Beech House Hotel Kendal

Rank 15 of 22 hotels
in Kendal
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
christine.j's Profile Photo

A warm and friendly stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 15, 2008

I had been looking for a B&B close to the Lake District in a town with a train station and I found Beech House in Kendal. I was very happy with my choice. Since my train from London left around 6 am, I arrived in Kendal early in the morning. But my room was already available, I could drop my luggage , freshen up and take the train to Windermere.

My room overlooked the beautiful garden, I could see the mountains of the Lake District in the background, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and everything I needed. In a corner of the room there was a tray with a kettle, more than enough coffee and tea, bisquits and bars of Kendal Mint Cake.

I paid £ 60 , this included an excellent full British breakfast. I didn't have any lunch, this breakfast was enough until late afternoon.

A word of warning though: this is not a good place for anybody with walking problems. The B&B is high up on a steep hill and I didn't see any rooms on ground level. It was good for me,though, as I could walk off some of the very good breakfast again.

Nearby Beech House Hotel Kendal

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kendal Travel Forum

Need advice about Kendal, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Kendal and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kendal hotel reviews

County Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Sundial Guest House
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Kendal
Sports massage
Things to Do
Beautiful house and gardens!
Things to Do