Temple Way, Bristol, BS1 6BF, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• pavan.keerthi's Profile Photo

City Inn Bristol

I quite didnt like to Room since it felt too cramped up with furniture.It certianly didnt feel like wor the money of £70/night for weekend.We didnt spend much time in hotel and only returned for sleep.

Wont recommend for others unless you are on business travel

Unique Quality: Has a Park right outside the Entrance with nice view

Directions: Just right outside Bristol Train Station

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

nice!

Upon on our arrival they told us that we are not in their system! Hopefully, I had the confirmation email printed and they figured out the problem after some minutes (it seems hostelworld.com didn’t make the booking correctly). We payed 92 euro per day for a double ensuite room (January 2009) and we loved our room because it was clean and comfortable like heaven!

We didn’t have time to see the hotel during the day (because we were walking in the city) but I noticed a lounge bar and a terrace with nice view over Temple Gardens.

Unique Quality: We had a great iMac computer in the room that gives full multimedia entertainment (free internet and hundreds of satellite channels).

Directions: This hotel is close to the city center but also 3’ walk from Temple Meads train station. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel that will take you to the center, to Clifton etc It's very helpful if you dont want to walk a lot

• Gyppo's Profile Photo

Standard Business Hotel in Bristol #2

I stayed in a 'twin' room, which turned out to be a double with a 6' by 2.5' mattress on the floor - not too impressive. The shower was fine, and the room OK apart from the beds. Staff were friendly enough. Breakfast was a choice of either a continental buffet, or a cooked plus continental buffet. TV in room.

Unique Quality: None - standard place.

More about City Inn Bristol

general info

by mindcrime

I found very useful the Tourist Information (located next door to @Bristol). They provided me with a nice free map and answered all my questions (which bus, what cost, what time) about everything.
I had free internet access at my hotel but I’ve heard that there is free internet access at Bristol Central Library (behind the Cathedral at the bottom of Park Street) at the second floor.

If you want to see a concert you can buy VENUE magazine and buy tickets at Bristol Ticket Shop(pic 1). It is located at the city center(26 Union St, Bristol BS1 2DP). Their telephone:08704444400. The ticket office is open Mon-Sat 10.00-18.00 (Thursday till 19.00) http://www.bristolticketshop.co.uk/

I wanted to check some places (especially nightclubs) on the map to see how far they are from point A to point B so I used this extra helpful online interactive map for directions :

If you don’t have a guide book and need some basic info about Bristol check: http://www.visitbristol.co.uk

If you want to buy food from a market try TESCO(pic 2). It has good prices and I saw several around the center (one next to Old Duke pub, another opposite the Bristol Mall etc)

If you get lost ask a policeman, they seem friendly to tourists and kind of funny on their horses :) (pic 3)

What a Reception!

I have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions, yes the rooms are a bit sterile and on the small side, but the Reception Manager and her team more than make up for it! You get a warm welcome and nothing seems to be to much trouble. The nice part is they remember your name, so your just not a number!

Nice!

by TripAdvisor Member Almatt

I stayed here for one night in September. It's a very modern hotel with great gadgets as other reviewers have described. My room was a bit small but perfectly adequate. It was also very quiet - luck of the draw, I guess. Great central location. Only downside was that there was no bath but, in fairness, the shower was good. Good room service - extensive menu and very prompt. Good breakfast. I will continue to book this hotel when I go to Bristol.

Gorgeous modern Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member UlsteronTour

We will definitely be returning to the city Inn. Admittedly, we would not normally stay in a Hotel in this price range but were able to get a special late availability deal.

We were taken aback by the comfort of the Hotel. Very luxurious throughout complete with a very atmospheric bar.

The Hotel staff were very helpful and allowed us to check in early at no extra charge - very welcome after an early start! Great room facilities and very handy location for Temple Meads Railway station.

My only problem now is that my other half wont allow me to take her ANYWHERE else next time we are in Bristol.

Keep the eye on the ball

The city inn is my usual stop over whilst in Bristol - stayed there a dozen or so times over the last year or so. Excellent location for the station & if arriving by car you can use the car-park for as long as you want ( even after check out) which is very useful. As for the review - starting with the car park - just prey there is an easy space to slip into - the hotel do not enforse their own parking rules meaning parking can be an issue. Check in is always as it should be - wake up call / newspapers/ book for dinner / check your home address to faciliate express check out - so top marks. The hotel is about three - four years old and the decor is still fresh as are the well appointed rooms - flat screen TV / DVD & CD players / comfy chair / fluffy gowan / small very bright shower room - OK for a night or two - if i was being picky I would say the rooms do need a little TLC ( new light shades etc but on the whole excellent. The cafe food of an evening is well presented but really over priced - £4.50 for very nice tomato soup / £10.50 for fish & eight ( yes 8) chips - so not good value - but nice surroundings. Breakfast OK but more presentation than content. Certainly a nice place to stay if someone else is footing the bill & you are not too hungry. Will be back but will dine out next time.

A Nice, Modern Hotel, above expectations...

by TripAdvisor Member SFvegetarian

A very nice place to stay in Bristol. It becomes outstanding if you can get a good deal, as we did in November. We had 2 rooms, both were excellent, clean, modern and tasteful. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We needed some maps, they copied theirs for us and brought them up to our room. The lounge/pub is comfortable and lively, the restaurant is good, but very expensive for Americans ($40 for an entree) with our weak dollar. The rooms are modern with a very nice flatscreen TV, a decent amount of cable channels, free DVDs available at the front desk, a CD player/stereo, nice robes, some free snacks, good sized bathrooms (for europe), and many other nice surprises. The free breakfast buffet was well above expectations, with a very hearty selection of eggs, beans, vegetarian sausages, real bacon and sausage, mushrooms, potatoes, fruit, breads, cheese, cereals, rolls, etc. The food was of good quality and there were plenty of choices. The location was excellent for getting out of town quickly to roadtrip to Bath, Stonehenge, Cheddar, Wells, etc, and is near a lovely park and downtown esplanade. The Bristol nightlife was absolutely wild, as the college kids were partying loud , drunk, and late on the weekend nights, it was dead by 10 pm on weeknights.
All in all, we would definitely stay here again.

Loved it - just avoid the bar!

Stayed here with my partner just before Christmas and was very impressed. The room was clean and nicely decorated with a few nice little extras. I was particularly surprised at the range of channels on the TV (Sky One, Sky Sports etc), having expected just the standard free ones (BBC 3, E4 etc.).
The bathroom was very clean and adequetly sized (for future reference, you can fit 2 people in the shower!!). The only disappointment was the lack of a bath. The breakfast was both extensive and delicious, albeit quite expensive (£24 for a fry-up and continental beakfast delivered to the room).

My only real complaint is that it's very easy to spend a lot of money here. A pint of Carlsberg Export and glass of Rioja cost me £9.75! Likewise, a 330ml bottle of water in the room will cost you over £1! The restaurant too is quite expensive so we ate elsewhere.

In summary, this is a lovely hotel - just be cautious when asked "Can I charge this to your room?"

Comments