Holiday Inn Manchester Airport

Altrincham Road, Wilmslow, Manchester, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 4LR, United Kingdom
The Airport Inn Manchester
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Holiday Inn Manchester Airport

not like Holiday Inns I use

by TripAdvisor Member ctelford7

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Because of its title I hoped to be able to see some plane activity from the hotel if not from our room. I had taken my 13 year old nephew for a treat.He is interested in planes. The reception staff worked hard to give us a twin room on the ground floor.This was much smaller than our favourite HI-Telford. It also smelt as though there had been a flood recently. I had to wash all the clothes I'd taken owing to the smell.
Room service was very expensive for the dreadful pizza they brought, it was uneatable. There was some refurbishment going on so it should improve. The swimming pool was warm but the floor was very surprising-unexpected slopes, no ladies changing room(owing to refurb.) Idon't think I'll go there again.
It is very hard to beat Telford.

Pretty average, but good if you get a cheap deal

by TripAdvisor Member Nunnion

The room was a little small, but comfortable. Bathroom was fine. The bar and reception areas were nice enough, but the restaurant was surprisingly good: a varied menu, and our food was well cooked.

We particularly remember the staff, though: they were all friendly, courteous and helpful.

The hotel does look a bit dull from outside, but the car park is big, and this is a very convenient hotel if you get a good deal on the rate.

Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member Angela63

We stayed in this hotel after a very late flight from Sharm. Landing at 2.30 am. The bus came to pick us up quickly and couldn't fault that, but we were very disappointed with the rooms at the hotel. There were bunkbeds as well as a double bed and this made the room cramped and claustrophobic to be in. The wardrobe was small and tatty, and you couldn't swing a cat in the bathroom, although this was at least clean and well lit.

My room was also by the entrance to the hotel, and I was awoken by several business men talking loudy on the front steps! Not good after 4 hours sleep. We paid £109 each for 2 rooms and a car parking space for 15 days. Rather a lot of money for a small room and no breakfast!

The receptionist in the morning was very miserable and in the end I just left my key card on reception and walked out (having already pre-paid for my room with my travel agent).

Wouldn't choose this hotel again.

really enjoyed our stay!

by TripAdvisor Member mitaal_kairaba

We stayed at this hotel at the weekend, on a Saturday night recently. Firstly I would like to say that we enjoyed our stay very much and found the hotel to pleasant. The room was fine, nothing to complain about. We also had a few extras as we booked an executive room with breakfast, such as a bathrobe each, slippers, some sparkling water and nice smelling toiletries. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful, even though they must get fed up with some of the customers! We enjoyed a nice meal at the restaurant. The health club was really relaxing and completed our experience of the place. I would recommend this hotel with confidence. The taxi to Wilmslow on the Saturday night was rather expensive, £10 each way! But that is nothing to do with the hotel.

worst run hotel ever in

by TripAdvisor Member kevinnewtown

Went on holiday to Egypt and had to stay over in this hotel.Drinks (if you could find the barman) was expensive and the food even dearer(cheese sandwich £5.95).Booked through the website and checked by phone to confirm all was paid for (party of four).Ready to set off for airport next morn,informed one room not paid for.asked to make sure all paid for on return was reassured it was.Arrived back room not taken for again.Asked for early morn call,never got nearly missed return flight home.Courtesy bus that you pay for.Non existant porters.Staff who couldnt care less.Do yourself a favour and find somewhere else.Oh yes and you can get a free shower in bar area from leaking rooms above.What a shambles.

Not worth the Money!!

by TripAdvisor Member TheGoodTheBadAndUgly

I have just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel. We were there on business as we had a conference booked there the following day. After a very long drive to the hotel myself and two colleaugues were looking forward to a good meal. What we were served was way under the quality you would expect from Holiday Inn. After having to send back starters that were still raw we were subjected to probably the worst example of Chicken Supreme we have ever seen.
The other problem with the hotel was the size of the rooms... very small.
Apart from that the hotel staff were very good and the food that was served at our conference was a huge improvement from the previous evening. Would not recommend hotel though and will most definately be using somewhere else next year for our conference.

Where do I start.....

by TripAdvisor Member JeremyEdwards

I can only support the views of others here, I just wish I'd taken the time to read the reviews first... be warned!!!

Dispite having 2 small children with pushchairs, they were unable to give us a room that didn't require us to "lug" them up and down stairs.

The room we finally ended up was stifling hot, smelt of new paint, but no idea where they'd actually painted as all the accomodation parts of the hotel are dated, dirty and in need of major refurbishment.

By the morning, we couldn't stand the heat and asked to be moved. 3 other couples were asking the same when I went to reception.... They claimed a fault with the air-con (which a tripadvisor's review in April also claims....) but it was cold outside, so something fundamental wrong here. You should have heard the chorus of coughs at breakfast from all tables due to the quality of air in the hotel.

The leisure centre as dimly lit, dirty floors, dirty changing rooms and then to cheese you off more, they claim to be nothing to do with the hotel and demand cash as opposed to charging to the room ....

Our second room was a little cooler but was very tired and dirty, with things broken and a very battered bunkbed squeezed in.

Finally, bar prices are too high for the service and breakfast was poor, with raw sausages and overcooked eggs....

Great New Year

by TripAdvisor Member chigwa

Just spent new years eve at this hotel, food was fantastic atmosphere great and staff very friendly and efficent.
The room was clean and in good decorative order.
No complaints would go again.

Very Demanding

by TripAdvisor Member Foggyhead

We stayed at this early December 2006 before jetting of to the Middle East.
We have two young children (2yrs and 4yrs) so travelling long haul can be a pain. We like to stay the night before the flight and take our time!
We use the Manchester airport hotels at least twice a year and have done for the last for years. We have stayed at most of the airports there.

I am very, very demanding and expect very high levels of service. Which in the UK is sadly lacking in most places. I'm not normally one to post comments but after reading some of the negavtive ones I was motivated to post.

We found the levels of service at this hotel outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble (even warm milk at 2100 and no charge!). Everybody was polite and very helpful. The place looked brand new inside and they were very helpful with parking and travelling to and from the airport. The staff loved the children and the children wanted to stay there instead of going on holiday!

Bed bugs

by TripAdvisor Member aidene

Miniscule room. On site parking not available. Wife covered in over 200 bites from bed bugs or fleas. No apology from staff. Avoid at all costs.

Weaving cotton at the millWeaving cotton at the mill

Methodist ChapelMethodist Chapel