Turnpike Road, Marazion, TR17 0DQ , United Kingdom

More about Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant

Beautiful gardens and art on offer

by rachel_sun about Mount Haven Hotel.

A breathtaking hotel and restuarant to eat food food and feel completely at home.Staff were very kind and owners really loved running the hotel and everything was perfect.An informal hotel.Casual, relaxing.Worth treating yourself to the Deluxe room as it was amazing. info soon

Spiritual and Holistic treatments

by rachel_sun about Mount Haven Hotel.

info soon info soon.We stayed in Deluxe room with balcony and seaviews.£60 per person per night.

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!!

We recently visited Mount Haven Hotel, and I can not express in enough words the beauty of this place, as soon as we arrived we were greeted by such wonderful staff, taken through to the lounge and provided with much needed drinks after our long journey from London along with our 2 small children. We were taken up to our room which provided the most beautiful view of St Michaels Mount, there was a bed provided for one child and a beautifully made cot for the other. The room was laden with fresh lillies, and cleaned to the highest of standards. During our stay at Mount Haven, all staff were very curtious towards my family, our children were spoilt rotten, fresh tea was made for my 2 year old at 6 every evening, and purees/finger food provided for my younger daughter, what more could be asked for??? Once the children were asleep we would go down to the most amazing dinner, fresh fish of the day, lobster soup, delicious tuna steak....and please don't get me started on the desserts...ok, creme brulee like I've never tasted before!!! The wine menu is extensive....and staff are always at hand to help if your unsure of what wine to choose!! We spent 5 nights at Mount Haven and have already booked to return next month, we most definitely will be visiting our now new friends every year, we feel that we have been very lucky to have met such wonderful people, and can not imagine ever staying anywhere other than the Mount Haven when we visit Cornwall. The Hotel has had some fantastic reviews on this site and I find this very positive when deciding where to stay.....I can't imagine any person not finding any positivity at Mount Haven Hotel......beautiful surroundings, gorgeous art work, stunning views, delicious food and above all people who care about you and make your stay a very special one.

Smashing..

What can I say that has not been said befor? You have to stay to really appreciate what is written about this smashing Hotel...So...dont take my word as true as I am completly biased...This has to be experienced..so go find out yourself? I had a relaxing and restfull week...Managment and staff are very nice people..food..ah..the food...go taste it and see...mmmm
I liken it to that very well known advert on English TV....
" It does exactly what it say's on the tin"....Will be going back later in the year...David

Stylish hotel at a prime location

by TripAdvisor Member crystal42

Although we only stayed for one night, we really enjoyed the hotel. Food is first class and superb. The rooms are very clean and stylish and fresh flowers were there to greet us.
The patrons were friendly and helpful. Although it was June, one night was pretty cool and I was immediately given a heater.
We were travelling on public transport and could easily get the bus into Penzance, as there is a bus stop right next to the hotel grounds.

Totally dissapointing

DO NOT STAY HERE

This hotel is an expensive, aweful dissapointment which is a triumph of marketing over delivery. The reviews on this website, and the hotel's own website couldnt be further off the mark about this hotel.DO NOT bother to stay here unless you like being totally ripped off.

The "superior room " is more like an oversize dormitory room, and is absolutely tiny and dingy. Its smaller than rooms in London ! We were moved after one night to a standard room, which was so small that even the owner commented that we couldnt even use an iron and ironing board in it !!!! This for £120 a night !!! They do have an amazing terrace and view, but imagine my surprise to be told we couldnt have a snack on the terrace because " then other people would want that too !!!?????" All food had to be served at the same table evening, and my guest was told off for wanting to eat on her own one morning and told that unless she went and woke us up for breakfast, she wouldnt be served !!

The staff were were also rude to the point of totally ruining the holioday and were hostile to every request.They dont deserve to be in the hotel industry and are a disgrace. What ever happened to cornish hospitality??? Only one person in the entire hotel, a waitress who was there for one evening, managed to extend any grace to my guests who were frankly, in their own words, appalled. I stay in hotels every week for business across Europe and the UK and have never ever seen behaviour like this place.

I went off to Tresanton, and the difference between these two places was stunning. It is best summed up by the friendly staff at Tresanton who asked what else they could to make our stay more comfortable, and the smiles we received every day. At the motel (thats all it deserves to be called) mount haven, the staff and owner werent able to raise themselves to reply to a good morning.

I will be complaining to the tourist board, as i cant believe that they can get away with this. Other guests who arrived looked equaly dissapointed at what the hotel turned out to be like, and in fact i overheard one woman comment that it ws the worst hotel she has ever stayed in bar none. She and their entire party left the very next day.

‘Unfunny’ faulty towers

East meets west, means to my unfortunate discovery and unlike it is portrayed on the hotel’s website, an old fashioned hotel littered with bad incense. The hotel’s staff is apathetic, bordering on downright belligerent, the rooms are stark and the food is passable, if one is generous.

If you need a relaxing break, avoid at all costs – as most of your time is spent fitting in with the hotel’s schedule and tolerating unnecessary abuse while paying through the nose for the experience.

I am convinced that the reviews on this website were written by friends and family…. You have been warned ….

Just a quick note to say how pleased we were with our stay. The weather was excellent which made our stay even more enjoyable. The food, service, accommodation were all really good.
Thanks
Adam and Naomi
Bath,England

Lovely Stay

This is the third time we have stayed in the Mount Haven and on each occasion we have enjoyed our 'mini-break'. The rooms we have stayed in have been spacious, light, well decorated and comfortable. The food has always been good and the staff treat you like old friends. We look forward to our next visit to do a bit of catching up...

Geoff and Lisa Sharp

Long Weekend to Cornwall

by rachel_sun

"St Michaels Mount"

I had a 4 night trip to Cornwall in December 2004 to chill out and unwind.We stayed in Marazion near Penzance and had a wonderful break.Our hotel was amazing too.It was the Mount Haven Hotel which over-looked St Michaels Mount and it was a fantastic place.The room was stunning and so were the views and the food and staff were brilliant.I will add pics now and add info in next few days.Thanks for visiting.

Comments