Beech House Hotel Kendal

40 Greenside, Kendal, LA9 4LD, United Kingdom

Beech House
Booking.com eDreams Priceline.com

• christine.j's Profile Photo

A warm and friendly stay

I had been looking for a B&B close to the Lake District in a town with a train station and I found Beech House in Kendal. I was very happy with my choice. Since my train from London left around 6 am, I arrived in Kendal early in the morning. But my room was already available, I could drop my luggage , freshen up and take the train to Windermere.

My room overlooked the beautiful garden, I could see the mountains of the Lake District in the background, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and everything I needed. In a corner of the room there was a tray with a kettle, more than enough coffee and tea, bisquits and bars of Kendal Mint Cake.

I paid £ 60 , this included an excellent full British breakfast. I didn't have any lunch, this breakfast was enough until late afternoon.

A word of warning though: this is not a good place for anybody with walking problems. The B&B is high up on a steep hill and I didn't see any rooms on ground level. It was good for me,though, as I could walk off some of the very good breakfast again.

Comments