Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5TT, United Kingdom

Travelocity Hotelsclick.com AMOMA.com

• planxty's Profile Photo

Perfectly adequate.

The Travelodge chain in the UK offer a reasonable standard of accomodation at reasonable prices and the Bristol Central is exactly that, a no-frills but perfectly adequate place to stay.

Check-in was quick and friendly, the room clean, the bed comfortable and the bathroom OK. I tend to only sleep in hotel rooms so I don't require a high level of amenities like room service, spa facilities, shoe polishing and so on and this place fits the bill.

In fairness to Travelodge, they did have a warning on the website that it is close to a main road and there was building work going on opposite which may have caused a noise problem but it honestly wasn't bad at all.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique, just a perfectly adequate place to stay.

More about Travelodge Bristol Central

Nice bed!

by TripAdvisor Member Mandark

This hotel was fairly nice, as it seems to have been newly decorated when I visited. It is in a very convenient location right in the city
centre, yet has amazingly effective double glazing which meant that it was fairly quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the room was big and airy, although the view was not terribly exciting.

You're not guaranteed a room!

by TripAdvisor Member Team_Kirby_Howse

Travelodge operate an overbooking policy – I other words even though you’ve booked and paid weeks in advance, if everyone else has turned up you might not have a room (Its on the fine print on the website and has apparently been on Watchdog).

We were delayed for 15 hours on the motorway due to the recent floods – when we got there at 8.30 the following morning, despite a member of our party being there and keeping them informed, they’d reallocated our rooms and expected us to go elsewhere.

After 2 hours of nagging they shoved 13 of us into 3 rooms (8 beds), one of which was out of order (for good reason as it was filthy) and the two in order rooms were no better with mouldy bathrooms and broken lights.

The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful and I would rather sleep on a park bench than give Travelodge a penny of my hard earned cash ever again.

Do not stay here or with this company!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vixma

After driving for hours from Cornwall, we arrived 11.30pm with a young child at the Cribbs Causeway travelodge. Here we were told there was a problem with our room (rubbish, they had sold our room to someone else who arrived earlier than us)so we were transferred with free breakfast to Bristol central....tired and not happy. To make things even worse when we got there from the ridiculous directions we were given by the receptionist, we were given a key to a room with a bed but no matteress. When we commented on this the staff did not get what the problem was at first until he sat on the bed (were we going mad, or could he see something we couldn't. Finally, we were transferred to a room (we had booked a family room) where my partner had to sleep on the floor on a filthy mattress and as for the room, the only part of it that was clean was the bath tub. The breakfast in the morning(although free) we refused. A buffet of various cooked items, the mushrooms were floating in some very bizarre white looking liquid. So we gave it miss. Don't just stay away from just this hotel, but stay away from this company as we stayed with them a few years ago and swore never again. Stupidly however, thinking there may be some improvements from our last stay we thought we would try again......WE HAVE LEARNT OUR LESSON, NEVER AGAIN.

Grubby nasty hotel. Very disappointed..

by TripAdvisor Member RhiannonL

This is probably the worst hotel I've stayed in, and the whole group who made the same unfortuante mistake as me would agree!!

Between us we had walls with "coffee?" stains down them, beds with 3 legs, 1 pillow per bed, no phones in room and just grottiness...

Don't get me wrong this is a budget hotel, however for the same price if not slightly cheaper you can get other hotels in the same area which are a million times better!

Hideous

by TripAdvisor Member MidlandsLisa

Just do not go to this hotel. Stay Away!. It was truly terrible. Filthy, strange brown stains on ceiling, missing pictures on walls (obvious pictures had been painted around!) cracked electrical sockets, broken window which would not shut, and worst of all, the noise. Noise from outside, noise from the internal corridors. It was a Saturday night and people were drunk (us too) but not to the extend that we needed to have a fight in the street or a drunken run around the hotel corridors at 4 am. Staff spoke little English and really were useless. Bar area was utterly souless. Only think in it's favour was it was cheap, but we would have had a better night sleeping in the car.

Did I stay in a different place?

by TripAdvisor Member EmmCumbria

After reading some of the reviews I was anxious to say the least! I found Bristol Central travelodge to be in a perfect convenient location, easy to find, comfortable, clean, food available and car parking on site. What more did I require. The price was value for money and if I wanted a bit more luxury would have paid more money and gone into another hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially William, and I have no qualms recommending other travellers to stay here. Our daughter is now at Bristol Uni for the next three years so we will be staying there on a regular basis when we visit.

Glad I carry earplugs!!

by TripAdvisor Member VanessaRoad

Spent one night at Bristol Central Travel Lodge, great until we got into bed realised there was lots of noise from passing traffic and discovered that there was no handle on the window and the window wouldn't shut. Put ear plugs in and slept. Got down to breakfast and everything was great until the scrambled eggs which tasted like they hadn't been near a chicken. Shame because those two small moans spoilt a hotel in a great location and good staff.

Good enough location

by TripAdvisor Member CSJAberdeen

I stayed at this hotel for one night while in Bristol on business in the middle of November 2007.

The hotel wasnt great and I wouldn't have wanted to stay there more than one night.

The room was clean enough and tidy but really needed done up. It wasn't that big either and the bathroom was a bit shabby.

The breakfast was okay but nothing special, the staff were friendly enough. There is parking under the hotel but you have to pay extra for this.

Overall, I was glad it wasn't me who was paying to stay there.

Smelly, Grubby rather sleep in my car!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Emma57573

We choose to stay at a travel lodge thinking that its a cheap clean basic hotel. But cleanliness is not high in priorities for this hotel.
On entering the hotel reception our first impression was a musty smell in the air.
The lift was grubby and when we got to our room it SMELT SO BAD!! I said it smelt of sick and husband thought it smelt like like a rugby changing room, it was gross! The room was dirty and tiny. I decided within 5 seconds of entering I wasnt going to stay there.
It took us a good 10 minutes to get downstairs because the ground button on the lift had fallen off!
The only possitive I can say is we didn't have any problems getting a refund. Maybe thats worth the one star but I would have rather lost my money than stay in a smelly, dirty hotel like the travel lodge Bristol. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Genuinely Amazingly Bad

by TripAdvisor Member irishgrover

I can genuinely state, that without exception, this hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, of any grade, at any point in my life. I stayed here with a family group ranging in ages from 2 to 70. We had two family rooms and four double rooms for 5 days/4 nights

Just to give you a taste of how badly run your hotel is, I'll give some pointers…

• When I went to check in I was told the hotel was full and no room was available (I don't need to go into the details of how I had to persuade the staff to honour the booking)
• 2 of our six rooms had no telephone
• 2 had no remote controls
• Only one of the rooms (out of 6) was serviced by housekeeping each day. Others were serviced some of the time. My room for example was serviced only twice.
• On a number of occasions, when the rooms were serviced, no bath towels were provided. One of my brothers 'cornered’ on of the staff and requested bath towels and was told that there were none left. He responded that he did not care how they did it, but to go and fine him bath towels immediately. They found some…(borrowed from another guest room?)
• The 'bar/cafe' has a total of 4 pint glasses. This did not increase during our 5 days there. There were only 4 pint glasses in the bar.!!
• The 'bar staff' did not know how to change a keg. The draft beer ran out on the 2 nd day and was never replaced (although staff confirmed that more was available they just did not know how to attach it)
• There was never, ever any change in the bar/cafe. We could not buy 'a drink'’ or a small item of food. We have to buy a number of drinks, to get close to £10 or £20, so there would be enough change (this was the same for all 5 days)
• I had the misfortune to order food for my family – I then stupidly asked for serviettes / napkins. I was told that they had none but would find an alternative. The staff member came back 5 minutes later with a number of bath towels (he could not fine anything smaller! maybe he borrowed them from my brothers room…?)
• One of two lifts was out of order (the result being that the order was in constant use and was never available
• All of the vending machines were out of stock or out of order…

I could go on but I'm sure you get the general idea…. It was so very amazingly bad that there was no point in getting angry…

Comments