Brendon Arms

Falcon Terrace, Bude, EX23 8SD, United Kingdom
Brendon Arms
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Bude

Looking for 5K Races in SW UK last two weeks of May.

by LynneK

We're staying in Crackington Haven, close to Bude the last two weeks of May. I've never been to England and have a friend coming with me who runs. Do you know who I could contact to find out what's going on in SW England that time of year?
Also any helpful hints on the temperature at that time, what types of clothing to bring.
We've rented a house on the ocean front close to National trust walking trails that go up and down the coast.
Also what about daily bus tours? Any hints there.
We've rented a car for the two weeks also.

Re: Looking for 5K Races in SW UK last two weeks of May.

by Geoff_Wright

Hi Lynne,

Welcome to Virtual Tourist. I hope you'll have lots of fun here, an make loads of friends.

I live in Cornwall, only a few miles from Crackington Haven. It's a wonderful part of the north coast of Cornwall, but as it's exposed to the Atlantic, you will get a mixture of weather conditions. The cliffs here are very high, and the roads steep and winding. Temperatures in May can be up into he 60's, but we also have frosty mornings occasionally. It's difficult to suggest what to bring in the way of cothes, but I don't think you will have a heatwave!

I don't know of any sports places that organise runs, but there's nothing to stop you and your friend doing your own thing, and running along the cliff paths. There is a coastal path right around Cornwall.

As for bus (coach) tours. There will be some available, possibly starting from Bude, or even Tintagel. If I find any details in the local paper I'll emal you.

Hope you might be able to vsit us when you are here. My uncle and aunt are over fom New Jersey on June 2nd, so you'll just miss them!

EMail me if you wish, and I'll try to answer any other questions if I can.

Regards from Bodmin Moor, Cornwall.

Re: Looking for 5K Races in SW UK last two weeks of May.

by DUNK67

hiya

try: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/vieweventnonmember.asp?sp=590360386578264507216&v=1

Comments