Carden Park, Chester, Cheshire, CH3 9DQ, United Kingdom

Carden Park Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Best Hotel In The UK!

I recently stayed at Carden Park for one night on the Saturday just gone. This was my second visit to the hotel and I absolutely loved it. Our room was very nice with a balcony outside and real good bed and decent sized room. The food was absolutely amazing and the service was impeccable. I love coming to this hotel because the people are so friendly and it really is a chill out zone. You can just sit and have a drink in the foye and chat to your family and even play a few games. The staff are really friendly and always alert when you want to ask for something off them. I would deffinately come to this hotel more often, I am also planning on having my wedding here in the future.

More about De Vere Carden Park Hotel Chester

Great hotel in peaceful surroundings

by TripAdvisor Member SJE1000

We stayed at the Carden Park Hotel just for one night only on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. We had booked into an Executive King Room. Our room was in a separate annexe, known as the courtyard, which is a very short distance from the main hotel. From the layout, at first I was a little uncertain about the look of these rooms. From the outside they resemble two storey flats, all with balconies, but dont let this put you off. We had a first floor room, and we were lucky as the room overlooked the golf course and lovely open landscaped gardens. As the room had a balcony, I could imagine using it if it had been during the summer months. When booking one of these rooms, it would be worth requesting a room with a view of the course.

The room itself was nicely furnished and in very good condition. It is the first hotel room I have stayed in which had a small kitchenette area, ideal if you like to take a bottle of wine or two with you and some nibbles as you have somewhere to prepare it!

The bathroom was a good size, and consisted of a large bath with shower head.

The bed was king size and comfortable.

We took evening meal in the main dining restaurant. Although it was extremely busy as it was a Saturday night, the service and quality of the food was satisfactory.

Breakfast was taken in the same restaurant and consisted of a help yourself hot and cold buffet, food was excellent and the choice was vast.

The hotel has a spa with pool, jacuzzi, etc. There is also the opportunity to take golf lessons or outdoor pursuits, such as off-roading, archery, clay pidgeon shooting, etc.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the checking in and out process was smooth and easy.

Overall, a very nice hotel. However, if you are not sure of the area and you are booking the hotel as you want to explore nearby Chester, please be aware that the location of this hotel is not on the doorstep of Chester.

Great place to hold a wedding reception

We had our wedding reception at Carden Park on May 14th this year.
The hotel is only approx 5 miles from our home and I had said for as long as I can remember that if I ever got married then I would have my reception there- and I did.
We had a fantastic day. The location is beautiful and the hotel is decorated to a high standard.
Top class hotel! Hope to return each year for our anniversary!!

Loved It!

We have just returned from a two day spa break with Carden Park and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed every minute! We had one of the new rooms overlooking the front of the hotel with lovely views and two HUGE beds. I found the service and both restaurants fabulous. The food in the Brasserie restaurant is excellent and very good value and the Garden restaurant is a bit more luxurious.

We had three treatments in the spa which was lovely and the girls so friendly and helpful (very relaxing). Used all the facilities i.e pool, spa, sauna and as we went mid-week it was not very busy. Go earlier for your treatments than the time booked as you can put on your robe and slippers and relax in the relaxtion room (Heaven)!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a bit of pampering and relaxation. It did the trick for us! We did not want to leave. We will definately be returning!

Not bad, but not great either.

I don't want to nit pick, but Carden Park has the same complex layout and decor as other De vere hotels which I find off putting as you feel like you're in some distant apartment complex. Saying that, i thought the staff were good. The junior suite we stayed in was quite a large room, but the king sized bed was just two double beds pushed together and very uncomfortable. There's no getting round that one. You have to sleep at the edge of the bed as anywhere close to the center, you can't sleep. There is effectively no room service after 9.30pm as all you can get are simple sandwiches. The steak was good, the carden burger okay and all else average.
The hotel does have a lot of activities, which sets it apart from your usual hotel. Otherwise, its average. We had to be moved to an upstairs suite on arrival as a colony of ants had already checked in to our ground floor room and were very comfortable.
As I said, Its not a bad hotel, but not great either.

Could Be Better

by TripAdvisor Member antitan

Just come back from an overnight stay at the Carden Park, booked with Late Rooms for £80.00 Standard Double Room. The room was surprisingly very large for a double and was set in the courtyard ( without balcony). It had a enormous bed (not 2 pushed together) and was extremely comfortable. There was a ktichen type area with sink, cupboards, tea, coffee and a fridge (bonus), which if we had known about before we could have brough food, wine etc as we did not arrive unitl 9.30pm. Room Service is only sandwiches which was dissapointing and both restaurants closed between 9.30 and 10pm. The bathroom area was very good and had a fab power shower!
We had a drink in the main bar area which was pleasant but lots of golfers, and over 60s!
Breakfast was unfortunately a big let down, chaotic and mass produced catering, all heavily fried foods, there was fruit and yoghurt available however, this had run out at 9.30am and was not replenished. It would have been nice to see some more continental type food, and more healthier options. Our tablecloth was dirty and the we had to ask for side plates and teaspoons.

My husband said the pool was good and I know the spa is good too. If you have children there are lots of activities and if you want a pampering experience its great. Next time we would skip the brreakfast!

The Best Beds

by TripAdvisor Member thefellows

My Partner and I stayed for a long weekend recently and really enjoyed every minute. We had one of their newly refurbished rooms overlooking the golf course. The bed was huge and I slept better than I have for an age. The very friendly staff gave the place a really relaxing atmosphere, and it was very picturesque in the snow. We will defiantly return.

Fantastic resort hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Whitchurch24

Stayed for 3 nights over my company's conference. What a fantastic hotel! - recently refurbished rooms in modern, neutral colours, cosy library, friendly bar, 1st class conference facilities. Had time for a swim in the huge pool and a couple of spa treatments - husband had round of golf, a lesson from the professional, unfortunately didn't have time for the on-site quad biking or off road 4 x 4 driving course! A real "destination" hotel. Was a great conference and plan to go back for a weekend with the children. Quite local so may join the leisure club.Lovely staff, surrounded by golf courses and grounds and views towards the snow covered welsh hills!

Wonderful place, wonderful service

by TripAdvisor Member Iloveaustria

We stayed at the hotel over the easter break, and the staff were very kind and helpful. In the lounge areas there was always someone available to provide drinks or ask if they could help, and the reception staff were knowledgable of the area and helped us with places to go, or to eat if we didn't want to eat in the hotel.
The spa was luxurious and I had a wonderful time in there!
We also did archery and quad biking, and the staff at the outdoor centre were so helpful...I can't praise them enough.
I would say that the only down side for us was that we stayed in a Superior room and yet the bed was like a hammock it was so soft that we kept rolling into the middle.
I would still recommend it to anyone, and will stay again.

Great Weekend......except for the bed

We stayed for two nights over the easter weekend and had a great time. the room was lovely with a fantastic view of the golf course. Unfortunalty we had the same problem as previous reviews and the bed sunk in the middle. We ate on the first night in the Garden restaurant, i would recommend it.
On the Saturday my husband had a golf lesson which he loved and was one of the best he'd ever had. I had a treatment in the spa which was out of this world.
We ate in the Brasserie on the second night, the carden burger is fab. On the Sunday we went to Chester Zoo which was great.
The afternoon tea is wonderful - dont have lunch.

Great Stay - with kids as well

We had recently stayed at the Mottram Hall hotel and had planned another stay (for another visit to Old Trafford !!) but it was booked - our experiance of Mottram was so good we were nervous about Carden .. not all hotels like young children about - our worries were soon put to rest from arrival ... the staff treated the kids better than any hotel we have stayed in ... they were very friendly and extreamly helpful (apart from one individual in the spa but this really was the exception)

The hotel has so much going for it .. its a great location in amazing grounds with lots to do (swimming, spa, golf, cycling, quad biking and 4x4) ... great resturant that really cater for children and the staff made the effort with them.

Family room was excellent, decoration and space for all to be comfortable and quiet at night ...

The hotel is busy (very) and thats because it offers so much ... and seems to be a favorite with the corp world - the reception area is always busy and breakfast time can be hetic although read the signs and aim to get down there at the right time and its not a problem.

only bad point to pick out is that the car park is a good distance away ......

would recommend this hotel to anyone with active children that want time away in a quality hotel ... our 7 year old now thinks that getting up in the morning to go swimming, eating a huge breakfast and then spending an hour on the driving range is how every day should begin ......... come to think of it.. so do I

The Addelshaw Tower (Bell Tower)The Addelshaw Tower (Bell Tower)

The River DeeThe River Dee

Roman GardenRoman Garden

The FalconThe Falcon

Bus transportation

by coopstudent

I will be residing in Chester for 4 months beginning in September of this year. Is there public bus transportation in Chester? Is there a bus that makes a stop at The Carden Park Hotel and Resort?

Re: Bus transportation

by firmansam

Carden park is a fantastic hotel but if you are using it as a base for Chester it is a little far out as it is a good 20 min drive by car to the city centre and it is in a quite rural setting so the likelihood of a good bus route is doubtful contact the hotel direct to see if they do provide transport but I suggest if you are stayin for 4 months and want to be based around Chester I would choose a different hotel there are lots in and around the city and as it is only a small city walking around it is easy.

Comments