Cheriton House

More about Huntingdon

Day trips from Huntingdon

by Becky1832

Hello,
I'm going to be visiting my son and daughter-in-law in Huntingdon in June. They will both be working during the day, and I'm wondering if there are any 'day trips' I could take. They haven't lived there long, so they aren't of much help to me. Also, I've heard there are 'day trips' to Paris-is that something I could get to close to Huntingdon? I won't have a car, so will have to rely on public transportation. Thanks in advance for your help!
Becky

by char2101

Yous hould visit Cambridge - its a beautiful city, or the Norfolk Broads which is a National Park. Paris would be hard to do in a day because you'd have to go to London first. The Eurostar train goes from Waterloo station to the centre of Paris about 12 times a day though but you have to book in advance to get cheap fares. It would take you about 2-3 hrs to get to London from Huntingdon.

by Becky1832

Hi!
Thanks for the reply. I will get to Cambridge for sure. I hate to ask so many questions, but do you know where I could look for transportation getting there...bus/train? Or, would I have to rely on a taxi. I'm willing/able to do the research, I just don't know where to begin! Thanks again,
Becky

RE: RE: Day trips from Huntingdon

by leics

www.nationalrail.co.uk for train timetables and fares, www.the trainline.com for purchasing tickets online should you so wish, www.nationalexpress.com for coach times and fares. Google the UK pages on www.google.co.uk for 'huntingdon bus services' and you should get the local sites up. Hope this helps.

by jrs1234

Hi -

there should be regular bus services to Cambridge and Peterborough (quite good shopping and a nice cathedral) - and you could also spend the day in St Ives, which is a nice enough town on the river close to Huntingdon. There are also trains to London and northwards to Peterborough, York and Edinburgh.

This page has links to bus timetables for Huntingdon:

and this is the website of one of the local bus companies:

For rail journeys:

has a Journey planner which may help you.

Enjoy your stay!