The Strand Hotel

The Strand, Bude, EX23 8RU, United Kingdom

More about Bude

Bude tides

by Gredbo

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Bude either on Sept 17th or Sept 24th for one week. Trouble is I can't find out when will be the best week to go tidewise! Last year we went from Sept 16th and the tide was in all day for most of the week. We love to walk from Summerleaze right along to Sandymouth across the beach but this, of course, is impossible if the tide isn't right. Does anyone know where I can find the tide times online? I know there is a booklet produced in Bude and, annoyingly, I was in Cornwall last week and didn't think to buy one at the time! Aah!

(Also, the tide height is important too, as the higher the tide comes in the further it goes out) Does anyone know this info? Trouble is I need to know asap because I've got to let the lady we are booking the flat from know very soon (nothing like a bit of pressure, huh?!)(sorry)

Hope someone out there can help me,
Cheers,
Gredbo

RE: Bude tides

by Geoff_Wright

Hello Maxine,

Welcome to Virtual Tourist, and I hope you'll have great fun here.

Well, Bude (Widemouth Bay) is actually my local beach. Here is the info you asked for (I am also a sailor!!). Based on High and Low water at Boscastle, just down from Bude, but it won't be much different.

17 Sep: Low Water 0.8 Meters 1123 hours. High Water 7.4 Meters 1815 hours.

24 Sep: Low Water 1.8 Meters 1600 hours. High water 6.4 Meters 1011 hours.

All times (BST) and heights are approximate, but near enough for your beachcombing! The highest and lowest tides are on 20th September.

Enjoy your stay, and call in for a cup of tea!

Regards

Geoff.

RE: Bude tides

by Gredbo

Thanks Geoff!
You are so lucky being able to live in that area. Still, I suppose if I lived there all the time I'd need to revive my sanity somewhere else! Because of your help I've booked to go the first week (course, I'll be hammering on your door if the tides are wrong for our walks! Teehee!) so if you could just arrange the weather for me now that would be great! Mind you, we've often found that the Bude area is much sunnier/drier than it can be just down the road. We went across to Bude last week from South Cornwall and it was rainy and foggy all the way. Get to Bude and the sun starts shining and its all lovely!
Thanks very much for the help,
Cheers,