Mill Street, Slough, SL2 5DD, United Kingdom

Costs 85% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Express Slough

Not a bad Holiday inn Express

by TripAdvisor Member Steve5839

Stopped over at this hotel as part of an extensive business trip in the South West, had a little trouble finding it as its off the main street, but as always the sat - nav prevailed and
I got there. The car park was empty (I arrived at 11.00 pm) and got a parking space, must have been lucky. As for noise referred to by other guests, I did not hear any train noise and slept well and I was on the railway side.

My room was clean, breakfast is a continental style and the bar shuts at 12.00 midnight, but hey it’s not somewhere to stop if you are after a “hotel” experience.

Would I stop there again, why not?

Central location: not car friendly

by TripAdvisor Member ExpatComfortLover

Situated centrally right in the centre of Slough behind the station this hotel is nevertheless not obvious nor easy to find if arriving by car. It has very little parking of its own (+- 26 spaces for a sizeable hotel) though there is a station car park virtually next door but which costs approx 7 UKL per night.
The staff were welcoming and very helpful and the triple glazed air conditioned rooms clean and pleasant.
Evening meals were available and tasty though portion sizes were rather modest. The breakfast buffet was however very good.

Great Hotel With Easy Access to Windsor And LegoLand

by TripAdvisor Member muzzza

This Hotel is situated next to train station and five minutes from bus station so for us who dont drive this hotel is highly recomended.
The hotel staff were very pleasant and cheerful when we booked into the hotel and nothing was to much bother for any of them.
The overall look of the hotel was very new and modern and the very clean.
Sky news was playing on the giant screen in the bar come restaurant so you could keep up to date with the news.

The Rooms were very nice and the beds were very comfy and we had a good nights sleep.(the two boys slept on the pull out sofa bed)
The bath room had Power shower with seperate toilet which is good when their is four of you in one room.
also had tea and coffee making fercillities and the tv had all different channels including kids channels to keep the children amused whilst we were getting ready to go out.
We didnt eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on how good or bad the food was.
Overall My family and myself enjoyed our stay and would return again.

Don't drive to this one , 144 rooms and only 24 spaces in the car park

by TripAdvisor Member tmadmaxx

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Slough for 5 nights , and then again for a final night after travelling up North for a few days.
The first five were ok , the room was decent , but right near the train station, so light sleepers should request a room on the North Side , that is if you dare to stay here after reading this review.
We(my better half and I) had a few gripes about the rooms size , but as the name implies its an Express so no complaints please , besides , the rate was decent and we weren't here for the view.The things we disliked about the room , were 1. the fact that the room key card was required to be inserted into a slot near the main light switch to keep the power on. Great for saving energy , but not so good if one of you wants to leave the room while the other , say , takes a shower? Well if you take the key out to let yourself back in without having to knock , your other half will soon find him or herself showering , in the dark.Thats because the power goes off about 30 seconds after removing the room key. Just long enough for you to get far enough away from the room so as not to hear those screams of fear from a woman who now thinks you intentionally turned the lights off before you left and is waiting in the dark behind the bed with a clothes hangar to beat you sensless. Another thing , and yes we realize that this is a safty code requirement , buts its a damn STUPID one , is that there is no plug anywhere in the bathroom , which is where the mirror is , so one can plug in a hair dryer. In fact , there was a mirror in the entry , but alas , no plug there either , so she couldn't flat iron her hair with a mirror , that is until I realized that the chrome tissue cover in the bathroom was removeable and made a handy makeshift mirror , but still , 2 strikes from the ladies for fouling up their getting ready routine. Also , the bathroom door closed off the toilet and the entire bathroom depending on if it was open or closed . Its difficult to explain , but if you stay here you'll see how annoying it is and see how many times you nip your finger in the door. 3. and the final straw for us , was the last night we stayed there. We had been in Newcastle for a few days and after an 8 hour , traffic jammed drive found ourselves turning into the parking lot at the hotel , only to find not a single space to park. Weary as we were , we parked near the door just to check in and see where we should park. The girl behind the desk said we could park on the west side of the hotel in the rail station parking lot , which would cost 8 pounds for an all night ticket,available at the train station. So I walked to the train station , and to my surprise I found a conductor who was kind enough to send me all the way over the bridge to the other side to see his colleague about the pass. I was promptly told by said colleague that the ticket office had closed at 5 and since it was 6 the only ticket I could get was from the machine and it would only be good until midnight. Trying to find a suitable parking space where I was sure I wouldn't get clamped or towed took nearly an hour but I couldnt take any chances as we had to be at Heathrow in the morning for our flight back to LA. I could rant for days about that , but what really got me was the fact that the hotel has 144 rooms , and marked in the hotel parking lot are exactly 24 spaces , with several unmarked areas people managed to squeeze thier cars in to. I found this utterly unacceptabe and wish to mention that whoever planned that , or approved it , is a complete and utter buffoon. After an 8 hour drive , to have to go through the insanity of trying to find a parking spot when all you want to do is find a bed is why I give this hotel the big thumbs down. Apart from the fact that it costs about $25 in train and tube fare to get into central London and return , and the ridiculously lame parking situation , its an ok place to stay.

Excellent Location & Value

by TripAdvisor Member DP25

We were on a weekend trip to London and cheap London All Zones tickets of less than £7 return make this an ideal location being next door to Slough Station - no need to drive into London.
The Rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff very friendly & heplful and if you book in advance you can get some great rates (we paid less than £50 a night). With regard to the last review if you ask they will give you two room card keys so one person can stay in the room with the lights on whilst the other is out!
We didn't eat at the Hotel in the evenings, a 10 minute walk takes you into the town centre with plenty of choices, but the continental breakfast was fine.

Great location for Legoland and Windsor

by TripAdvisor Member beerdrum

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express at Slough - conveniently located next to the train station. After a day at Legoland we will still raring to go so we caught the train to Windsor (6 mins) and approx £2 return off-peak (on advice of very helpful receptionists). Could not fault this hotel for value for money, cleanliness and efficiency. Receptionists were excellent and so helpful and the room was just as expected, very clean and functional. This is a relatively new hotel and is very contemporary. Plenty of parking when we visited so no problems there and lovely continental breakfast laid out very nicely in the morning. Perfect stay for £45 per night for a family of four - you wont find better value than that for the service you receive.

Excellent base for legoland weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Salbo

This hotel is approx 5 miles from Legoland and near to Windsor and Ascot. It would also serve as a very cheap option for a london break as the railway station in right next door and trains into London take about 20 mins (although we heard absolutely NO NOISE from the trains!). The hotel is spotlessly clean and all the fittings/furnishings new. When I requested extra pillows they were brought within 5 minutes. The room was a bit cramped with the sofa bed out for the kids but adequate and the bathroom area was fine ( big shower). Breakfast buffet was pastries, cereal, fruit, toast and jam. Evening menu is limited however, and Slough high st has just a few fast food outlets and pizza express etc. We had no problem finding a space in the car park. Would def use this hotel again for price/location.

Great upper-cheap hotel, perfect for short stays

by TripAdvisor Member marie_city

While I support independently run hotels, I would always recommend this chain for a first trip to an area, or if you can't find reviews on smaller hotels. If the room is booked in advance, there are cheaper prices available, putting this chain ahead of other hotels on the cheaper end of the market. Rooms are clean, the breakfast is decent enough, nothing special but a good start to the day. The shared area is kept clean and tidy and I have always found the service as helpful.
This branch is near the train station, but not so close that the noise will intrude on your night's sleep. Have stayed previously and I am likely to stay there again if I visit the area again.

Dicey neighborhood, but absolutely great value

by TripAdvisor Member rlslaw

We were driving, and it's a bit tricky to find. A cell phone call for better directions solved the problem after we had driven up and down Mill Street without finding it: "After you turn on Mill Street, you need to make the first right turn on the OTHER Mill Street, and you'll find us."

The neighborhood was a bit dicey, but the hotel itself was very nice; and the staff was exceedingly nice. One downside was that the parking lot was extremely small, and we were forced to park in the adjoining train station lot for 7 quid. On the other hand, if arriving by train, it'd be a great hotel!

The room was well furnished with a strange, but way cool, blue night light in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding and choice of firm or soft pillows. And very uncommon, the bed had great individual reading lights. One other strange thing: to turn on electricity in the room, one had to insert the electronic room key card into a special slot by the door. Finally, there was a nice furnished continental breakfast in a nice dining room.

Great Stay.

by TripAdvisor Member dontgetrippedoff

Had a real good time,Great rooms,Very clean and tidy,Staff were fine,Breakfast ok,Free parking,no to far out for winsor legoland and M4.Would stay again.

Comments