Copthorne Hotel Slough Windsor

Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

More about Copthorne Hotel Slough Windsor

Nice Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member CornishlassCornwall

Visiting family over the Christmas break i need to stay in Slough and due to price found myself and partner at the Copthorne hotel.
Slough we knew to be very industrial and expected a very basic business style hotel, but the prices were right and we didn't plan to hang out at the hotel. What we found was very comfortable and clean rooms. The staff were extremly helpful and made us very welcome. Food portions were rather large - value for money, breakfast being the highlight. Would reccommend if you don't want to feel like just another guest. Thank You.

Characterless business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NoHope4This1

Have stayed here a couple of times while visiting Slough on business and I'm sorry to say the hotel is pretty dire. The fundamental problem is the hotel is absolutely without any character whatsoever. The rooms are featureless, there are no mini bars and nothing is provided, instead everthing has to be ordered up as room service.
The beds and bed linen are poor quality and uncomfortable, and the bar and reception areas extremely bland. Food from room service and the Retrouve Cafe is very bland and uninteresting.
There are positives too though, I found all the staff friendly and helpful, and Turners restaurant was a huge improvement, the food there was of good quality and very enjoyable.
Overall though the Marriotts are better, but for anyone visiting on holiday I'd most certainly suggest you look elsewhere.

A non-smoking hotel - with a room that stank of smoke...

by TripAdvisor Member CheshireGenealogist

We needed a one night stop in the area, but wanted a bit of extra comfort, so thought that a business-type hotel would be well-run, have plenty facilities, but might be a bit impersonal.
We booked a non-smoking family room, and when we arrived there were notices around the hotel stating that it was totally non-smoking.
The worst problem in a problem-filled stay was that the room smelled very badly of smoke - so much that it could not have been caused by just one cigarette, but more likely by one or more people using it as a smoking room, perhaps to get round the smoking ban.
It took over an hour, and three phone calls, to get housekeeping up, and they said they could spray a bit of air-freshener round, but nothing else, and they had no spare rooms.
In this time, we also had a problem with the room key, and discovered that if the TV was switched off, rather than left on stand-by, it had to be rebooted. Getting those problems sorted out took more than one call, and were fixed with very poor grace.
(Incidentally, the so-called radio service in the rooms has a dreadful selection of radio stations, all of which were unknown to me - a radio addict.)
Breakfast was mediocre: the cold items were adequate (though the smoked salmon tasted rather strange), but the cooked items were dried out, tough and tasteless.
Dinner in the grill was actually rather good. Simple menu, good ingredients well-cooked. This was the only bright spot in a dismal, unwelcoming stay.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member carolinecag

I stayed at the Copthorne for one night on business and arrived after a long journey at 8pm. I was astonished to find that the lift did not go as far as the underground car park where I had left my car and so guests are faced with the alternative of carrying luggage up several flights of stairs or back up the ramps used by cars. You could, of course, park at the front entrance and drop your luggage off there, but how would you know that this was necessary?

When I arrived at reception and asked if I was correct that there was no lift to the car park one member of staff didn't know and the manager said no with a complete lack of interest.

Then my problems began, as the hotel had no record of my booking and was packed with people attending an athletics event. I was eventually begrudgingly given a room by the manager because I managed to produce my faxed confirmation of the booking.

I think that they had to give me an upgrade as no other rooms were available and I was actually given another gusets room (beware of checking in late) which was very spacious and like a mini-suite with a sofa.

I did not receive either my wake up call or my newspaper as requested. The lack of the wake up call could have been disastrous, as I was running a course for 22 people that day.

The room itself was very good and the location (next to the M4) is excellent. It is just a shame that this is let down by surly, inefficient, unhelpful staff. The same (female) manager was there at check out and again did not manage so much as a smile. When I commented that I had not received my call or newspaper I did not receive an apology, just an impatient reprinting of my bill.

Very good and functional hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mjones63

The hotel is relatively new and was ideally situated for our business this week.
The rooms are clean and very big with all of the facilities a business traveller requires.
Breakfast was good with lots of options to choose from. We also ate in the bar (lunch) with the portions being very genorous and the evening meal at the main Grill was superb (service was a little slow), but the quality of the meal made up for that.
Car parking is very good and free and the hotel has a very good gym and swimming pool.
I would stay here again.

You can do better

by TripAdvisor Member GB003

I was visiting Maidenhead for a week on business and the company booked me into the hotel.
From the start I was not impressed as there was not lift from the carpark I had to carry my bag up the stairs.
The room was small but seemed alright, however I could not get the airconditioner or internet to work.
I went for a walk to check out the facilities and to report the problem with the internet.
The staff on the front desk had changed and were very unhelpful. I was told that the WiFi was not working, so I enquired about other way to connect I was told that I could use the phone line. When I went back to the room yes I could use dial-up, at 40p/min. No thanks.
When I checked out the pool/gym the staff were very unfriendly. They only wanted to chat amongst themselves. I originally was not concerned about the airconditioning but decided to contact housekeeing to check it out. The fixed it easily enough so I enquired about the WiFi. I was told that the hotel had a disagreement with the service provider and it was unlikely to work for the forseeable future. That was the straw that broke the camels back I decided to stay the night and see if I could fine somewhere else for the rest of the week.

Bad location for leisure tourists

by TripAdvisor Member Musselbeard

My boyfriend and I just returned from a one night stay at the Copthorne, and although the hotel itself is nice enough and never had any problems with staff or room issues (the rooms are nothing spectacular but they are clean and comfortable) the hotel location however is very inconvenient for a leisure tourist. The websites and maps I gathered, which there were plenty of, all stated this hotel to be 2km away from Windsor Castle and close to Eton and Windsor! The hotel however is in the worst possible loction, as we never had a car there is no way of accessing the hotel. It is off the main motorway with no pedestian footpaths or crossings. This came after almost 2 hours of walking. The hotel is in no way 2km from Windsor, I thought if it was that close we can still walk to and from the hotel and see the senery en-route. The hotel is more likely a 5km walk and is in Slough itself - so you have to catch a taxi into Eton / Windsor. I don't understand why the name of the hotel is Slough - Windsor because it is seriously just in SLOUGH and public transport is needed to get anywhere near Windsor!

Relaxing & convenient hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BXY

We wanted to spend a few days in Windsor and found the Copthorne at Slough to be comfortable, convenient and relaxing, staff couldn't do enough to make sure we enjoyed our stay. It was a pleasant surprise to find Brian Turners restaurant at he hotel, fantastic menu & service. Will definately go back

Over priced, not a 4 star!

by TripAdvisor Member GreenGem

The hotel has 2 eating areas, one Turners serves mundane steak at high prices, the other the cafe serves very strange and not very good oriental food plus some standard dishes. Room service is the sandwich and chips type menu.

Rooms are basic hotel type offerings, TV is free for view menu with poor reception. Radio offerings are ones I have never heard of, no standard UK stations

Bathrooms are a bit shabby

I stay there as I work nearby so at least it is convienient.

The staff are nice and do try but fail to meet what I would think would be a 4 star standard.

Thank you!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Wales75

Stayed with my wife in December - Thank you!
Really enjoyed our stay - loved the pool - excellent access to Windsor for shopping! Dinner in Turners on our second night was excellent! A real treat for us! Breakfast great - lots of choice - really releaxed - Thank you to all of the staff that made our stay so great. We will be back in the summer with the kids for Legoland! THANK YOU!!

Comments