High Wycombe Hotels

Our Members Say

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

I spent too many hours here!: The Play Area at Godstowe

This is where all the kiddies use to run around day in and out. I had to sit on these picnic table benches and watch them, talk with them, cuddle them etc... Not always the most pleasant but it was great sometimes.
Great in the Summer, horrid in the winter.

I use to time the girls to see how fast they could get across the apparatus.....Tiggy usually won!

View of Play Area at the School

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Walker House: My Room

This is my room, I'd say it was pretty nice, don't you think. It saw a lot of visitors......(a few reckless nights, a few drinking parties, birthday decorations, trick or treating, endless TV watching (there's not much to do in Wycombe.....haha)

My decorative ways were wicked.....lots of pictures and stuff to look at - tacky but cozy....

Awe, I Miss my Room

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Godstowe School: My Workplace

I spent everyday minus weekends at this school aiding in the classrooms, covering teaching, coaching athletics, supervising ect. Lots of good times and bad. I miss most of the girls that I taught but I plan to visit them when I return in April.

Richest Prep School in England. Very posh and very snotty little girls (until they get to know and love you)

Front of the School

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

My Villa for a Year: GODSTOWE SCHOOL - Destination Home!

I lived in a room in a boarding house filled with 30 little girls! I was woken every morning at 6:30 to the sound of screaming and slamming doors. I HATED THOSE STUPID FIRE DOORS! After living through all that noise (not to mention being right next to the main street of Amasham Hill) I could deal with anything.

I had a lovely room in comparason to the other girls working at the school. Some of their rooms were like shoeboxes (sorry Jess & Gen) At least I had a brand new TV and water basin in my room. Didn't spend much time in it though - during the better parts of the year.....

My house was located on the school grounds so it was on beautiful grounds. I would often go for runs on the property or play tennis on one of the three courts. They also had a basketball hoop which I put to use (it hadn't seen a ball....EVER)

I spent everyday outdoors on the kids area supervising.

I do not wish it upon anyone to live in a boarding house. (especially when you have a crazy house mistress running the place with an iron fist)

• Written December 20, 2003