Bagshot Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 0QJ, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• iaint's Profile Photo

give it a miss

Noisy due to booze ups in function suites.
    Rooms tired.
    Public areas scruffy - full of smokers (not allowed in Scotland)
    Had buffet dinner one night - OK
    Breakfasts fine.
    Restaurant staff good.

Unique Quality: In area full of pathways etc, so 5 star for running.

• Synch_X's Profile Photo

The local Hilton

Lying to the South of this Berkshire town, Hilton Bracknell provides a natural base for visiting the area's major corporations, and is ideally positioned for a relaxing trip into beautiful Berkshire countryside. The hotel is also easily accessible from the capital and only 20 minutes from Heathrow.

The hotel has 215 well-appointed, comfortable rooms. Each room is equipped to the highest standards with private bathroom and shower, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee-making facilities and multi-channel satellite television.

Unique Quality: The hotel's restaurant offers traditional food with a modern twist. The hotel also features a continental cafe, Caffe Cino which serves a selection of speciality coffees, filled breads and fresh pastries.

If you want to get away from it all, you don't even have to leave the hotel. They have a health club, you can relax in the sauna and steam room, swim in their heated indoor pool or pamper yourself with a well-deserved session in the solarium. The hotel's modern and well-equipped gym is a great place to work up an appetite before dinner.

Directions: Situated on the A322, on the south side of Bracknell, just a few miles from the M4 and the M3. Heathrow, Slough, Reading, Windsor and Camberley are all within easy reach.

More about Hilton Bracknell

Perfect, great value base for families going to legoland

by TripAdvisor Member Accessmh

Reviews are mixed on this hotel... business travellers saying that it is crap and families saying that it is great value.

I seem to agree with the families! it is brilliant value.

I stayed at the Hilton Bracknell for 3 nights midweek with my son and found it to be very nice...

We booked via the Hilton website and got the B&B rate for £60 (€95) per night (approx £180/€280 total). I did my research and found this hotel to be the best value and only 7 miles from Legoland!

When you go, make sure you ask for a room in the new wing, as the rooms are much bigger and nicer. I unfortunatley got room 219 which was a twin room overlooking the inside courtyard. My son and I couldnt sleep right and had to ask at reception to be moved because there is a noisey rattling aircon unit bolted to the wall outside room 219! They moved us to room 227 on the other side of the wing (so if you go and they give you room 219 - start crying!!!).

The hotel grounds and reception are very nice, but there is signs all over the place notifying car drivers to lock and take sat navs/bags out of their cars, but i saw no problems there during my stay.

The staff are brilliant and they would go out of their way to do things for you, and im not just saying that, they were always nice and pleasent to my son and i during our stay, giving my son lollypops and giving us tips and info on legoland.

Unfortunatley, we didnt get to use the pool due to being out all day, so i cant tell you much about that area!

The dining room is hugh and well presented and the breakfasts (buffet) were fantastic, and had everything from fresh fruit to the biggest sausages i have ever seen! - Just brilliant eating!
Unfortunatley, i cant say the same about the evening meal... we arrived late on our first day and had dinner in the dining room on the first night... i dont know if it was because i arrived late into the dining room (about 9pm), but my steak meal was rubbish and the kids meal that my son had, had soggy chips and rock hard chicken nuggets. To be honest... i thought the breakfast the next morning was going to be the same, but as already stated, i was delighted to see that wasnt the case! needless to say, we didnt eat an evening meal there again.

I am planning a trip to legoland again in two years time and i will be considering the hilton bracknell again for that trip.

You will see a lot of bad reviews from business travellers, but i think that they are just annoyed that their offices booked them into a hotel in Bracknell! Apart from having to move room after the first night, i am happy with my experience.

For families, this place is ideal and great value for money and with the sainsburys over the road... what more could you need.

Hope this helps!

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member Ynca

Never, ever again. This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had on a business trip; maybe even ever.

The place is dingy and grubby with the overpowering pong of shake 'n' vac which must be an attempt to mask underlying smells resulting from poor cleaning and maintenance.

Single bed rooms are tiny and cramped with beds only suitable for children.

The rooms have paper thin walls. This was particularly unfortunate as there was a raucous and unruly confernce group staying there while we were there,who ran up and down the corridors all night, banging on other people's doors - including mine. I complained to reception 4 times and nothing was done about it -although they said they told the group to quieten down, nothing changed. Consequently I got about 2 hours' sleep in advance of an important meeting the following day.

I complained again at reception next morning, but due to long delays in checkout (despite it being a simple overnight stay with noextras), our taxi had arrived before I could escalate to management,which was told would involve waiting another 10 mins as there was no manager around before 9. The reception staff were of the passive agressive type, and there was no attempt to apologise or make amends in any way. I was furious and wrote a follow up letter on my return, which was ignored -at least I have never had any response.

I will never stay there again and will strongly recommend that others do not, either. My colleagues shared the same view.

Great value family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member IanoMcD

We have just returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised with it. I had read the reviews here and they were mixed, but seemed to be mostly positive. I had some initial anxiety about the hotel and the quality of the (family) room that we would get as I drove there from Heathrow. But my fears were completely needless and, for the price we paid, I have little to complain about.

I had read the reviews about rowdy conference groups (which you will get anywhere) and shoddy furnishings, but nowhere is perfect. Anyway, here is my review:

Our family room was not huge, when all the beds were in place, but it was perfectly adequate for our needs. It had a massive bed (the size of two singles put together) for myself and herself (all of us could have slept in it); a double sofa bed for the two older kids (a bit springy but adequate for their age and weight) and a cot for our 15-month-old. Lots of pillows, lots of towels, lots of cups and tea/coffee stuff. Also had a fridge which was very handy for food and drink, which we got from the Sainsburys across the road. The bathroom was clean and had a shower that I would rate as above average - I usually judge a hotel by its showers! And OK the room was at the far end of the hotel but someone has to sleep there!

We got a free newspaper every morning, and information put under our door about local family activities.

The restaurant was fabulous: a vast selection of hot and cold food for breakfast: cereals; a variety of breads and pastries; the usual hot breakfast fare plus extras (beans, mushrooms, haggis, cumberland sausages, a variety of eggs); fruit and juices.

Dinner in the evening was also ideal. The restaurant is very child tolerant (as is the hotel generally) and we had a clean, good condition high chair for the baby. On our first night eating there they had a kiddies buffet with the usual nuggets, chips, pizza etc. And on our second night eating there they had a full kiddies menu with more healthy options, and a wider choice that included pasta, and salmon.

The buffet for the adults on both nights was excellent, with a wide choice including beef/lamb, chicken, fish and vegetarian options. The restaurant staff were very helpful, and interacted with the kids. Whenever we needed something we got it. And they went out of their way to accomodate.

The leisure facility seems good - we only used it for the pool, and on one evening. They have a family changing room which is very spacious and ideal for our needs.

The hotel is easy to find, using the directions on their website, and it is clearly visible from the main road as you approach. Its location was perfect for us as we wanted to get to Legoland and Windsor, which were less than 25 minutes away.

If you pushed me to highlight any faults I would just say:
- I would have preferred not to have had to walk through the (quite smelly) smoking rooms corridor en route to our bedroom, and
- I got a bottle of wine that was a younger vintage than that advertised in the wine menu.
But I am only being very picky.

Would we stay there again - MOST DEFINITELY!

Horrible!

by TripAdvisor Member scruffty

I stayed here in October 2006 as I was attending a training course near by, but I didn't get the agreed preferential rates from the course organiser so I paid over the odds for a room! I also didn't opt for the £15 breakfast!!!!
Anyway, the hotel is worn and tired. I was in a better block as the hotel got nicer the further I walked down the corridor. The window was broken open and I could hear boy racers tearing up and down the Bracknell Road all night.
I got back late-ish to the hotel and had a bar dinner (I didn't eat in the over fancy expensive ala carte restaurant) and two pints of Stella.
I woke up at 1 in the morning very poorly. Obviously something I had eaten or drunk had disagreed with me. I ended up having little sleep and was woken by a fire alarm. I had to go outside in the freezing cold and it turned out to be a false alarm!
When checking out I mentioned I was ill - I was given a slight, insincere apology but I was told I should have told them at the time. I explained it was the last thing on my mind to phone up reception and let them know! She said there was nothing she could do about it! I also filled out a complaints form but this has not been auctioned.
I wouldn't stay here again because the staff were unhelpful, my complaint was not acknowledged and it wasn't very nice! I wouldn’t wish this upon anyone!

Ghastly

by TripAdvisor Member safarimad

A very poor chain hotel obviously catering to the captive corporate market in the area. Abysssmal reception from front office staff - obviously only used to dealing with conference groups and not individuals - poor food; very, very expensive houise wine (poor quality as well!) and actually nothing to recommend the hotel at all. Avoid!

Pleasant hotel and nice leisure club

by TripAdvisor Member bustle

A pleasant hotel on the outskirts of Bracknell.

Room was upgraded to a 'Plaza' which is in the new block, attached to the original building and is a fair walk from reception/entracce area especially if you have a lot of luggage (luckily we didn't)

Staff we encountered were friendly and professional. Restaurant dinner (either buffet or a la carte) we opted for the buffet which was good but felt the ambience was a bit flat, well it was until my partner ( a hospital doctor) had to assist a diner who appeared to collapse in her seat.

The duty manager and GM were very grateful to him for his medical help and delivered a botle of red wine to our room the next day. (A nice touch)

Excellent breakfast buffet as usual and lots of choice.

Leisure club good with large swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Not too busy either when I went between 6-7pm.

Overall a comfortable hotel a few minutes drive from the centre of Bracknell (which we didn't rate particularly highly!)

The greatest dump I have ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member Marcon101

This place is hard to describe. It is truely the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in - I'm not ever sure where i should start. The furniture was falling apart, the lock didn't work on the door, the bath has so much hair caught in the drain the water wouldn't drain away properly, the toilet wasn't flushed properly (so much so there was a little dump left floating in the water ready to greet me when I arrived and I found toe nail clippings on the floor. Need I say more - AVOID this place like the plague

Formulaic roadhouse

by TripAdvisor Member ARDNAHOE

We stayed over at this Hilton chain - mistakenly thinking we had booked into the Wokingham version. The walk in the ample grounds was a bit short-lived : they comprise the carpark. If you are looking for a bed near Ascot or taking the kids to Legoland at Windsor, this might recommend itself simply due to location (immediately off the motorway) but we found it formulaic and none to cheap (sadly not unusual in the UK). Externally, it looks like a Travellodge -pleasant enough lobby though it can crowd up at night as guests go for dinner (there is not much competition locally). Rooms are small but clean and there is little sign of much wear and tear - except on the stairs where carpets were badly worn.We also noticed graffiti in the gym of all places - heavily frequented by locals. Again, small gym and pool given the room - rate. Very uninspiring and pedestrian restuarant. The next curtains cloak the carriageway views but the odd layout and decor have nothing to recommend them. When we ate there was a Spanish themed buffet menu -more Fawlty Towers than Seville. The mainly migrant staff are very helpful and pleasant within the constraints of a formula hotel and portion control. With internet access at £15 a pop, movie rental £9.95 and a glass of mediocre vino tinto £7.95 the extras soon add up. Had we been able to find somewhere nearby with a bit more character - we'd have gone there instead.

Comments