Boskerris Road, Carbis Bay, Carbis Bay, TR26 2NQ, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Boskerris Hotel - Carbis Bay

The Boskerris is a small, family run hotel located in Carbis Bay, a few miles out of St Ives. We loved everything about our stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

All of the staff were so friendly and accommodating, the décor was modern and stylish, and everything was 'just right'. The large common area was perfect for relaxing in with a cup of tea or a drink from the bar, and had the sun been shining we would certainly have enjoyed the ocean views from the inviting sun deck.

Unique Quality: Our room (nbr 3) was also lovely, with great ocean views and a glimpse of St Ives in the distance. The bed was comfortable, and I loved the large bathroom with heated floor and water views.

Breakfast was excellent, served in the bright dining room (with more of those views), really cheery service and great cooked to order food, like French Toast, or Ricotta Pancakes, and the usual Full English, done with style.

There was plenty of car parking at the hotel, and free internet access was a bonus. We also enjoyed the daily staff suggestions of what to do in the area as the weather was pretty terrible during our two night stay.

More about Boskerris Hotel

Excellent Hotel

The hotel is located just outside St Ives. There is a train that takes literally 2 mins around the bay directly into St Ives. There is a lovely beach a 2 min walk down the hill. Views to die for from a lovely terrace and we also enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and evening drinks at the bar and in the lounge. The lounge is a delight. It is filled with comfy couches and stacked with wonderful books on art, culture, the local area etc.
The couple that run this hotel are young and dynamic and they are rightly very proud of what they created. It's lovely to be greeted with enthusiasm.

Our room had the most wonderful view straight to the sea. The bathrooms were sublime. Clean modern lines, large deep bathtub, glass shower with super large showerhead. Importantly plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Our bathroom had two sinks which was nice too.
The bedroom was equally nice with lovely duvets, a very chic colour scheme,a dvd player, plenty of storage and a good selection of tea cofee etc..

We enjoyed wonderful breakfasts both mornings. I had the full english, bacon and sausages are obtained by the local award winning butcher, eggs cooked exactly how ordered, mushrooms and vine tomatoes. Also cereals and fresh fruit was included.
We ate in the hotel one night and found the food excellent, a modern menu with good proportions.

It is clear that the owners who are friendly and helpful clearly have an attention to detail which is unsurpassed and which makes all the difference.

Overall excellent.

a little gem

by TripAdvisor Member general-manager62

stumbled upon the Boskerris Hotel by chance, we where attending a wedding reception at another hotel in carbis bay and needed to stay over, we drove by and i noticed there sign
quite small, yet very inviting . yes it is not cheap, but then again we do not mind paying for a very very good product, outstanding seaviews from our bedroom(Rm12) Great Bed, quality bathroom and very good Breakfast.

An Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Chino1

I booked a weekend at the Boskerris Hotel for my fiance's birthday in May.

The reception we got upon arrival was lovely and friendly without being overbearing. We requested an early check in and this was not a problem. We were given a quick tour of the hotel's lounge, bar, decking and restaurant, which was all gorgeous and had a real feeling of luxury about it.

We were then shown to our room, number 5, the Celebration Room. It was simply superb! Comfiest bed I have ever slept in, stunning sea views,with a seating area with coffee table, LCD Tv, sunken bath in the room, double sinks and a wet room. We were also given a complimentary bottle of wine in our room for the occasion - such a lovely touch.

We had a relaxed afternoon in St Ives, walking there along the coastal path with amazing views, and getting the little train back to the hotel (a 1 minute walk from the station).

We chose to have dinner at the hotel and boy am I glad we did! We had a drink on the decking before dinner watching the sun set, and chose our meals. The food was divine and very well presented. The menu changes daily so you get only the freshest ingredients. I had the steak and it was the best steak I have tasted in England. Dessert was simply heaven! They also had a very good selection of wine, champagne and digestifs.

They have a selection of dvd's that you can borrow overnight as well, which is a thoughful extra.

Breakfast was served in our room on request and was delicious and very filling.

All in all we had the best time possible and really didn't want to leave!

Highly recommended!!

What more could you want?

We went there beginning of May and what a find. The beds were unbelievably comfortable - I need to change my bed at home after experiencing that! The breakfast was the best I have EVER experienced - local produce cooked just how you think you would like it. The couple running it were great - nothing was too much trouble and made our stay as relaxing as possible.

The hotel had been recently refurbished and our room was absolutely stunning with a fantastic view and all mod cons. The train station was only a couple of minutes walk away and took a few minutes of great views on the costal branchline to get into St Ives. We could even have a couple of drinks as we didn't have to worry about driving home or parking. We relaxed every evening with drinks on the decking enjoying the views over St Ives Bay.

We ate in the first night and the food was terrific. You could tell the fish was fresh in that day and was cooked perfectly.

It was like a home from home and we were disappointed to have to go. We shall definitely be going back.

Thanks for a lovely week.

Zac and Suzanne

Shhhhhhh......

by TripAdvisor Member Chickadee7

I'm not going to put anything! I want to keep this hotel as a secret for me and my husband. Second stay, new 'superior' room, beautiful and perfect in every way. Well done to Marianne and Jonathan, and thanks again for such a relaxing and chilled break.

But don't go - you won't like it! ;)

Lovely

My boyfriend and I visited St Ives for the weekend to celebrate his birthday (and so he could surf!). So i wanted somewhere special but not hugely expensive. I booked this hotel based on the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor and I wasn't disappointed. Very friendly staff and owners. Our room was well equipped and really comfy. We were in the smallest room as I booked quite late, however it was still lovely and we would definitely go back. PS The views were amazing and breakfast was, as promised, fantastic!

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member emmsha

My wife and I stayed at the Boskerris for 5 nights and had a great time. Many thanks to Jonathan, Marianne and staff for making us feel so welcome and information on the best places to visit.
Great Hotel, Great location, Great staff.

A lovely hotel, But.....

by TripAdvisor Member Mandelbrot

My wife and I stayed three nights in a superior room. As indicated in other reviews, this is a lovely hotel in a super location. The staff are ever so helpful, breakfasts are excellent, rooms furnished in a modern style, rather tastefully.

That said, a few warnings:

1) it is a modern building and the walls are paper thin. You can listen to coversations next door....every rattle of a coathanger, every tinkle......well, ahem, you know... Our long lie was destroyed by inconsiderate next door neighbours who started slamming doors and having conversations at 06:30.....

2) The alleged Internet facility is very misleading. There is a data port for dial-up on the side of the telephone. Dial up - remember that? And at hotel-based rates! Unaffordable and ineffective, even if you still have a modem. The receptionsist explained that this was broadband, only dial-up broadband. Must be a new technology I have never heard of (I work in this field!). And, by the way, there are no hotspots, paid or free, anywhere in the vicinity.

3) There is no restaurant, though there is a limited choice buffet every evening for £20 a head. We tried that one night. It was very nice, but we would recommend planning to eat out in the excellent restaurants in St Ives - £2 return by train from the station just down the road, and trains every 40 minutes or so until 22:00.

To be honest, nice as this place was, we thought the price was over the top for what you get. Doubtless there is a premium for location, but the place does not have that extra edge that justifies £160 ($280) a night.

Feel at home

by TripAdvisor Member Chris_Battersea

Four of us (two couples) - recently stayed at the Boskerris hotel in St Ives for a long weekend. What a treat... we felt like we were in a friend's comfy beach house and made to feel right at home! The Boskerris is not in St Ives proper, but rather in Corbis Bay (which is better than St Ives!) why? Because when in the height of season you have to contend with traffic and noise... you'll appreciate the fact you are walking, training or cab distance away from 'downtown' (2km) in a quiet residential street above a glorious white sand beach!

The hotel is quiet... very white decor (walls, furniture, linens, etc ..but not pretentious. From the large map in the hall, to the books in the living room...you feel right at home. The owners make you feel welcome without being intrusive. The rooms are clean, modern, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast alone is worth the trip from London or Manchester... Conran style crockery, little touches that are classy, newspapers and delicious organic sausages/bacon! Plus, the staff are friendly and happy to help and serve...what a change from the normal hotel experience!

The hotel has a great deck outside with amazing views (although a bit windy)...the bar is well stocked, and the location is perfect for relaxing walks. Not close to any shops or restaurants...but, the owners will book tables for you and cabs at your request. We did have dinner one night which was limited...but delicious. An altogether affordable treat and surprise...

The staff gave brilliant advice on local beaches and beauty spots... booked us surf school lessons, and got us a table for two at the last minute at one of the best restaurants (Porthminster Beach cafe...pure heaven on a plate!) Who could complain!?!

The Boskerris is the poor man's Tresanton in North Cornwall...and much better value for money! I defy anyone to find better in St Ives with such endearing service and comfort. We'll be going back... St Ives lived up to the hype, and the Boskerris proved to be the star of the show!

Comments