Cadbury House Classic Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Cadbury House Classic Hotel

Cowabunga!!

by TripAdvisor Member Willow29

Our stay Cadbury House Hotel was amazing! The team were so friendly, from phoning up and booking right until the end of my stay. My fiance loved the suprise and thought the cow was amazing; we'll definately be coming back to Cadbury again!

Love it or hate it...

by TripAdvisor Member RobRoy75

Syle-wise most people will either love or hate this place - a fusion of an old building housing the function rooms and a very modern extension housing the accomodation. We hated it! Inside the rooms the same fusion is evident - large gilt mirrors and repro antique chairs mixed with a 4ft modern painting of a cow's face looming over our bed.

Staff seemed to either be extremely helpful or full of attitude with no happy medium. Unfortunately, the ones who are rude or unhelpful tend to be the ones that you remember and some of the staff here should definitely be reconsidering their decision to work in a customer service based industry!

This is NOT a place to visit with children. While they don't exactly exclude them, the lack of facilities for them indicates that they are obviously not trying to encourage them. While I was able to get two interconnecting rooms, the hotel charged me £38 for a night's hire of a cot for my smallest - I can buy a travel cot for not much more than that and I have stayed in dozens of far more expensive and prestigious hotels and never been charged nearly as much for one. Silly really as it is not a fortune in the greater scheme of things but it does leave one with a sour taste.

Bad end to a good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Melstar13

We stayed at the Cabury House Hotel for their annual Valentine's Ball. The hotel has a great decor but seems to lack organisation in the lounge although elsewhere the service was excellent.

We had a great night and the 3 course meal was very good.

We stayed in an executive room to which we upgraded and to be honest I am not sure if it was worth the extra money as it seemed no different to the lesser priced rooms as stated. The room however was decorated to a high standard and the bed was very comfy.

The only real let down of this hotel was the restaurant at breakfast. We were sat at a very long table which had our group at one end and some other guests at the other!! The hot breakfast was much to be desired, very greasy and not very hot, that was if you were lucky to get any as the counter was mostly empty and took ages to be replenished.

Altogether I would return here but not sure if I would stay as it was fairly expensive for what you got.

thereviewcadburyhouse

by TripAdvisor Member CameronBluenose

It would be an understatement to call thehotel pretentious. In a vain attempt to be a chic boutique hotel they have achieved an embarrasing country bumpkin attempt at cool. Decor is all over the place and they are trying far too hard, yet despite all the effort the the corridors and public spaces have the feel of an institution. The over-eager attempts at funkiness in room decor extend to an gynaecologically detailed giant photo of the rear of suckling piglets next to the bed.

The restaurant was deserted, overpriced and again over-pretentious (duck with chocolate and rhubarb!). When my colleague asked for steak to be well done this was point blank refused as the chef "had to consider his reputation". Little wonder there were no other diners. In the bar we had the pleasure of asking for drinks which never came. When we asked a second waiter where our order was he promptly returned with the bill for the non-existent drinks.

In reality there is much about thehotel that is good if they could only get real. Some captalisation and spaces between words would also be welcome.

Fair Doos Drum n Bass week top hole

by TripAdvisor Member Dajapi

I've just clocked the recent critique on Cadbury House. It was A1 when I was there for Drum n Bass week in June last year (07). The staff coped patiently with us coming back from gigs a bit noisy. Nosh was OK but I agree a bit on the poncy side. MC System stayed there for the week. If its good enough for him I reckon it's good enough for some of the snobs who are just looking for a reason to complain.

Nice Hotel but...

by TripAdvisor Member NJHTaunton

Both the Hotel & Spa are impressive when you drive up and there is lots of parking. Once inside, the decor is modern and funky with some 'old meets new' twists. The bedroom was spacious, functional and the bed comfortable although a window that looks directly from the bedroom into the bathroom may not be to everyone's taste!
The restaurant was fully booked on the night we were there so we ate in 'The Living Room' which is a lounge area next door to the restaurant. The menu there is more informal and what we had was delicious and well presented.
All in all a really nice hotel however with all the above said, unfortunately the place lacks any atmosphere. The staff, whilst polite and courteous seemed robotic with very little personality which was a shame and didn't match the funky feel of the hotel. The restaurant which was full, was like a library not the buzzing atmosphere you would expect for a Saturday night.
I would recommend the hotel on the strength of it's location, facilities and food but the ambience definitely needs some work!

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member MarkWorle

What can I say, except 'Wow' from the decor right through to the great service we all had a great stay.

I booked in myself, wife and two children and the hotel & club could not do enough to ensure we had a great break from the normal day to day chores.

The hotel not only boasts a one rossette restaurant but also one of the best hotel Gyms I have visited, inclubing a special gym just for the children involving dance mats and swimming.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who appreciates quality of service and facilities.

great but room could be improved

by TripAdvisor Member Robertrose

The hotel is set in a lovely location, high up looking down onto surroundin countryside, the Bristol Channel and into Wales, providing you have a front facing room.
Reception was very friendly and the restuarant was fine.
The rooms could easily be improved by adding a door and fitting smoked film on the glass shower cubicle, which look directly into the bedroom giving no privacy and also for all to see if anyone opens the main room door into the corridor.
In our mini suite, we had no dressing gowns and no hooks to hang clothes and towels etc in the bathroom.
Just a few changes and a little thought would make the rooms more comfortable.
It reminded us of some of the trendy new rooms at the Worldorf in London which we now avoid. (If only the designers asked more questions!)

Mixed review

by TripAdvisor Member MirandaAsh

We stayed at the hotel for one night and attended a wedding reception too. The reception staff were friendly and efficient on arrival. However, our room had not been thoroughly cleaned. Someone's make up had been left in the bathroom splattered on the counter top and also found someone else's clothes and hair rollers in the room. We asked for the bathroom to be cleaned while we attended the reception, however, on our return to our room well after midnight, it had still not been done. We were too tired to complain again by this point. The resturant could be easily set up to hold more tables. When we came down to breakfast the next morning there were no tables available and we gave up waiting after 45 minutes and several irate customers in the queue ahead of us! Nevertheless the venue is charming and with abit more attention to detail it could be fantastic!

Good, but not brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member Holly29

I stayed here for one night for work. On arrival - staff were very friendly but as the lift was out of order had to carry my heavy bag up to the second floor.

I had booked a deluxe double, which faces out of the back of the hotel, i.e. no view (I think you need to book an executive room to face out to the front). The room was fine - nice bed, modern decor, nice TV with internet which worked. My phone wasn't working and the shower screen was woefully inadequate (i.e. flooded the bathroom) but overall it was fine for one night. Would certainly not have booked it if there had been two of us, or for a romantic break or anything.

Had dinner in the informal 'Living Room' which was fine and went for a swim in the pool. The spa/club facilities are great but do bear in mind that this is a members club down the hill from the hotel - it is not just for hotel guests. It was therefore really busy. Breakfast was also fine.

Overall I'd say that this hotel is fine in most ways. In my view t is NOT a fantastic design hotel you'd come to for a holiday but it was perfectly good and also I got a great rate so I can't complain. I should also say it took 25 minutes from Bristol in a cab so is not right next door.

Comments