Marriott Hotel Bristol City Centre

Booking.com Travelocity Marriott.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

good bed and board

The bed was comfy. The room and view were nice. The food was excellent and service very friendly and competent I got sick in the middle of my trip and the room service order taker found me a special chicken soup when I was not interested in the cream soup of the day. I was very impressed by that.

Unique Quality: This location does not lend itself to walking, as the ring road is busy and not easy to cross. There are no little grocery stores or interesting eateries close by, just McDonald's.

More about Marriott Hotel Bristol City Centre

Try the Bristol Marriott Royal for better location

by TripAdvisor Member ez-n-frank

Other than the location this is a great hotel. Very clean and tidy, average priced. I got a free upgrade to an executive room which was nice.

However, if you want to stay at a Marriott hotel in Bristol I would recommend the Royal (Nr. the Cathedral) which has a much better central location. I can say that walking into town for a meal on an evening was an unnerving experience, which, bearing in mind that I am a 27 year old, 16 stone, skinhead bloke who is familiar with the area, is quite worrying. I would strongly recommend anyone (especially single females) to get a taxi into town despite it only being a fairly short distance. Fairly suitable for business needs and overall prettygood.

My 6 yr old son`s missing gameboy gamesx4 NOT submitted to lost property!

Having stayed in 2005 and having a great experience we decided to return for a well deserved break.This time valued customers we felt well and truly not.Perhaps if my young family and I were dressed in business attire we may have treated with more respect, clearly these people command more attention.To well and truly top the icing my son realised with horror after leaving that he had left his games, wallet and books in the draw he was allocated for the stay, immediately we got in touch.No-one had entered the room we were told but the cleaner. Recovered from THE CLEANING CUPBOARD and 3 calls later the wallet and books were discovered-games valued at£80.00 were GONE!! I was told to phone the police if i wished to pursue the matter, thank-you Marriott, i am appalled.People, this is not a deliberate slating, but rather a very disappointed family who feel matters like this need highlighting!!

£4.50 Southern Comfort & Lemonde (single shot)

by TripAdvisor Member Bristolians

Stayed for one night as attended a function at the hotel.

Pro's:
Nice comfy bed
clean room,
convenient for shopping in Broadmead

Cons:
They couldn't find my booking (it hadn't been transferred to the other computer system).
Near by major building work was noisy and started at 8am on Sunday morning.
It cost £4.50 for a single southern comfort and lemonade in the bar.
Spa pool not working.
Buffet at the function we attended was a strange mixture and the tiny desserts ran out very quickly.
Noisey air conditioning unit
At check out they decided to add on nearly £30.00 for our "free" breakfast (was taken off when I queried it)
£7.50 to park your car for 24 hours.

Brilliant place

by TripAdvisor Member valleysgirl1

Just spent a girlie weekend at this hotel.What a great time.From check in to check out we could fault nothing -staff were wonderful,attentive but not overbearing,rooms were fantastic-clean,comfortable.Food in restaurant during the evening was delicious-service perfect.Already planning our next getaway!!!!!Would definately recommend.

Disappointingly Mediocre Room booked didnt exist

by TripAdvisor Member BarbarellasHairpin

I have just returned from this hotel knowing, unless there is a desperate need to use a Marriott, I will never do so again.
If you don't really care what your room and the hotel is like so long as its not full of down and outs, then you will not mind this one, however, for a four star I felt it rediculous.

Firstly, we booked online for a "Luxury room". When we paid £50 more per night than ordinary room we expected a nice good sized room with nice bathroom etc. Nope.
It was smaller than Travelodge rooms Ive paid £30 a night for. By half.
The bed was smaller than mine at home though the bedding was comfy and padded it out so it looked bigger! The bathroom was so small I had to almost sit on the loo to get the door shut behind me, and I am 8stone odd..! It was also very basic and there was no seperate shower as stated on website. There was only one bed not two as stated on website. I had to stand almost in a cupboard to use their hairdryer, and If Idve got the ironing board out Id've had to use it in the corridor.

We complained and were told there was no luxury room -it didnt exist. They wouldn't change the rate down to the basic rate that we upgraded from to get a nice room. They showed us the "next room up" in the price scale, which wasn't an exec room, it was just a foot wider and had a foot wider bed.

Grossly misorganised at breakfast, the lady was running about all over before she showed us to a table and we were stood waiting, and was not greeted politely, or even told how to obtain meals once we sat down.
There were no plates for the cooked breakfasts for the first 10 mins, so we sat hungry.

The bar was terrible service. In between being served the one sole bartender took 5 calls on the phone. Other people queing looked very annoyed at this too. Surely you answer the fone when you are free, not when it rings and you are in the middle of serving drinks..?

Also, bare wires in the room where the skirting was cut short! The tv check out service was blocked too. A maid walked in our room and turned the lights on at 8.45 am Sunday morning when were asleep and had do not disturb on the door.
The following day she clatterwed loudly outside our rooms -most probably because we were in bed when she came at a similar time to clean and we were not out of our room!

Dated, small, poor service, poor quality food and ludicrous "1.50 for a can of Pepsi" mini bar prices.

NO MORE MARRIOTS FOR US.

Problems getting the basics right

by TripAdvisor Member MikeC_2006

Firstly you may want to be aware that the NCP parking is chargeable (£7.00). This would be fair enough if only their website made that clear.

Check-in was functional (no particular warmth of welcome).

Booked an "Executive Room" which, according to promotional literature, should have had king size beds, bathrobes, slippers, mineral water. Didn't have any of these things. Managed to get the mineral water after a wait, but a 33cl bottle between four of us was a bit mean! I would not like to stay here in hot weather as the air-conditioning unit in the bedroom is very noisy, and traffic noise outside would make it impractical to have windows open.

Executive Room customers get to use an Executive Lounge on the first floor. This is a nice facility, including widescreen TV, but again there were problems with the basics - coffee machine not working (but hot drinks available from bar instead), canapes supposed to be served in the evening, which they weren't, light breakfast supposed to be served in the morning which it wasn't, ice bucket not replenished, and key card had to be revalidated three times during the course of our 24hour stay.

Breakfast very good, including freshly cooked eggs/omelettes/waffles - very American!

Spa bath not working.

So in summary - ok for a city centre business hotel. Not really for a leisure stay. Don't pay the extra for an Executive Room, as the rooms themselves don't seem to be any bigger/nicer, and based on our experience the promised extras don't materialise. Be aware of the air conditioning/traffic noise issue in the warmer months.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cez

I stayed at the Marriott for 1 night on 10 June 2006, what a lovely hotel. It doesn't look that nice from outside but i was pleasantly suprised, especially when they upgraded us to one of the excutive rooms. We had bath robes, aromatherapy kits & the biggest & most comfy bed i'd ever slept in.

We also used the spa facilities which were faultless. The only downside was the bar prices - a pint of lager & a small glass of wine was £10.25 (the wine was £6.25) but other than that i would defintely stay here again

Great hotel, great location - would recommend

Very Pleasant ,standard Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member crombiestone

Stayed for one night and had no complaints . I have stayed in a number of Marriott hotels and find that they are usually of a reliable standard and they are usually awarded by a certain hotel bidding website . The room was vey clean as was the bathroom. The hotel is located a pleasant 10 minute walk to the centre and about 20 minutes from the main train station.

Only a small niggle but the in room air conditioning unit was very noisy and there was some noise from the road outside so light sleepers may want to bring ear plugs.

I didnt try the restaurants or room service as they were typically overpriced as you will find in almost any hotel of this rating .

All in all a good hotel which I would have no problems using again.

Comments