Charlotte House Hotel Ltd

Trains Business Travel Budget Travel

Peterborough's hidden gem!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 14, 2011

Having never coming to Peterborough before, I felt compelled to staying at a guest house rather that a hotel. Why? Because I wanted value for money and a less plastic approach. I was impressed by the overwhelming friendliness of the owners Wayne and Sally, and the guard cat George. As a single female travelling alone, feeling safe is one of my main priorities, the owners made me feel at ease, welcome and at home from the minute I landed on their doorstep. I am currently staying at the guest house again, not something I would normally do unless I felt it was worthy of my hard earned cash. I am in a different room this time and, if possible this room is even more lovely. Gorgeous, clean, classically decorated room, with more than enough room, wall mounted HD telly, excellent en suite facilities and above all I feel safe. I will come here again, and If I am lucky enough to get the job in Peterborough I am seriously considering the possibility of staying here on a long term basis. (If they would let me!) I would recommend this house to anyone wanting a break from the less personalised touches you recieve from a larger hotel, this is a guest house and you are made to feel like part of the family. Excellent place!!! Oh and another thing, the breakfast is to die for, proper bacon, well made and the sight of Wayne in an apron is great! 10/10

Unique Quality: The personable approach of the owners made this a place that I will continue to stay at. I think if you just want somewhere to rest your head and not care about who is staying next door then stay at the bigger hotel chains. I know that neither Wayne, George the Cat or more importantly Sally would allow any riff raff stay in their guest house. I have stayed in a number of hotels and you can guarantee that I am the person who is next door to the drunken bum or the nymphomaniac and rarely get a decent nights sleep. Here I have all the luxury of home including my own safeguards! If you want somewhere decent then this is the place to stay, its close to shops, eating places and has a secure carpark. What more would you want??

Directions: Find the CAFCAS office and look across the road!

Nearby Charlotte House Hotel Ltd

Peterborough Travel Forum

Need advice about Peterborough, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Peterborough and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Peterborough hotel reviews