Selborne Hotel

Booking.com Priceline.com

Travel Tips for Dunoon

Dunoon, Argyll and Bute

by geordiebutcher

"Dunoon Argyll and Bute Scotland"

I have lived in Dunoon for over two years now. I first visited Dunoon ten years ago and from the first time I drove down through the Cowel peninsular I knew I would be coming back to this place. The scenery is fabulous with beautifull lochs (both sea and freshwater) full of fish, and hills and glens with the majestic red deer, golden eagles, buzzards, and rivers with otters and king fishers,herrons and a thousand other forms of wild life. In September we have the Cowel gathering when people from all over the world come to perform traditional highland games with pipe bands and highland dancing. We welcome walkers from the world over who come to wander our hills, One of Scotlands best known walks,The West Highland Way begins less than an hours drive away, each year over 50,000 people complete this walk. Dunoon is on the Firth of Clyde which means lots of sailing and lots of sailing clubs. Whatever the weather there is allways something to do. So if you are ever on the west coast of Scotland, come and visit us, and please, don't forget your camera.

Comments