Seaton Carew, Hartlepool, TS25 1AB, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Hartlepool

My friend Miss TrixieMy friend Miss Trixie

A monkey on the marinaA monkey on the marina

The Hartlepool MonleyThe Hartlepool Monley

A Napoleonic GirlA Napoleonic Girl

Travel Tips for Hartlepool

Stranton

by Dick33

This church Stranton all saints is a beautifull old church it was built in the 12th century for the village now it is in the centre of Hartlepool.
We all got christened here and Carol got married here unless I move to Malta will probably have my funeral here.

The Headland

by steventilly

The Headland is like the historic "old town" of Hartlepool. It has the lighthouse, gun battery, Abbey Church, Borough Hall, a bit of a seafront promernade... It could and should be quite nice, but this is like the bit that they gave up on. Like the redevelopers tried to make it something but didn't quite finish. It's still worth a look though.
(More in the "Must See" section).

But!

by Dick33

Hartlepool is the only place I know that puts the but in the wrong part of a sentence I will write an example if you described a film you might say "the plot was a little predictable but it is still worth watching" in Hartlepool we would say "the plot was a little predictable it was still worth watching but" see what I mean when we speak we end sentences with but.

My Home Town

"Hartlepool"

Well I will start with the name Hartlepool was named because it used to be a watering hole for harts ( male red deer ). Not so much now but years ago people called it British West Hartlepool I don't know why because I never heard of another Hartlepool.
Someone had a brainwave and decided to turn Hartlepool into a tourist destination well Hartlepool council and TDC have done a lot but tourist hot spot it's not.
The photo is the towns emblem this statue is on the marina.

Comments