Brockenhurst Hotel

in Ascot
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Golf Castles and Palaces Horse Riding

Brockenhurst Hotel, Ascot, not a "Boutique Hotel"

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 18, 2007

If there was ever a price for lack of standard in a hotel, then Brockenhurst Hotel in Ascot is the winner. The management seems resigned to the fact that they are a 2 star, so no point expecting better.

My experience at Brockenhurst Hotel was the worst ever. If you don't mind seeing other people's hairs and stains on a bed, then you are in the right place - to me this was disgusting.

Also, the telephone looks like it had never been cleaned; very obvious dirt on the receiver and toilet was definitely not properly cleaned after previous occupant.

Service is also lacking, so this is not a place to stay if you have an important meeting the next day, the agreed wakeup call time was not effected, so I missed breakfast which might be a blessing in disguise. Heaven knows what would have happened if one eats in such a place.

Another thing, I asked for another blanket, never received because who ever delivered it just left it on the floor in front of the door because I found the blanket on the floor the next morning on my way out, even if the blanket was clean, putting it on the floor is unhygienic and unclean.

Brockenhurst Hotel, Ascot is not a place to go for clean room or good service because that concept does not exist in their dictionary for a "Boutique Hotel" as they described themselves to me.

Not to forget, I was sharing the room with spiders and possible a few bacteria on the phone receivers. Glad I am home, so I can disinfect myself. I would definately not recommend this hotel in its current state.

Unique Quality: Surrounding area (Ascot) is very pleaseant. Hotel is in a handsome building. Hotel has limited facilities, the gardens which could be their wining point are plain with just grass and hedges, nothing special.

Shame their bedrooms decoration does not enhance the great architectural features of the rooms. Decision needs to be made on the design themes or period for the rooms decoration.

If the aim with the decoration is to achieve family home feel then they need to reflect that rather the shabby mis-matched secondhand furnitures pretending to be antique and stained chintz soft furnishings. Clean room and fittings always win points, but this was not the case here, serious need for better quality management.

Directions: 5 minutes by taxi from Ascot Train Station. Close to Royal Ascot and Golf Tournament Venue

Nearby Brockenhurst Hotel

Brockenhurst Hotel

• Brockenhurst Hotel Ascot

Address: Brockenhurst Road, Ascot, SL5 9HA, GB

Ascot Travel Forum

Need advice about Ascot, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Ascot and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Ascot
BBC Outside Broadcast vehicles.
Transportation