732 Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8RS, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Cambridge

Eagle InnEagle Inn

Beautiful buildings dominate the cityBeautiful buildings dominate the city

King's College ChapelKing's College Chapel

Trinity CollegeTrinity College

Sights in Cambridge

by Natalya2006

My daughter and me will be in Cambridge in August 24-26. What is interesting and worth to see?
Thanks in advance.

RE: Sights in Cambridge

by paulinuk2u

everything just enter cambridge into google or look on vt,you can also go to bury st edmonds see the old monastry wensday is also market day

RE: Sights in Cambridge

by christine.j

There are good pages here on VT about Cambridge, especially by mar1956tin. I hope I got his name right.I was there last year and just liked walking around, looking at the colleges. I second the trip to Bury St Edmunds, it's an easy trip by train and the town is beautiful. In fact, I liked it better than Cambridge.

RE: RE: Sights in Cambridge

by Yorkshireman47

Hi Natalya

There are enough things to see in Cambridge to fill your 2-3 days that I do not think that you will have time to go further afield. It really depends on your interests. You must see some of the more notable colleges, especially Kings, there is Fizwilliam Museum, the Botanical Gardens, American Cemetery etc. I would suggest that you start of with a City Tour which will give you a taster of what there is and an idea of where. Most things are within walking distance except the American Cemetery (but if you take the city tour you can get off there and have a walk round then get back on again). You might like to try a punt. If the word means nothing to you do a search on 'punt Cambridge' in Google or 'punt' in the website below

If you take a look at http://www.visitcambridge.org/visitors/ you mat get some ideas.

I hope you enjoy your time in Cambridge. If you have any specific questions send me an email to my VT address.

Roger

Sightseeing in Cambridge

by Confucius

Did you find anything interesting and worth seeing in Cambridge?

RE: RE: Sights in Cambridge

by Natalya2006

We spent in Cambridge only 1 day - saw colleges (there are 31!) and Round Church and then walked in the city. There are many bookshops in Cambridge - we like to "dig" in bookshops.
But it was not enough to see everything. It's worth to try punting - but I don't know if it's possible in autumn.
Very nice city!

Travel Tips for Cambridge

Walk around the city centre...

by jrs1234

Walking around the city centre and the colleges of the University of Cambridge. Particularly recommended are King's College, Trinity College and St John's College - this picture was taken at the top of Trinity Street, where you'll find these three colleges (although the street changes its name to King's Parade by the time you get to King's). The area is largely pedestrianised, so walking is a pleasure. It's all well worth a look - very pretty, especially by the river.

Punting

by balfor

While we hired a punter, many of the college students will hire the punt and be their own punters. One must be aware of their amateur skills as several that we saw we busily running into walls and other punts rather than making headway down the river.

cute "wase"???

by cielo85

i think the "wases"are all over in europe, but it's my first time to see this cute stuff in my life when i was in england, can't really remember where i took this picture but it's on my way to a town from cambridge anyway,umm love them..by the way,actually i am not sure what this little stuff called,would love that if someone can tell me,that'll be really sweet!

View from the mound

by barryg23

I was a little disappointed with the view from the Hill. I was hoping for an uninterrupted view of the Cam and the centre of town but the church is in the way. In the picture you can see Great St. Mary's, the University Church (slightly left of centre), and King's College Chapel on the right.

A Cambridge music venue

by jrs1234 about The Cambridge Corn Exchange

The Corn Exchange in Cambridge has long ceased to have anything to do with selling corn, and is now one of the city's larger venues for music of all different kinds, both pop and classical. We don't get the biggest acts here usually, but there's normally something worth seeing most months.

Check the website to see what's on; you can book online, too.

Comments