The St George Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Avoid if possible

This is one of the worst hotels that I have ever had the displeasure to stay in. To begin with, my flight at the Durham Tees Valley Airport to Amsterdam was canceled because of snow in Amsterdam...okay, so the airlines offered me lodging at 4am...only one problem, the hotel "closes" till 8am, what is this a hotel that closes it doors at night??? So after waiting at the airport for 4 hours got to the hotel (it is just across the airport parking lot) and the receptionist told me I would have to wait for my room till 9am....Okay so got the room and immediately went to attach my universal charger plug so that I could charge my mobile phone and call home to tell of the delay. Only ONE problem the hotel had special plugs, and when I called the front desk they told me they have a policy of NOT letting you charge your electrical appliances in the rooms. So I had to go back to the airport and find an electrical outlet.
    The people manning the front desk were totally unhelpful and even unpleasant.

Unique Quality: The meals that were served, breakfast and dinner were adequate, not a full meal, but sufficient. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone at anytime unless you were stuck at the airport as I was.

Comments