Ramada Encore Crewe

DAO's Profile Photo

A BIG FAN

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2015

A big fan. If you stay at the Ramada Encore Crewe in summer – you will wish you had brought a big fan with you. To be fair the hotel lent me a small fan and that was fine. Unfortunately the hotel does not have air-conditioning and you can hear the traffic from the road not far away. With the fan right next to me that cancelled that out. The beds were a bit below average. I found it really difficult to stay asleep.

I arrived the evening before and the manager himself served me several times. I found him and 2 other staff members to e friendly and helpful. All this goodwill was thrown out the window by some lady in a bad mood at reception in the morning. I had purchased breakfast the night before, but over slept. I asked if I could get a refund. The answer – after seizing my laminated voucher – was no. Non-refundable apparently. I wish that this had been explained beforehand. So I was trying to – at her direction – grab some food to eat and walk to work. The lady in the restaurant thought I might be stealing food and kept asking for my voucher. Not cool.

I stayed here deliberately to see what the hotel was like. Sadly I will not go back. I hope the nice manger gets a new morning receptionist. Otherwise this would be a very reasonable place. It’s a low price with a good bar and food. The location is a short walk from the train station. A reasonable budget option in cooler months.

Unique Quality:

OVERVIEW:
• 112 rooms (7 accessible), budget prices, near the train station, no air-conditioning
• Free car parking and free Wi-Fi
• Restaurant, bar, good food, sports on TV

ROOMS:
• Simple. Have a bed (not great) and a sofa, TV, coffee/tea
• Work station/desk, black-out blinds, hairdryer
• Modern good sized bathroom
• Iron and ironing board on request
• Fan available upon request

FACILITIES:
• 7 meeting and event rooms
• The Hub Lounge, bar and restaurant and room service 24/7
• Free car parking and Wi-Fi
• Total Fitness gym (day passes £7.50)

Directions: The Ramada Encore Hotel is located in the Crewe Business Park, Electra Way off the A534. Crewe Central Station is just short of a mile away. Between Junctions 16 and 17 off the M6 motorway.

Nearby Ramada Encore Crewe

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Crewe Travel Forum

Need advice about Crewe, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Crewe and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Crewe hotel reviews