Ramada Hotel Chester

See Amenities

Not bad

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 24, 2010

Myself and my partner stayed here for two nights. The hotel was lovely and the staff were very pleasant. The only downfalls I had were that 1. I'm a smoker, we booked a smoking room and upon check in were not informed that there wasn't a smoking room available. I asked my partner to double check with reception that our room was smoking as I hadn't come across an ashtray in the room. He returned to me to tell me that their smoking rooms were fully booked. It's a good job he checked otherwise I'd have been charged £75 on our room bill for smoking in a non smoking room. This then led to me having to traipse halfway around the hotel to go down for a smoke.....very eerie at 2am on your own. Also the heat was a little uncomfortable in the room and when we plugged in the desk fan we were provided with the amount of dust that came off it played havoc with my sinuses most of the first day. Other than this it was a lovely stay there and we will definately be booking there again soon on the basis that we can have a smoking room.

Sightseeing in Chester

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 28, 2010

This hotel was easy to find and a pleasant walk into a truly beautiful City. There were lots of parking places. The check in/out staff were efficient and friendly.
The room was a huge disappointment. It was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in with very limited storage. Virtually all of the desk was taken up by the tv, keyboard, kettle, hairdrier and fan, so there was nowhere to put anything. Bags and suitcases could not be easily stored either. The bathroom was tiny and had a weird smell, though the towels were large and soft.
There was no air conditioning and the room was incredibly hot, making sleep difficult. There was a fan, but it was very noisy. The windows did not open very far, though I could see others that did.
We dropped something on the floor and when we looked under the bed there was a piece of chewing gum and a very dusty beer glass under it. The bed itself was a standard size, but comfortable with nice pillows.
The bar area was cool and pleasant. Food in the Arts restaurant was excellent and the garden at the rear attractive.
We will not be staying in this hotel again, though I would recommend the restaurant.

gordonilla's Profile Photo

A night in Chester

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 5, 2006

The visit to the hotel was necessary due to our meeting with Chester based Digital Video specialists first thing in the morning.

The hotel was apparently the best in Chester. I am not so sure about this, but as ever I should leave it to any other VTer who stays there to comment upon it from their experiences.

It was comfortable enough, but the room I had was small, and sadly the shower had mould growing in the tiles.

Unique Quality: The hotel has 126 rooms and some fitness and swimming facilities. The Arts Grill (Restaurant) has a reasonable menu, but with many UK hotel restaurants you seem to have to have ordered your food by about 22.30. We just managed it.

The food was reasonable, but a little expensive - staff were friendly. Breakfast was in the same place and it was busier, but was nothing special, the coffee was not so good.

Directions: 1.5 miles from Chester City Centre

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge

Chester Travel Forum

Need advice about Chester, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Chester and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Chester hotel reviews

roman garden
Coffee Republic
Chester
Favorites
All the Eights 88, Bingo!
River Dee boat trip
Heart of England Rover
By train from/to Chester
Old Harker's Arms
Restaurants
Chester made it into "Crap Towns"
Market Cross