The Royal Hotel Luton

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

One To Be Avoided

It's not often I slate a place but this hotel deserves a worse review than I'm just about to write.

There's only one thing I can think of to say in its favour and that is that it is close to the railway station.

Having booked the hotel as an overnight stay preceding a morning flight this was the worst possible hotel to stay. Located on the main road you get the traffic noise, being close to the station you get the trains rumbling across the road bridge. Then just to ensure you get as little sleep as possible the ground floor hosts a lively (ie noisy) late bar.

Me, I'm not usually bothered about noise and if everything else is OK then I can forgive a few faults. However nothing else compensated. The rooms are scruffy and badly designed - my first task was to work out how to relocate the kettle so that it's plug would actually reach a socket. The advertised WiFi was the worst I've ever come across - patchy and slow.

Reception was friendly enough - although why she needed me to fill in a manual form and provide ID as well as my credit card I don't know (bearing in mind that I'd booked online). But the worst bit was that my early morning call didn't happen. Now that is inexcusable for an airport hotel. Fortunately I did wake-up on time without it and did make my flight but there wasn't even anyone manning the desk when I left to complain to.

If it had been really cheap hotel then I'd accept that you get what you pay for but at £40 without breakfast it was a totally unsatisfactory experience.

Directions: Just down the road from the railway station.

Comments