Estoril Hotel

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 91 reviews
Priceline eDreams

This Estoril “Hotel” destroyed my holiday!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2014

This is a long article, please read it before you try to book this Estoril “Hotel”, or you can also Google this “Hotel” to find out more truth!

We were looking forward to this holiday for a long time, as we booked this “4 star” hotel which shows beautiful rooms on the website. I booked 3 nights, the charge for each night is 99 Pounds, so we expected clean room, good service and nice people.
When we checked in, a Thai lady received us, everything seemed great and we were very happy because the “Hotel” is in good position. The Thai lady told us the traffic information and the position of the Police station (It’s funny I thought it was unnecessary for me to know where the police station is!).
However when we step into our room, the room 4, I surprised to find many dead flies on the window. Later I also found some long blond hair in the bed. I told myself to ignore these, just enjoy the holiday! At the first night, my wife is in the middle of her menstrual period, and she left a little bit blood on the sheet in the middle of the night when we are in deep sleep. In the next morning we asked the hotel runner to change the sheet.
The horrible things came at the second night. It was about 22:00, an angry English man knocked our door loudly. He yelled at me, said that water penetrated to the ceiling of the ground floor from the bathroom of my room. I told him I am very sorry, I did wet the floor of the bathroom because some water came out from the bathtub. But I had no idea that the water proof of the bathroom is poor and somebody should remind me when I step into this room. Then he kept on yelled at me, spoke very fast and I cannot fully understand. I said sorry I do not fully understand what you said, it is possible because I have some problem about English. He said “no, you do not have English problems, you have problems with your brain!”. I was so surprised to hear this and I even did not know how to respond him! Final I understood that he was also angry with the little bit blood on the sheet. He kept on yelling: “you and your wife are so disgusting, are you animals? You clean up the bathroom, I’ll talk to you in the morning”. After saying all these terrible words to us, he just left! I was so angry. I cannot fall asleep for the whole night!
In the next morning, the angry English man did not show up. Me and my wife did not say anything when other guests were having their breakfast. After all the guests left, I politely told the Thai lady that somebody treated us horribly. If the Thai lady showed a little apology to us, I would let it go. Unfortunately, the Thai lady suddenly became angry, she kept on emphasizing that we wetted the ceiling, we contaminated their sheet. I was so pissed off, I tried to tell her that we were their guests, we did not want to do any damage to their house, they should treat us with politeness. Finally, the Thai lady threatened us that “this is not a hotel, this is B&B, my house. I can ask you to leave, no problems, no talking!” I asked her to give my money back if she wants us to leave, the answer is “not possible”.
We can not wait to leave! So we went to the tourist information center of Penzance, people there felt very sorry about what happened to us. They told me that this Estoril “Hotel” did not register with them, they can not do anything to them. Finally, they contacted another B&B for us, and advised that we should call the police and report racial discrimination for what the English man said to us.
After confirming another hotel, we went back to Estoril and checked out. At this time, the English man showed up, but said nothing. When I get the receipt, I found that they charge me extra 50 Pounds for the “damage”. I lost 99 plus 50 pounds in this “Hotel”.
We did not say a word to that English man. We got out in peace, went directly to the police station and reported the racial discrimination. A police officer did the investigation and told us that they can just persuade the Estoril to give my money back. I told the police officer that money is not the priority, I just want them to apology to us. The police officer went to Estoril and did some investigation. The result is, money and apology, not possible!

Penzance is a small town, people know each other. I talked with some local people, these are what I heard. “This man, if we say it in a polite way, he is unusual!” “We feel embarrassed to have this hotel in Penzance!” “There is a lot of complains about this Hotel” “you are unlucky to book this hotel”

If you just step in this hotel, get out before you still have time!

Faulty Towers Hotel!! Estoril Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2011

Was supposed to be staying at this hotel for 4 nights but ended up leaving before even staying the first night. First of all when walked into the hotel there was loads of really cheap ordainment in the corridor which i must admit looked really tacky. Then all the dirty laundry was in the hall way in the main entrance as soon as walked in. Truthfully we really hoped things would get better. We where shown to room by someone that didn't understand English that well and then when got to the room the carpet obviously had not been cleaned proper ally in room 2. Bits of dust where all over the switches. Then decided to wash feet after going for a walk to then have a hot tap not switch off after use. Also the tv remote control was missing from the room and all the tables had marks where sticky drinks had been split on them. The decor was somewhat dated and wallpaper torn. There was only 2 coffee sachets and 2 teabags in the refreshment coffee and tea tray. No soap or shower gel or shower hats where in the bathroom. the curtains when drawn still kept the sunlight in. Then My mother went to have a bath to then find no plug and had women come up 3 times with 3 different plugs that didn't fit. At this Point all very cheesed off and decided to leave. Then when decided to leave the manager decided to argue with us and moaned about having to drive ten miles to go and get a plug for us when said what was wrong and that wanted to just go home. I would not expect that type of service for a hotel that is supposed to be 4* do not recommend this for a visit or at least paying £120 a night

Unique Quality: no qualities other than some lovely sunflowers and plants in the front garden.

Nearby Estoril Hotel

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Estoril Hotel

• Free Parking

Penzance Travel Forum

Need advice about Penzance, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Penzance and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Penzance hotel reviews

Lands End
Jubilee Pool
Saint Michael's Mount
Things to Do
Pirates of Penzance Eat Here!
a marine safari
Use The Free Internet At The Library
Live like an Egyptian
Stoll the little streets
Things to Do
Round the back of the Boatsheds
Restaurants
The first radio signal across the ocean
What's he looking for??