the absolute feel of the 1970’s. I even had an old radio in a wooden console by my bed. I am not complaining, it was just that I felt like I was in a time warp.
My stay was great. I was here for several days and I enjoyed great beer, service, food and even live music from someone wedding reception. The corridors are dark and muted and you do expect to see some bloody and tortured ghost when you turn a corner – but no problems. I had a good bed, large bathtub and lot s of peace and quiet. A very old and historic hotel.
A LITTLE HISTORY OF THE HOTEL:
The name ‘Dunadry’ is a derivation of the Gaelic words for ‘Middle Fort’ (Dun-Eddery). Red Branch Knights of Ulster and their celebrated hero, Conal Cernach, built 3 forts between the villages of Tara and Dunseverick. In the 1600’s gentleman by the name of Daniel Blow founded a paper mill here. In its heyday the Blow family appointed as court printers to William III and are reputed to have printed the court circulars at the time of the Battle of the Boyne (xxx). The paper mill used water from the river now known as Six Mile Water to power its activities. It was later transformed from paper to linen manufacturing the early 1800’s. By 1920 it had become its own village of more than 20 houses and its own railways station.
The original hotel owners purchased the run-down village in 1957 and the Dunadry Hotel now covers the site of the entire old village. The Mooney family purchased the hotel in 1986 and continue to operate the hotel today.
• Completely quiet, great beds, centrally located in Northern Ireland
• Indoor heated swimming pool, Gym, Leisure complex, Angling (Sixmilewater River), Gardens
• Free secure car parking
• WiFi - £3.50 (50 mins), £10.00 (24hrs)
• Room types: Single, Double, Twin, Family, King Executive Room
• Countryside and garden views available
• Bathtub / bath with shower
• LCD TV, telephone, Tea/coffee making facilities, Trouser press, Vanity area, Hairdryer, desk
• WiFi Internet access throughout the hotel (charges apply)
• All rooms are non-smoking
FOOD & DRINK
• Flax & Beetle Restaurant (In honour the Hotel’s linen heritage) – locally sourced dishes
• Copper Bar – nice (real) fireplace and some of the mill’s original features – buffet lunches
• Heated pool, Spa Pool & steam room
• Spa Beauty Salon, full treatments, Solarium
• Coffee area to relax & read
• Fully equipped gymnasium and Health bar
• Full delegate packages and equipment for up to 400 people – free Wi-Fi
Off the M2 and convenient to all of Northern Ireland. Only 10 minutes away from The International Airport and 15 minutes to Belfast City centre.
Nearby Dunadry Inn and Country Club
Nearby HotelsSee all 1
Templeton Hotel 1.9 miles away
Hilton Templepatrick Hotel 2 miles away
Hilton 2 miles away
Stable Court Lodging 2.3 miles away
Woodburn House 2.3 miles away
Dunadry Inn and Country Club
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Dunadry Inn
- Dunadry Hotel And Country
Address: 2 Islandreagh Drive, Dunadry, County Antrim, BT41 2HA, United Kingdom
5 Photos of Dunadry Inn and Country ClubView Professional Photos
Amenities at Dunadry Inn and Country Club
- Swimming Pool
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Room Service
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Business Services
- Bar / Lounge
- Free High Speed Internet
Dunadry Travel Forum
Need advice about Dunadry, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Dunadry and ask our Answer Gurus.