De Vere Daresbury Park Hotel Warrington

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• clareabee's Profile Photo

very overated

not actually stayed at this hotel but been to events and functions at this hotel. Rather shabby and pricy hotel for a 4 star with average food - wouldn't recommend as i think this is living off a reputation it had years ago (and it is a monstrosity from the outside...crossroads motel eat your heart out!)

More about De Vere Daresbury Park Hotel Warrington

This hotel is a nightmare !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member dneale

Stayed at the Daresbury Park on Friday 28th September, in an Executive double room DBB. and will not be going back ever ever ever.

The restaurant is closed for refurbishment and now occupies what was the Bar area . The Bar is now on the ground floor and is small cold and dingy although the staff were friendly and efficient this not the place for a pre dinner drink.

The restaurant was un-organised chaos from start to finish the food was terrible, my sirloin steak needed a chain saw to cut it and the service though friendly was a shambles with no head waiter to be seen, After an hour and a half and still waiting for our pudding we gave up, compained to the restaurant manager who said she would not charge for the main courses, Big Deal !!!

On our way back to our room I decided to speak to the hotel manager and called at reception, the duty manager arrived and we told her our complaint which she agreed was unacceptable and said the meal was FOC.

When we got back to our room but it was Freezing as the radiator was not working, the towel rail in the bathroom did'nt work either, the floor in the bathroom was tiled and as cold as ice when you went to the loo, (we were in and out in a shot) the room was ok telly, ironingboard etc but bitterly cold, we woke up at 5.15am it was so cold, had a shower to warm us up.

At 8.00am, I went to see the hotel manager again ,(different manager) told him the tale he offered to move us to a different room or even a different hotel an offer which we declined.

We had been in the Daresbury Park for just over 12 hours and we just wanted to go home,

DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!!!

Not up to scratch!

by TripAdvisor Member Sarah6969pink

I stayed here on business and would not bother again, I as really disappointed, by what is meant to be a great hotel chain. My room was very very average, and actually rather scruffy (ripped carpet, handles missing from tv cabinet etc). The room was also very dated looking. There was no hotel into in the room, and had to go searching for the gym and to get into on that myself. I will say that the gym area was very good and the staff there very helpful. However the food was another matter! The first night I ordered room service and the food was disgusting (and I am NOT usually fussy with food!). Breakfast was OK in general with plenty of selection (although croissants and pastries are not fresh). However do not be tempted to order of the extra breakfast menu, I ordered quorn sausages and poached eggs three days, but only received them once (and then the eggs were microwaved!) other days I gave up waiting after 30mis and was not given any real apology. Really hotel is OK for somewhere to stay, but definitely not up to scratch if you are used to staying away a lot in hotels such as Hiltons.

Not as good as they think they are!

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerVera

The first room I was checked into didn't have a remote for the TV, or if it did it was so well hidden I couldn't find it. Also one of the pillowslips was badly stained (not dirty, just stained with something rust-coloured) and the room service breakfast order form had already been completed by somebody else. I phoned reception but got no reply, so walked down and found the receptionist was on the phone - a private call! She undertook to send 'guest services' to the room, and after about 15 minutes someone did turn up and say "Claire says to move you". Fortunately I had not unpacked and was moved to an 'Executive Room'. Just why this second room was an Executive Room I don't know. There was no trouser press in this room, and the tv was an old, small model sitting on a chest of drawers, whereas in the Standard Room it had been a large slim-line wall-mounted job. I eventually located the iron and board hidden in a cupboard which was blocked by the wastebasket and suitcase stand.
Internet access was great, and free, although they usually charge 15 sterling per day, noon to noon.
The bathroom was fine despite the weird architectural feature of having a window through to the bedroom. If somebody goes to the bathroom at night the light shines into the bedroom.
Food was a fiasco. I was told that dinner in the restaurant commenced at 7.00pm, although the restaurant was being refurbished and the venue would be the restaurant bar area. When I arrived at 7.10pm the room was not ready and I was told to "come back at 8 o'clock ." After protesting I was informed that I could eat in the bar on the ground floor. It would have saved a lot of hassle (and bad customer relations) if I had been told that this was an option sooner - like at check-in. The food, when it came, was excellent so at least the kitchen was operating properly.
The standard excuse for poor service is that the hotel is being refurbished, but of course you don't get a "refurbishment" price! The only concession they seem to be making is that the internet is free while the work goes on.

Highly Reommended

by TripAdvisor Member Kabiven

Stayed here one night on business. Our plane was delayed so we arrived quite late in the evening, but the staff were more than helpful, and even though the restaurant was 'about to close' I was able to get an excellent steak served very promptly and without any fuss.
The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have had with a lovely fresh selection of fruit and (rare for hotel breajkfasts) nice unsweetened natural yoghurt. One of our party ordered porridge which came promptly and, she reported, tasted great. Lovely freshly made tea (not too strong as in most hotels) and plenty of toast were supplied.
The room was nice and bright, scrupiously clean and a decent size, though the 2 single beds were a bit narrower than I would have liked. There is a busy motorway nearby and my room was also beside the car-park but I slept well, unlike in many other places I have stayed where the noise of kitchen fans has ruined my night's sleep!

Had a Very Happy Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MaggieEpsom

Have just had a very pleasant weekend at this hotel. Stayed there as part of a coach tour to Blackpool. Extremely comfortable and clean room. Leisure centre was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

Creamfields...

by TripAdvisor Member jp2705

OK so we stayed here for 3 nights when we went to Creamfields so location was more important than the hotel itself.

Lovely reception, EXCELLENT breakfast (soooo much choice).

We ate at the Ring o bells pub down the road - get a taxi for a fiver. Really lovely atmosphere and the food, if pricey, is absolutely fantastic.

Thanks very much to the hotel staff who let us into a room 6 hours early (for free :) ) as the room had been paid for and the people did not turn up and we only booked a room on the first and last night.

If booking through laterooms.com please note you can't check-in at 10am it is 2pm (quite a difference).

The staff were all lovely and very helpful. The hotel wasn't quite up to scratch though - really shabby round the edges.

a bit like english rugby, rubbish at first but still end up in the final

by TripAdvisor Member jwdWarwick

booked into the hotel on a dbb deal to celebrate our wedding anniversary, hotel very easy to find off the motorway and far enough away not to be disturbed by road noise. the frontage looks a lot better than the rest of the hotel as you drive to the car park, its a bit fifties looking but once inside the decor was modern and fresh.
my wife had booked a champagne welcome pack to be waiting for us when we got there nicely chilled or so we hoped -was not there so immiediately started the stay off on the wrong foot as we had to go and ask for the wine and then wait for it to chill. we had booked dinner for 7.30 and confirmed this with reception only for the restaurant to have no knowledge of us, luckily they were not that busy so we were able to dine- lucky for them as my wife was quietly exploding- the evening was then wrapped up nicely by the hotel not defining what they mean as a dinner rate, it is a £20 allowance per head so some of the meals meant you would have to pay for vegetables seperately as they were not exactly cheap and we were suprised to receive a bill, couldn't fault the food it was very nice.
day two
the room does not have an information pack so we were unsure as to the breakfast times so i went to reception to ask, whilst there i took the opportunity to explain the previous days shenanigans and quite honestly i can not fault the hotel staff in the way they dealt with the situation, they were courteous and very efficient in rectifying all the previous days errors.
breakfast is very good, plentiful in both choice and quantity and no hassle to get you out of the room so they can set for dinner.
by now we must have been well know to staff as our evening meal was excellent and with a nice bottle of wine thrown in for good measure and the staff were very attentive and the bill much less than the previous days due to every one singing from the same song sheet.

leisure facilties very good, clean and modern didn't use the pool but did use the squash court which made a nice change.

would we stop here again yes, the hotel staff did an excellent save and if it hadn't been for the first day cock ups would have been an really good break, one thing we did notice was that many of the staff were locals and that gave the hotel a really welcoming feel.

Tired and tacky

by TripAdvisor Member CJMooey

We stayed here after a shopping trip to the Trafford Centre as a wind down as it had a restaurant and spa and was in a good location just off the M56. Very disappointing. Though we were prepared for a conference hotel we were not prepared for somewhere so dingy and tacky with few redeeming features. I would have much rather stayed in a travelodge or a B&B for half the price or travelled further to Nunsmere hall for a little extra. The restaurant was overpriced to say the least - £20 for a steak in a cafeteria, the food was very average but the place was clean. The bar had a strange giant mural on the wall and a huge TV showing football. Our room was revolting with broken fake mahogany furniture, curtains looking like they'd been stained by smoke and holes in the walls. The bathroom was covered in mould. I couldn't even find a pen/cil to fill in the customer survey in the room. The communal areas were similar with nasty brown wallpaper, cracked signs and an air of depression. I wish we'd stayed at home.

Still lazy after all these years

by TripAdvisor Member lazy_diver

I reviewed this hotel two years ago and criticised the restaurant and the lack of a gym. Well, the gym and pool are now open and are pretty good. The restaurant has been extensively refurbished, but...

When I last ate there I had to send my meal back three times as it was stone cold and was finally told that (in the opinion of the waiter) none of the cooks was competent to work in a kitchen. Very reassuring! Food is also extremely expensive (go to the Ring o'Bells pub up the road) and the hotel temperature is random.

Lazy attitude by staff, poor control by management.

Comments