Merchants Rest

13 Redcross Street, Bristol, BS2 0BT, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Bristol

looking towards the bridgelooking towards the bridge

Observatory and Camera ObscuraObservatory and Camera Obscura

Railway BridgeRailway Bridge

Temple Meads Train StationTemple Meads Train Station

Accommodation for 6 people

by Lauramcg

Hi there

I'm looking for an apartment to rent for two days in November, with a group of 5 friends. We're all professional girls looking to have a nice, fun, pampering weekend.

Ideally, we would like an apartment to sleep 4-6 of us, as we can also bring along some airbeds if necessary. Where should I look? Days Inn has no availability for the weekend in question.

Thanks in advance!

LM

RE: Accommodation for 6 people

by jakelb

Dear LM,

I am currently renovating a 6 bedroom house in the heart of Clifton. It should be nearly complete by November, but not quite, so I won't be able to formally let it out by then - I am thinking of 1st Dec. If you would like a brand new (mostly) house in a great location for a couple of days, and don't mind a little building work in the background, drop me a line!

Jake email: njakelb@yahoo.co.uk

Travel Tips for Bristol

The Ruins...

by coceng

Another photo of the ruins of St. Peter Church...There's a garden by the side which has some seats/benches.
I saw this Arabic couple sitting on one of the benches & the guys was not happy when I pointed my camera to capture the sight.
I said to him that I wanted to capture the side of the church & not his veil-covered girlfriend !

Professional Football

by DUNK67

Professional Football is played by Bristol Rovers.

I have seen Aston Villa play against Bristol Rovers in a friendly match whilst we were on holiday in nearby Weston Super Mare. I can`t remember what the score was but I did get some of the players autographs and had my photo taken with Villas Gordon Cowans, unfortunately the picture never came out. Good pair of eyes to watch the games and a strong set of lungs to shout them on.

Special and fresh

by JuliaK about Le Petit Chou

I am sorry I used the card as a picture, but even the card shows how simple the shop is.
It is strange how we got to enter the shop. We were walking in Clifton Village, looking actually for a gift for a friend. We even went to Habitat and we were ready to buy for her a set of cups and mugs!!! How boring is that!!!! But practical in the same time....
While walking and reaching the Suspension Bridge area, my attention was drawn to a shop that had Lavender bouquets hanging just outside the door and the most beautiful little bags!!!! I could even smell the Lavender from quite far!!!
I said "Thats the place to go!!"
So we did... As soon as we entered the shop a wonderful and smillling young woman was wellcoming us. The whole shop is like a princess room... romantic and sweet!!!!!
Fresh lavender, lace and handmade cute little things out of wood We finally bought the present from there and a bunch of Lavender for our house.
We bought a nice wood-crafted door sign. It was a girl with pieces of cloth as her clothes, and she had a sign over her head saying- My Room.
I quess its a bit childish... but was very cute and romantic. Since our friend lives in a shared house she loved the fact that she can "mark her territory" like that.

You can buy handmade wooden signs, linen, nice accessories for your kitchen and your garden. All are like antiques and very original.
My favorite was a big "Garden Angel" made out of wood.... Not a lot, since its a new shop- she tried to keep the prices down !!!

Alternative way ...

by JuliaK

Climb aboard and enjoy the exciting world of Bristol's Historic Harbour. As you cruise along, you will experience the wonderful and ever-changing landscapes of the River Avon.

Hotwells round trip (40mins)~ £3.50(adults), £2.00 (children), £2.50 (seniors)
Temple Meads round trip (1hour)~ £4.00, £2.50, £3.00
Single journey fares ~ £1.20, £0.80, £1.00
For further details you can check on the web (more accurate depending the season) or call

Bristol houses fine...

by delon

Bristol houses fine restaurants of various cuisines. I personally have tried out some great Spanish, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese etc. I would recommend the foll:
Mexican : El Compadre (At Gloucester Road)
Comparatively I found this restaurant among the cheaper ones as among other well known Mexican restaurants in Bristol, the ambience is great although this is just a small restaurant. And a good choice of mexican music is always playing in the backdrop. Start with some great nachos to whet your appetite, I must say the margaritas served are also very good, my personal fave is the strawberry margarita. You could choose from the best of fajitas, burritos, enchilladas. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Comments