Beaumont House Windsor

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 27% less but rated 16% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Tdiver's Profile Photo

An unusual place.

Didn't look much like a bed and breakfast but call and find out if they still take guests.
    10 minute walk away.

Directions: Walk down Peascod street and keep going past the lights,past the big Cedar tree and take the next road on your left.It's at the end on the right hand side,opposite the Church and graveyard.

More about Beaumont House Windsor

Fantastic weekend at Beaumont House!

by TripAdvisor Member StevenTurner

We have just returned from a weekend away at Beaumont House. We were looking for a relaxing break away, and that was exactly what we got. When we checked in the bubbly receptionist informed us of all the facilities, including squash courts, tennis courts, leisure club and games room. But what we enjoyed most was the tranquility of sitting on the patio overlooking the acres of land (although the weather could have been better). The rooms are a small walk away from reception, but if you put this aside the bedrooms are of a very good standard and spotlessness clean. We didn’t stay for dinner, as we went into Windsor, which is only a short taxi ride away. We did enjoy a huge breakfast the following morning and again all the staff that we came into contact with could not do enough to accommodate us with some of our individual requests. Overall the weekend was very relaxing, and we will certainly be returning.

Lovely Stay For One Night

by TripAdvisor Member Muldr4Scly

We had our (late) work christmas party held at Beaumont House recently. Quite a few people stayed the night. I think the room reviews will vary a lot, depending on who stayed in “superior” rooms and who was in “standard” rooms. We phoned the hotel to get discounted rates. When I phoned I asked if we could have a standard twin room and was told the twin rooms were only available as superior. We booked a standard room. I was a bit worried because they never asked for any credit card details and their computer system was down. I was told they would put the details on the computer when it was working. I phoned up again about a week later to confirm the booking had gone through and they had no record of it! Rebooked the room and requested an email confirmation, just in case.

When we arrived I enquired if we could have a room near to a friend. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We were very lucky to be given a free upgrade to a superior room opposite our friend (who also had a superior room). The room was lovely and spacious with a desk, table and chairs. Also a nice flat screen TV. We were very pleased with our room and I expected a lot worse from reading previous reviews. I am glad we chose to stay here as we had considered staying somewhere else nearby. The only problem we had with the room was the bath/shower. The glass panel which converted the bath into a shower, did not stay in place which meant water would leak onto the floor. Even holding the glass panel whilst showering did not help. I don’t know if ours was faulty or if others have had the same problem. Checkout time was supposed to be 10am however it is possible to change it to 12 if you let reception know in advance (no extra cost).

Also if your travelling down by car - when you take the immediate right into Burfield Road, the turning for Beaumont House is straight away on the left. We drove past and then had to reverse back! Also one of our friends put the postcode into their satnav and it directed them to completely the wrong place. It is worth parking outside the reception and leaving your luggage in the car. There are various buildings and about 4 car parks. You are told when you check-in where to park the car. The hotel is large and they give you a much needed map! We did not find it was far to walk from the superior rooms building to reception (along a covered walkway), however others in the standard accommodation did mention it was quite a walk.

Service non-existant

by TripAdvisor Member keeping_moving1

The Beaumont House is a sprawling compound. At check-in we were told that we just needed to walk down the hall and follow the signs to our room. We had no way of know that it would be a 10-15 minute walk to get to our room from reception. We were carrying luggage and I was wearing heels and I couldn't believe the staff person didn't tell us we should drive to reach our room.

Luckily, the common areas are very nice and there are sofas situated throughout the hotel. This comes in handy when you need to take a rest while walking (hiking) to your room. It's a bit like walking through Heathrow.

The rooms are small, but clean. However, the beds are a disaster. They are so small and uncomfortable that I was forced to sleep on the floor. You feel every spring. On our bed several springs were broken and the whole bed sloped to the side. The hotel places an advertisement in the rooms saying after a good night's rest they will sell you one of their fine mattress toppers. Our bed did not have a mattress topper and we called reception four times between 6pm and 12:30am requesting they put one on our bed. Despite assurances we would be helped, no one ever came. Friends of ours were in the hotel, and they had to wait two hours after requesting an ironing board be sent up. Perhaps housekeeping got lost trekking to our rooms.

All in all, while the staff was friendly, it was not helpful and the service was far below average.

Hated the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member oes

The hotel rooms were some 180m from reception, stairs were encounterd which with a suitcase were difficult. No disabled access to the first floor main conference room. Bar does not open till 7.00pm. Breakfast not available after 9.00 with no alternative offered.. During the evening no staff present at reception so no security for visitors, or access to staff for assistance except via telephone. When outside dinners are booked no bar available for residents.

All in all a very bad experience I will not want to repeat.

OK Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Traveller_From_Herts

Used the hotel for an overnight stay after a business trip to Spain.

Arrived late in the evening when no reception staff on duty and it took some time to find a member of staff to let me have my key.

The hotel is really an enormous conference centre set in very large, well kept grounds, but the snag is that it can be a very long walk from reception to the room. This is not a problem if you arrive by car, but having been dropped by a taxi the trek was not a welcome end to a tiring day (I counted at least 15 doors that I had to struggle through with my luggage to get to the room!). People with mobility problems would be well advised to inform the hotel when making a reservation.

The room was comfortable and a fair size - perfectly OK for one night for a single person, but possible a little cramped for a couple.

The breakfast buffet had a good selection of hot and cold foods, but the arrangement of the tables and chairs clearly catered for large groups rather than single travellers.

With the exception of the problems on arriving at the hotel I found the staff to be attentive, friendly and helpful.

Any moans are from spoilt brats! It was a rest cure. We will return!

by TripAdvisor Member barneyKent

This was a Sat' night away from home to enjoy some peace and quiet, to not have to make the bed, to enjoy a lovely indoor pool (which home lacks!) and to have bar/restaurant facilities on tap.
Although prices were not bargain basement (G&T £4-25) the whole deal was AOK.
I am registered disabled but the wheelchair stayed in the car and with some thought and a caring driver no major problems were apparent. The Lighthouse Hotel is one to avoid !!
+'s are comfy beds, nice en suite, rural location but close to London, plenty of parking, leisure centre, availability!
-'s are limited but if you once worked for any large organisation you will be transported back to the annual conference. But lovely when you wake up!
Booking weekends away is a nightmare but this was one of my better decisions.

Not a great experience

by TripAdvisor Member GPF

We booked this hotel after looking at their website and also previous reviews. The pictures of the hotel from the outside look brilliant- and we were not disappointed with the hotel grounds, there is lots of places to walk, and lots of nice areas to sit outside. The hotel itself, we were disappointed with. The hotel room we were checked in, was like student accomodation, and definately not for two people, so we complained and got upgraded to a superior room. The superior room, from what we could tell, was the same size, but recently refurbished. The rooms were very small and hot- with no air conditioning. We then went down to the bar, where we were advised that bars were closed due to a function, and we had to go to the games room for a drink- which looked a bit like a cellar, fortunately just before we could complain we were told we could use one of the bars. So we got our drinks and then went and enjoyed the outside seating area. We then went for food in the restaurant, which was not busy, because there was a function on- the food was ok, we had to send the starter back because what we asked for did not resemble what we were actually given, but main course was ok. Our second night we walked to the local pub and enjoyed a nice bar meal there. On the positive front because of the sheer size of the hotel, you do not get disturbed by the functions which are on. If you are looking for a romantic weekend this is not the place to go.

Hated it...........

by TripAdvisor Member Cherry16

We arrived to be told that our superior double room was not available and we were given a 'standard' room instead as everything else was totallly booked. I wasn't best pleased as the standard room was the size of a matchbox and we were staying 3 nights. The bathroom looked as if it belonged in an NHS hospital complete with decaying sealant around the bath and bizarrely enough the window!!!

Had our evening meal in the restaurant. We both had chicken and had to send it back, apart from tasting absolutely appalling it was not even cooked throughout. They then had the cheek to add the two meals to our bill at the end.

Needless to say we checked out first thing the next morning where out of thin air they offered to put us in a superior room - the same room which had previously not been available for the entire duration of our 3 night stay!!!!

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Luckily only one night...

by TripAdvisor Member Value4Price-Seeker

In the suburbs of London with quite some noise from the airport, the rooms are located in an youth-hostel style annexe of the nice main building. After moving in my superior room (rates comparable to London city) I had to call someone to clean the bathroom as the toilet and basin was not quite clean. Later a found a hair in my bed... The rooms are dark, breakfast mostly contained standard british breakfast with no service...

Comments