Bedknobs Bed and Breakfast

Polgwyn, Castle Street, Bodmin, PL31 2DX, United Kingdom
Bedknobs Bed and Breakfast
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Bedknobs Bed and Breakfast

Bedknobs just gets better and better

by TripAdvisor Member FansLondon

We first came across Gill and her amazing talent for B and B when we were regular visitors to her earlier Bedknobs in Dulwich in South London. That was always a great experience, and Bedknobs in Bodmin is even better. All the familiar pleasures - comfortable and well-appointed rooms, great decor and furnishings, cosy bed, marvellous bathroom, and so on - with the added attraction of Gill and Kim's truly beautiful and intriguing house, which they are lovingly restoring. The food is excellent - kippers and homemade marmalade were particularly appreciated; and our fellow guests were most congenial. When it came to finding our way around, Gill and Kim were full of helpful information about places to visit, where to eat, and many other matters, including the local geology. We were particularly impressed by their commitment to running an increasingly 'green' household. We spent two nights at Bedknobs while in Cornwall for a family wedding; we could happily have stayed for a week, and are already planning our return visit. It was all delightful.

Pamela and John

Cosy, Wonderful a real pleasure.

by TripAdvisor Member sunseekersouthampton

We have just returned from "Bedknobs" stayed over the Easter weekend. We stayed in the "Beeches" room very very comfortable! everything was spotless, Gilly & Kim are excellent hosts, nothing to much trouble, an abosulte mine of information. There is also a information file in the room.
Tea, sandwiches and more importantly WINE on tap if you want it.
Breakfast is excellent, local produce, proper eggs not the shop ones!
Bedknobs is centrally located for beaches, visting houses, walks, trains (steam) and bike riding.
If your eating out Gilly and Kim will advise the best spots, we ate at the Globe and the Gin House both very good.
Don't worry about the entrance as mentioned in other reviews, this is easily negotiated.

A wonderful B&B no need to stay anywhere else!!

Exceptional

by TripAdvisor Member busybee_kl

My wife and I stayed at Bedknobs over the Easter weekend.

Bedknobs is situated close to the town centre and is walking distance from shops and restaurants.

We booked the Yew room. The room was well appointed, clean, pleasant, a nice view and had loads of up to date and useful information about Bodmin and Cornwall. The private bathroom was almost as large as the room itself.

What made the place exceptional were the hosts who were warm and welcoming went out of their way to help and offer assistance.

Will definintely recommend Bedknobs to anyone visiting Cornwall.

5 star B+B

by TripAdvisor Member NewForestJandJ

This was our second stay at this superb B&B, the rooms are furnished and decorated to a very high standard. Gill and Kim are excellent hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The Cornish Porridge is a treat not to be missed! Ideally located for visiting both north and south coasts and the Eden Project. We've stayed in 5 star hotels and this B&B matches the standard.

loved the style

by TripAdvisor Member BristolAlbertus

Our hosts made us feel very welcome not only on arrival but during the length of our stay.The breakfasts were very good & we found we did not want to eat again until the evening.Our room
was excellent & very cosy.
Gill & Kim have & are going to great lengths to make everyones stay pleasant & memorable.
All we can add is>keep up the good work & not only will we tell our friends about you,but hopefully will see you again soon.

Purr-fect holiday

by TripAdvisor Member misteemog

Absolutely wonderful stay, Gill & Kim are perfect hosts who take a genuine interest in their guests and activities. The room we stayed in is spacious and luxurious, as is the bathroom. Definitely a home from home. And to top it off they have 3 lovely cats (who are not allowed in the guest rooms).
My friend and I stayed here 2 years ago and returned this year to go to the Bodmin and Wenford Railway's war weekend (an annual event). Bodmin in general is a very good place to stay, as it is very central for getting around Cornwall, other places we visited were Eden Project, Monkey Sanctuary, Trewithen Gardens, Pinsla Gardens and St.Agnes, all were within a 40 min drive.

Taste and Distinction

by TripAdvisor Member imaginativeTraveller

'Bedknobs' is definitely a guesthouse of taste and distinction, a 'cut above the others' in my experience. The property itself is a lovely light and airy villa, beautifully decorated, and the facilities and level of service are surpassingly excellent. Hosts Gill and Kim are knowledgeable and welcoming - keen to share their passion for all things Cornish. The house overflows with information of all kinds which is there, on tap, to enhance the quality of your stay. The bedrooms are generously large, spotless, and everything's delicious in the food department (what other reviewers say about the Cornish porridge is true....)
The guesthouse is successfully 'green aware', indeed is something of a flagship in this regard. So, easygoing, resourceful, sustainable - all adds up to a B+B for the twenty-first century for my money - and you won't have to part with too much of that either. A stay here represents excellent value, and the central location gives ease of access to all major Cornish locations. I'm glad to have found it - well deserving of its five star status.

Wonderfull once more!!

by TripAdvisor Member MandP1

This was our 3rd long weekend stay at Bedknobs in the last 4 years. We keep on coming back simply because nothing can compare with Bedknobs. We have always been made to feel extremely welcome by Gill & Kim and that is always very much appreciated. No expense has been spared with the fixtures & fittings in the guest rooms which provide an extremely comfortable and refined stay. One runs out of superlatives to describe Bedknobs. You simply have to try it for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Superb in every detail

by TripAdvisor Member maggiefeakin

A very warm welcome, fabulous room with lovely bathroom. 'Green' in every detail with well cooked and locally sourced food.. Caring and considerate in every way. The 'house wine ' was excellent the sandwiches well filled and the cream tea a joy. We hope to return!

A Class Apart - Gorgeous!

by TripAdvisor Member dustings

Gill and Kim are the most excellent thoughtful hosts. They very warmly welcomed me after a 150 mile journey, as my car broke down on arrival at 9.30pm!! As I was due to work on BBC Antiques Roadshow early the following morning, they patiently helped me get my car to a local garage and made sure I had a taxi to get me to work!! My room was a good size and well thought out with a beautiful antique bed, the bathroom was huge with jacuzzi! Food was delicious - I have never had such gorgeous scrambled egg.. not forgetting the sandwiches made from locally sourced cheeses and hams.. the attention to detail and level of service was second to none. The communal laptop came in handy to check emails too. I can highly recommend Bedknobs - I even chose to stay a second night even though I had the option of a hotel as it was so relaxing. You won't be disappointed!

Comments