Old Bath Road, Charvil, , Berkshire, RG10 9RJ, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

More about Reading

RailAir Bus At Reading StationRailAir Bus At Reading Station

Binge-MoskitoBinge-Moskito

In the days when HP meant biscuits, not printersIn the days when HP meant biscuits, not printers

Abbey RuinsAbbey Ruins

beelte and wedge restuarant moulsford

by Lindamd

has anyone eaten here recently? We have been many times in the past but not for several years. I wanted to take my husband there for his 50th birthday in april but the only review I could find on the net was from last november and it was dire! I don't wnat to book a special night out if it has gone downhill, but the setting is lovely ,we will be mooring outside for the night if we go, and we have fond memories of the place. Any restuarant can have a bad night but I would apppreciate some recent review of the place.Many thanks Linda

Re: beelte and wedge restuarant moulsford

by byblyofyle

Hi
a group of 7 of us ate there twice last year and really enjoyed it. On both occasions we asked to be sat where there was a nice view of the river and it was fabulous. Service was good, although they got my veggie son's order wrong they quickly put it right. We told them it was my mother-in-law's birthday and as a surprise they brought her a meringue dessert with a candle on the top! They didn't charge us for this. Food is good, particularly fish and meat. Little bit pricey for a family, but hey, it was a special occasion. i'd recommend it. There's also the Letherne bottle on the other side of the river, but i haven't eaten there for years.

Travel Tips for Reading

There is a Kebab Shop on the...

by Robby

There is a Kebab Shop on the main road from the Railway Station heading past the Holiday Inn into Caversham. They do really good value food, esp. kebabs and the best thing is to pick a really hot summer's day to take it down to the Riverside to eat and just watch the world go by.

Best pint of Fullers in town

by KennetRose about The Butler

A proper pub, just like a pub ought to be but all too often these days isn't. A good place to get into conversation with people when you're at a loose end. Informal live music on Monday evenings and terrific Fullers beer. Come as you are. Unless you've just got out of the bath, that is!

Oscar Wilde Walk (Chestnut Walk)

by easyoar

It may seem a little bizarre to recommend strolling past the side of a prison, but Chestnut Walk (more recently renamed Oscar Wilde Walk) is a very pleasant stroll along the Kennet and Avon Canal. At one end is Hombase, and the other end the Abbey Ruins and a very short walk to Forbury Gardens. A nice time to walk along is late September when the conkers are starting to fall but the leaves are still on the trees.

The name Oscar Wilde Walk is taken from the time when Reading Gaol hosted Oscar Wilde for the 'offence' of "laying down with another man".

I live in Reading

by sanzo

I have been living in Reading for the last 4 years. What can I say about it? If I could choose, I would live in London, because I love city-life... but my work place is located West London and Reading the is biggest town between London and Bristol... and only 10 mins far from the office! :)

It has plenty of restaurants, shops, cinemas, University and loads of IT companies. It is relative close to both London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports, and easy to get there by public transport.

Comments