Calder Way, Horton Road, Colnbrook, Slough, SL3 0AT, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5

Pleasantly suprised !!

by TripAdvisor Member scruffymonkey

Just returned from an overnight stay at the Travelodge Terminal 5 and after reading some of these reviews I was somewhat apprehensive on arrival. However I was pleasantly suprised and found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, comfortable and extremely good value for money.-we paid £29 for two people. Check in and out was very quick and friendly.

Granted there are none of the usual extras like shampoo, hairdryers but then if there were the price would go up, those people expecting all the usual hotel trimmings might be better off paying the higher prices on offer elsewhere. The rooms are perfectly adequate for a one night stay, clean and comfortable and equipped with t.v and tea and coffee facilities-what more do you need ?!

We chose to stay at this hotel as we arrived late to teminal 4 and had an early morning flight the next day from Terminal 5. On arrival to terminal 4 we took the free heathrow Express to Terminal 5 and got the Hotel Hoppa bus (Route H57-Stand 27 T5 Bus terminal for those interested !) straight to the door it was very straightforward and only cost £8 return which considering you'd pay £25 one way in a taxi is not bad at all. The journey only took 7 minutes and the bus runs every 20 minutes.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for an overnight stay if you have an early or late night flight from/to T5 though personally think its fine for the the other terminals too especially if you can get a good rate.

What a shocker

by TripAdvisor Member MrsmacShropshire

My partner and I have just returned from London and stayed at this travel lodge. It is awful.
It might be cheap but so are the Premier travel Inn chain and Holiday Inn Express and there is no comparison.
£5 for car parking plus vat (I've stayed in hotels at terminal 4 and had 15 days free parking)- £10 to check in early plus vat even though the room was ready and we had arrived 1 hr earlier than expected. No iron - no hotel and district information in the room- no phone - so we couldn't even call reception. We collected our towel at reception on check in - 1 tiny bar of soap - 3 pillows for a double bed. The list is endless, and then to top it all breakfast is served until 11.00 supposedly, but when we came down at 10.30 there was nothing there, and there was not even a cup to put coffe into.
Can you imagine coming in from Australia after 30hrs of travelling time, and staying the night here before travelling on to Cornwall? Nightmare is the only way to describe it. My first and last time at a Travel Lodge if this is an example.

Very cheap, and very cheerful!

by TripAdvisor Member sam_vasu

I reckon some of the reviews on here are a tad harsh... Stayed one night here and really can't complain.

Reception was helpful, and the check in process was quick and easy. Car parking was terrible! We had to pay £5 for one night. Didn't have any problem finding a space, but I think we were lucky as in the morning every single ounce of space was taken. They need to do something about the parking situation urgently!

The hotel is extremely new, and I found the decor very modern and fresh. Yes, the rooms are very basic, but are a good size, and you get a flatscreen TV/Radio and coffee/tea-making facilities (which I hadn't expected to see).

Didn't use the hotel bar/café, as it didn't look to have much of an atmosphere, but there is a really nice local pub about 5min walk down the road.

Overall, the thing that drew us to stay here was the price - it was very very good value - and was only a short drive from the centre of Windsor. The hotel itself was fairly basic, but was modern, clean and had everything you needed (who needs a hotel phone these days?!). The one thing that let this hotel down, in my eyes, was the dreadful parking situation. You should not have to pay £5 for one night! And there should be more spaces, too.

But, as I said... it was damn good value!

Please Don't!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bec4

You get what you pay for with Travelodge and expect no frills but......... what you don't expect is that your room will look out onto a travellers sight.Yep caravans,shouting,singing and dogs going mad well into the early hours of the morning.Iwent to complain-2.00am,no one on reception-meant to be 24 hours!! When I emailed my complaint to Travelodge customer service champions(YES HONESTLY THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE CALLED) They redirected me to someone at the hotel who was no help whatsoever.He actually made me feel I was lying!!! Please dont stay here you will not have a good night!

Not as bad as some reviews say

by TripAdvisor Member jel79

We were a bit wary after reading some of the reviews, but booked anyway as it was perfect to get easily to Terminal 4. We arrived early to ensure we got a carpark, and later when we went out to dinner, had no problems finding another. We stayed on a friday night.
We booked a family room for the same price as a double and it provided plenty of room for our toddler to run around in. The room was clean and comfortable. The only thing lacking was a phone and a fridge (we thought a family room might have this to store milk etc for our baby).
As you would expect with an airport hotel, you can hear the planes taking off and landing, although it didnt concern us at all. It wasnt loud enough that you had to turn the tv up or talk louder so after a short while it just became a noise like cars on a busy street.
Breakfast was busy, and there was nothing wrong with the food served, everything was fresh and hot.
We drove to T4 and Im glad as the lobby was packed with people waiting for the bus. If you are a family travelling with alot of luggage Id probably recommend a taxi...

by TripAdvisor Member westchez3

Stayed in family room 3 nights as base for Legoland Windsor.

We paid £29 a night - so very cheap, as this is a new hotel, things all nice and new.

Checkin easy, all pre-paid, biggest criticism, was the room on 1st day not cleaned and towel had hole in it. Also keycard reset each day, but not told of this so trapsed to room, couldn't get in, had to wait in reception for key to be reset. We complained as not happy with lack of cleaning of room and lack of requested extra towels, glasses not removed, left dirty. The manager and reception staff, could not be more apologetic and we received a refund of one night, without a fuss

We ate in hotel for dinner and breakfast 1 night and this was acceptable and fairly reasonable

Very convenient

by TripAdvisor Member CEWEngland

I stayed at this Travelodge on a Saturday night as I had an early flight on the Sunday morning. It is in a very convenient location just off the M25, and only 10 minutes from Terminals 1-3.

This is a newly built Travelodge with a great bar/restaurant facility on the ground floor. My room was clean and had everything I needed (with the exception of a hairdryer). For £29, it was fantastic value and I can highly recommend it.

My one criticism would be lack of signage to the carpark - one simple sign would, I'm sure, have saved many guests a lot of hassle!

You Pay for what you get

by TripAdvisor Member bassing-jersey

You cannot review this hotel as if it was a five star hotel. It is a travel lodge and at £29 a night is great value. We stayed here before travelling on a flight the following morning.

The room was clean and quiet, reception staff were friendly and helpful and the food served in the restaurant was fine. If you expect anything else do not stay here.

The coach to terminal 5 runs every 20 minutes and was very convenient. I cannot fault this hotel for the price and what value it others

Good hotel - but get there early for parking

by TripAdvisor Member scottcabal

Overall I was very pleased with this hotel. We stayed here as it was a good, cheap hotel conveniently near Twickenham Stadium where we were going to a concert. It has a few problems but nothing really caused a problem for us.

We arrived half hour early (check in is 3 unless you pay extra for early check in) but they let us check in straight away. The woman on the front desk was really friendly too, joking about things etc. She also let us park in the car park for free while we got ready to go out to Twickenham instead of paying for the parking - saying we could just do it when we came back.

When we got back the ticket barrier was broken so we had to go to reception and pay. This wasn't obvious but was quick when we found out where we had to go.

It's pretty much under the heathrow flightpath so you could hear aircraft taking off from 6am onwards but this didn't cause much of a problem. I guess they've noise-proofed the room as much as is economically possible considering it was £29 for 3 adults in the room.

We pre-booked breakfast. It was pretty basic but hot, clean and very filling. Basically you could have toast, cereal, yoghurt, tea / coffee and a selection from the breakfast buffet - sausages, bacon, eggs, tomato etc.

I only really have 2 real complaints with the place. The first being that it's hard to find the entrance. The entrance is through an industrial estate but if you're coming from the M25 there are no signs until you go down the correct road. Tip - if you're coming from the M25 turn off the roundabout and go down the road next to the hotel. Ignore the first turning with a turning lane and it's down the second turning and carry on going... then you see the signs.

The second complaint is that the car parking was pretty bad. On the web site it says parking was extremely limited. It seems theyve remedied this by putting up a extra 2 levels of car parking on top of the original ground floor one. All fine... but the exit is ridiculously bad. We have a fairly small Fiat Punto and we had to reverse up the ramp to be able to line up properly coming down the ramp. If we didn't do this, or if we had a bigger car then we would have damaged our paintwork on the wall - judging by the rainbow of colours on the concrete this is common. A piece of advice.... park on the ground level but if you have to park on an upper level and have a bigger car then just get somebody to stand at the bottom of the ramp and use the entrance as an exit or you will damage your car.

Overall though I was pleased with this travelodge. People on here have been moaning that they didn't get things like fridges and all the extras but this is not what the travelodge is for - it's a no-frills and cheap place to stay. I use them all the time and have only been disappointed with one of them. This is a fairly new hotel anyway... and is better than many.

Awful first impressions

by TripAdvisor Member HelenSE1

I haven't actually stayed there because I had problems even trying to book a night at this hotel.

First of all, if you don't have internet access then you'll have to call the 0871 number. You have a choice of going to the reception or go through the automated system to book the room. I did the latter, until it asked you to state the surname for the booking followed by the spelling of the surname. However, with a non-English surname, the system didn't recognise it and asked you to say someting like "Jones, J-O-N-E-S". Er, hello, not everyone have English surnames, particularly not for people who are looking to stay near one of the largest international airports in the world!

I then thought of going through to the hotel reception to make the booking. After about 20 minutes someone finally answered the phone, and I was told to either book online or go through the automated system. The hotel reception does not actually take any bookings or cancellations. You might wonder what else they'd do in their spare time, and it's definitely not answering calls.

Well, not a good start, and not sure if I want to book with them now.

Comments