White Waves Guest House

4 Sea View Terrace, St Ives, TR26 2DH, United Kingdom

Good For No Data
  • Fantastic guest house

The White Waves Guest house in St Ives is a great place to stay. I can't recommend it enough. Beautiful views, spotlessly clean, friendly hosts and no ridiculous prices. Lovely breakfasts and caters well for vegetarians. Light, airy and cosy. In easy reach of all amenities. You should stay there!

Unique Quality: Great Views, great hosts.

Directions: Near top of town (Tregenna Hill), towards Porth Minster beach

More about White Waves Guest House

White Waves was great!

by TripAdvisor Member curlybird

I booked White Waves as a result of reading all the feedback on this site and like other reviewers we weren't disappointed. We had a great welcome from Howie and Hannah and we were made to feel very much at home. The guest house is in a great location and the parking is a real plus. We shared a bathroom with the room next door and it was absolutely fine and very clean. We set off on the Sunday morning after a huge breakfast and a chat! Thanks again to Howie, Andy and Hannah - it was great to meet you and we hope to see you again. Thanks, Natalie & Warren.

THE BEST B&B EVER!!!

by TripAdvisor Member carpepm

We just got back from a whirlwind tour of England and the Netherlands and White Waves was by far THE BEST B&B!!! Howie and Andy are the most friendly hosts I have ever met! Their home is absolutely beautiful, their service is top notch and we honestly feel like we now have 2 great friends in England. If you are visiting St. Ives, you must stay with these amazing hosts in their picturesque home. Thanks so much for everything guys. We will definitely be back!
-Sara and Doug
P.S.
Break a leg in the show Andy!

Absolutely Incredible!!

My wife and I have traveled quite a bit and the White Waves was one of the greatest, most incredible places we have ever stayed. From the time Howie and Andy welcomed us to the time we waved goodbye to them, it was a dream vacation. Our room was amazing, with bay windows that opened up to the beautiful St. Ives Harbor. Saying the room was amazing is an understatement, my wife actually giggled and did a little dance when she walked in the door.

Howie and Andy treated us like old friends, giving us advice on things to see, places to eat and where to get the best bargains -- all of which were spot on. The breakfasts were hot and homemade and delicious, especially the Cornish Hog's Pudding. We travelled with our 1 yr old son and they made him feel at home too -- even playing with him so we could finish our breakfast one morning.

Everything about our stay at the White Waves was wonderful, from the fudge in the rooms to the loan of a hiking map. Everything. I've never given any place at Trip Advisor all fives -- but I'm doing it for the White Waves. We can't recommend it enough.

Howie and Andy --- Thanks for the wonderful hospitality!

Most enjoyable

A very pleasant and welcoming B&B. Howie made us feel very welcome and relaxed and it really felt like we were staying in a home more than just a B&B. The Rooms were very clean and tidy and there were many personal touches. The views were lovely and White Waves was only a 5 minute walk from the train station and the top of town. Howie and Andy had lots of advise about the area e.g. walks and places of interest.

Would recommend the walk to Lelant Saltings via path below train station this walk is easy and very pleasant with lovely sandy beaches and cliff views and a good pint in the Badger Inn past the church.. The longer Zennor walk was hard and you will need to give yourself around 3-4 hours one way. When you think you are there (no signs!!) turn right down the small track/road away from the coast for !/2 mile for the Tinners Arms for a drink and further to the main road bus back to St Ives :)

Thanks Howie & Andy

Scott & Carrie

A brilliant B & B - home from home

We have just returned from a short 3 night stay in St Ives and even though the weather was a little dull, we had a fantastic time. The town is lovely and it was made even better by staying in such a brilliant and comfortable B & B. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we walked through the door, when we were offered a very good cup of team and a slice of cake, until we left. The hospitality was fantastic, the rooms were spotless, very comfortable with lovely touches such as bowls of fudge in your room, to shower gel, shampoo and moisturiser in the bathroom. There were even glasses and a bottle opener for you to enjoy a nice bottle of wine in your room.
The house is in a fantastic spot with the added bonus of free parking. It has been very well decorated and has some lovely art work that Andy himself has done.
Then the best by far was the superb breakfasts with not only a choice of cereals and FRESH fruit salad, but also 3 choices of cooked breakfasts all served with superb hogs pudding - something to be tried! Howie is a fantastic cook!
Howie and Andy both made us feel very welcome and were genuinely interested in getting to know you, tell you about the places to visit, the pubs to go and the lovely walks to go on too!
This was our first visit to St Ives and to White Waves and will definately not be the last!

A special Place

What a breath of fresh air to be greeted so warmly by Andy & Howie at the White Waves guest house on our recent visit. It really was like meeting two life long friends who welcomed us into their home and made us feel so relaxed and comfortable. The position is excellent being just a short walk into the centre of St Ives and the views over the rooftops to the bay below is stunning. We were blessed with lovely weather during our stay and could not have wished for a more convenient location from which to explore this lovely
and unique seaside town. The rooms may not be very large but they are extremely comfortable with lots of personal touches and the whole house is spotless. The breakfasts on the two mornings we stayed were the highlights - being freshly prepared by Howie (visible in the kitchen from the dining room) and served by Andy. The fresh fruit salad to accompany the cerials is wonderful and the choice of full english breakfast or other options such as split criossants filled with bacon, mushrooms and cheese is to die for- all washed down with freshly brewed coffee (or a wide range of herbal teas) they really set you up for the day. It was a pleasure from start to finish and we certainly look forward to a return visit sometime soon!!

Great stay at White Waves

We stayed at the White Waves B&B for two nights - May 13 and 14. It was a most enjoyable stay. We were greated by Howie and shown to our beautiful room overlooking St. Ives.

Howie and Andy are such great host, making sure that we had everything that we needed, includinig imformtion about local restaurants and sites.

There was a choice of three different things for breakfast which we found a treat after eating the usual bacon and eggs.

We highly recommend this B&B, as it was one of the most pleasant and comfortable B&Bs that we stayed at during our month long trip.

Fine, but not for me.

by TripAdvisor Member Southerner2

I realise the hotel owners disagree with the bad review that was posted of this place a while back..... but I don't.

My boyfriend and I came here for a romantic break and were disappointed. Our room was tiny and cramped, there was a biscuit barrel (containing Tesco biscuits which were stale), the fudge was service station quality, the breakfast was average. I realise that it's just a matter of taste, and all I'm saying is that this place was not to my taste. I also felt the towels weren't great (they were from Woolworths, I know because I just bought some as throwaway swimming towels to take on holiday), the bed linen was thin with a low threadcount ... I realise that this place is budget accommodation but I just didn't like it and I'm entitled to that opinionm, just like the previous reviewer was.

It was incredibly clean though - and I mean incredibly clean!!! As budget choices go, I'm sure you could do much much much worse, but I wouldn't recommend this place for young people.... it's very chintzy.

I loved St Ives though.

Could have asked for more......

by TripAdvisor Member Alijames

My boyfriend and I stayed at White Waves this summer and we really couldn't have asked for more. From when we were greeted with a cup of tea and biscuits till we were waved off by Howie and Andy it was lovely. We felt more like guests in their home than paying visitors.

The house itself is very tastefully decorated, some people obviously don't get the chintz vibe but we loved it and thought it was very fitting to the house and the character of the owners.

Breakfast couldn't be better, great location, great price, car parking which is very useful and rare. I have recommended this place to many freinds and relatives already.

Ali, London (Age 23!)